SimXperience G-Belt review

Really???

My G-Belt arrived in a few days and it is still a more advanced product with much more advanced software support.

If availability is your only goal post, do what you've got to do, but don't bash a company that has a better product just because they are having supply problems.
If you read what I wrote, the problem is not a supply problem but a poor customer service problem....I was and am still willing to wait, never was disrespectful, they are the one that decides to push me to another company LOL

Disappointingly my G-belt stopped working a week ago, has anyone had this issue,
I used to be a big supporter of Simxperience but their customer service is lackluster in helping this time, reported the issue and got a reply that day, but nothing since despite several follow ups

How is it not working? As in, it stopped operating mechanically while it was in use, it no longer is recognised by Windows, it works but at a much lower output, etc? Which of those sounds most like the issue you're having?

I remember a while ago I had mine drop out on a few occasions while in use. I have not had it happen since and I've done a fair bit of driving with it. I had some USB suspend settings enabled by mistake and after turning those off and doing a few other things suggested by the SimX team, it's been fully operational ever since.

I did have a question though for other users/owners. In SimVibe, there is an option to assign Impacts to the profile for tactile. On our G-Belt though, there is no such feature. Does anyone have any tips on creating an effect to respond to car bumps, wall bumps, etc? I think it's a very immersive feeling when using motion, but with Simhub lacking a default impacts effect, as well as the G-Belt, this feeling is non existent when driving. I am using a custom effect from another user for Simhub to generate impacts with tactile, but I will need to dive into Simcommander and see if there is a setting I can commandeer into representing car impacts.

Just wondering if anyone has already made headway into this?

How is it not working? As in, it stopped operating mechanically while it was in use, it no longer is recognised by Windows, it works but at a much lower output, etc? Which of those sounds most like the issue you're having?

I remember a while ago I had mine drop out on a few occasions while in use. I have not had it happen since and I've done a fair bit of driving with it. I had some USB suspend settings enabled by mistake and after turning those off and doing a few other things suggested by the SimX team, it's been fully operational ever since.
I need to send it back :(
I hope it doesnt cost too much shipping from the UK
and I think its the chip in the wire as every other possibility seems to have been eliminated

I was one of the beta testers for the new SimXperience G-Belt system and agree with all of the other testers that this system is amazing. If you are looking for the answer to “should i get one”... It is a MUST buy on your shopping list if you are looking to take your sim racing immersion to the next level.

EmITA1M.jpg

My current setup before adding the G-Belt
8020 rig, 4250i dbox, GS5, Simvibe, windsim, OSW, HE Ultimates, HP Reverb
There are many sim accessories that we all look to for added immersion in sim racing and there are so many great products out there to give you the feeling of being in the actual car. This addition to my rig has been the “wow” moment that makes you smile every time you jump into the seat. I will share just a few points with everyone help you on your quest for more immersion in your sim racing. Installation was very simple when mounted up to the GS5 but will mount to any seat or rig with very little modification.

JJMI4HI.jpg

Software setup was also very easy to get everything fired up. One of the key benefits of the Simcommander software was the cloud tuning option. We have all gone through our endless tuning options in the past on trying to get the “right” feeling. Tweaking each option in software is still there if you want but the cloud tuning with Simcommander is so good that literally you can just plug this in and get racing without messing around… yes the cloud tuning is that good. I played with lots of tuning options during the beta test but always reverted back to the cloud tune profile and realized how much better it felt then my own profile. This active belt system is plug and play! There is also an added level of safety with this system in the way the belts are on a cam so if there was ever a malfunction with the motor, the belts will not keep getting tighter and tighter.

