Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

Cars Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Superinter If you download the update that was just released it's all packed into a folder than zipped. In this case unzip, then drop the content folder in your 'assettocorsa' folder (a few steps back from cars in the previous address), or alternatively you can click through the zip contents to skipbarber_f2000 and copy that folder to your cars folder. Either method will work and it won't conflict with the previous version of that car in the event you want to keep both. Cheers!

I prefer first version of the car. Despite having a bit too much grip first version is more lively and fun to drive with balance of under and oversteer. Feels like new version has even more grip but with gnarly weight transfer. Very tricky to catch slides. It also likes to tank slapper when you kiss inside kerbs or need corrections mid corner. Grip is very on/off like. New version doesn't have power to do burnout but little slide and it's like on ice.

For some reason gearbox still has auto cutoff which doesn't really encourage anyone to ever lift for gear change.

I prefer first version of the car. Despite having a bit too much grip first version is more lively and fun to drive with balance of under and oversteer. Feels like new version has even more grip but with gnarly weight transfer. Very tricky to catch slides. It also likes to tank slapper when you kiss inside kerbs or need corrections mid corner. Grip is very on/off like. New version doesn't have power to do burnout but little slide and it's like on ice.

FWIW what I've heard about the real car is that it is actually a bit tricky through the bends by design, because it rewards smooth inputs and encourages good driving habits - which is its job as a driving school car.

Exact comparison to real one I can't give, but the real car has a reputation for biting you in the arse; especially if you lift mid corner IIRC.

I must say the 1st version is pretty much right on when it comes to handling. I'll try the newer one, but I hope you can go back to the older one If you can.Its handling is perfect, especially keeping the power on in turns.
Yes that keeping the power on supposedly helps later with higher powered cars to keep the car balanced.

The car in the new update feels much better I think, I drove around few laps and it feels more natural and more predictable. The skins are also amazing.

FWIW what I've heard about the real car is that it is actually a bit tricky through the bends by design, because it rewards smooth inputs and encourages good driving habits - which is its job as a driving school car.

Exact comparison to real one I can't give, but the real car has a reputation for biting you in the arse; especially if you lift mid corner IIRC.
I know this car very well from other games and seen from real life videos how it should behave. First version already had the handling character you talk about. Now it's just IMO exaggerated too far.

I wanted to wait until 1.1 to type my thoughts and now that it's out: The current model is definitely not bad for a first timer. Yeah it could absolutely use some work at the seams but the rest is fine. Sounds are good too but the physics just feels off. I've driven both the rf2 and iracing versions(though i haven't driven tire model7 version) and i can say even though this car is known to be a handful, it simply shouldn't bite as hard as this. It punishes you way too much and catching slides is almost impossible. Even the tiniest one. My breaks lock up incredibly easily but that could be just me not having a loadcell pedal.

just so you'll know....Skip Barber F1 driver (March 711 Cosworth)
11c6573656b3bdfa29e5865f644e84ec.jpg
9e9633778972a6660202ff3167e603ed.jpg
5f05ef77da07acbcc51dc7095ead9f42.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everybody, we are so proud to anounce that Sim