I also experimented with a few different seatbelts and really fell in love with the 5 point 2” belts to achieve the best feel of the system. The anti-submarine belt keeps all of the belts in the proper location when the system is actively pulling on you. They can be found very reasonably and are definitely needed.

dxaYlh4.jpg

Everything I have added to my rig to increase immersion has been incremental. Some may say that a belt system is overkill and just not needed, to put it mildly… WRONG lol. From just pulling out of the pits to the first corner, the G-Belt system completes a huge part of the picture that we all have been missing. The sustained forces under braking and cornering immediately hit you and feels so right. There is a connection to the car that just wasn’t felt before that adds so much immersion. There is an ability to drive a little deeper into the corner since the forces are giving you more cues on what the car is doing. Having 2 motors to pull the belts differently allows the corning feel to really enhance the sensation of throwing around a racecar. The motors used in the system are very fast and effective. At no point during the testing did I ever feel the need for more power.

As with the other testers, I tested the G-Belt without using my other motion systems on a few occasions. I eliminated one system at a time while testing to get the effect of what it would be like for other users with different configurations. I started by turning off systems in the following order Dbox, windsim, GS5, and Simvibe. Using the G-Belt system at each stage of the test yields the same result in that it's one of the most important systems to have. Even little things like bumps, shifting, slides can all be felt with the belt system. The G-Belt adds so much to all sim rigs from static to full motion. It’s a great system that is so well built, it feels like a tank.

NTA3xvr.jpg

After using the G-Belt in all different configurations it made me wonder how I drove without it. It’s such an intuitive and needed force that we all experience everyday in our own cars. The biggest take away is that sustained forces really communicate how and what the car is doing and until this point there hasn’t been a plug and play solution. When I tried test sessions without the G-Belt active, everything felt so different aka dead. Simxperience hit it out of the park with this product. For those on the fence to purchase the system, it’s a must buy. For those that think they really don’t need it, it’s still a must buy if you are looking for immersion. I feel for the price it’s one of the best bang for the dollar in sim racing. Congratulations to the entire SimXperience team on producing an amazing product. I know i’m never taking mine off :)
Hi. I was wondering if you had updated thoughts on this setup, as I am looking to add g seat and g belt to my current dbox setup and there is no better feedback than deep long-term feedback. Thanks!

Hi. I was wondering if you had updated thoughts on this setup, as I am looking to add g seat and g belt to my current dbox setup and there is no better feedback than deep long-term feedback. Thanks!
I ordered both the GS-5 and G-Belt on day 1 of release and can't drive without:thumbsup:. I'm thinking of maybe adding some d-box-alike motion to it, but actually I'm quite happy how the rig is.

My-Rig-2-22-3.jpg

I ordered both the GS-5 and G-Belt on day 1 of release and can't drive without:thumbsup:. I'm thinking of maybe adding some d-box-alike motion to it, but actually I'm quite happy how the rig is.

View attachment 551265
Very cool setup. Can’t wait for my gseat/belt to arrive.

Likewise, I can’t drive without my dbox (suspension based motion). The key for me is I didn’t want a science experiment, and I wanted safety, reliability, and innovation (that did not increase the footprint of my rig). Plus I wanted a turn-key system that just works (kind of like gseat/belt). I went with dbox. That said, I have been speaking with Sigma Integrale over the past week, whom are fully USA based (spoke at length via their Vendor thread here, PM, and phone). I am really impressed. If making the decision again I would consider them as well.

Last edited:
Very cool setup. Can’t wait for my gseat/belt to arrive.

Likewise, I can’t drive without my dbox (suspension based motion). The key for me is I didn’t want a science experiment, and I wanted safety, reliability, and innovation (that did not increase the footprint of my rig). Plus I wanted a turn-key system that just works (kind of like gseat/belt). I went with dbox. That said, I have been speaking with Sigma Integrale over the past week, whom are fully USA based (spoke at length via their Vendor thread here, PM, and phone). I am really impressed. If making the decision again I would consider them as well.
With shipping plus 19% VAT in Germany there are better alternatives for the Sigma-actuators. I have a big Buttkicker under the seat and two Minis for the pedals on a passive suspended rig. Now I'm thinking about upgrading the GS-5 with four Dayton Audio TT25, because these four round slots in the push-plates are meant to be a perfect fit for them after cutting them out.

Got my Dayton TT25 yesterday and wow, what a great upgrade:thumbsup:. I waited so long because I had concerns that I loose sitting comfort, but it's just different, not worse at all, even those shakers stick out quite a bit. If so, I would've designed and 3D-printed some surface around them, but no need. I didn't expect the effect so Buttkicker Concert alike and I have one under the seat, but turned it off and might even sell it. If I up the volume of the Buttkicker so high to get similar results, my neighbours call the police (knowing from experience twice:confused:), but the bass-emissions seems very low with those Dayton's:)

I bought the 16 ohm version on Ebay and since two are connected linear (stereo), it's 32 ohm, but no problem for my 4x 100 watts amp that also powers the two Buttkicker Minis at the front. The cables attached to the shakers are ridiculous thin and I should've picked up some screw terminals instead of cramp-connectors. This is a photo of the cable wiring before tighten everything with gaffa tape. There are two pre-drilled holes you can't see here beneath the bottom plates to route them out to the actuator cables. You also need M3 or M3.5 screws and nuts at least 10 mm.

GS-5-Dayton-shaker-upgrade.jpg

Got my Dayton TT25 yesterday and wow, what a great upgrade:thumbsup:. I waited so long because I had concerns that I loose sitting comfort, but it's just different, not worse at all, even those shakers stick out quite a bit. If so, I would've designed and 3D-printed some surface around them, but no need. I didn't expect the effect so Buttkicker Concert alike and I have one under the seat, but turned it off and might even sell it. If I up the volume of the Buttkicker so high to get similar results, my neighbours call the police (knowing from experience twice:confused:), but the bass-emissions seems very low with those Dayton's:)

I bought the 16 ohm version on Ebay and since two are connected linear (stereo), it's 32 ohm, but no problem for my 4x 100 watts amp that also powers the two Buttkicker Minis at the front. The cables attached to the shakers are ridiculous thin and I should've picked up some screw terminals instead of cramp-connectors. This is a photo of the cable wiring before tighten everything with gaffa tape. There are two pre-drilled holes you can't see here beneath the bottom plates to route them out to the actuator cables. You also need M3 or M3.5 screws and nuts at least 10 mm.

View attachment 552484
So the pucks don’t get mounted underneath?

DId you cut out the holes in the panels or are those pucks mounted on the surface? Purchased them but have not gotten around to mounting them yet. Thanks.

DId you cut out the holes in the panels or are those pucks mounted on the surface? Purchased them but have not gotten around to mounting them yet. Thanks.
Yes, I've cut them with my jigsaw and takes two seconds per connection. Some sand-paper to smoothen the edges comes in handy, but it's not a tight fight anyway. Some people say it's not necessary to cut them, but there would be a lot more sticking over the plates if doing otherwise and with my 3D-printer I could just print a cover to close the holes anyway if I wish. Certainly I don't because the immersion-plus is huge. I've expected a lot less.

Last edited:
Well, I'm going for it and ordered a G-belt. It will be a bit before it gets shipped out to me, so now I am looking for a harness. Anyone willing to share links to harnesses they would recommend? I''m going to go 5 or 6 point. Thanks.

Yes, I've cut them with my jigsaw and takes two seconds per connection. Some sand-paper to smoothen the edges comes in handy, but it's not a tight fight anyway. Some people say it's not necessary to cut them, but there would be a lot more sticking over the plates if doing otherwise and with my 3D-printer I could just print a cover to close the holes anyway if I wish. Certainly I don't because the immersion-plus is huge. I've expected a lot less.
Thanks. What effects are you using for so far? Are you running them in four channels or are some linked?

I'd seriously consider using SimHub for tactile. SimVibe doesn't come close anymore. Once upon a time they were better, but SimHub pulled away a while back.
Interesting. I am running SimHub to drive the screen on my GSI Formula Pro Elite rim so might explore that route. Kind of used to SimVibe but maybe!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 252 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%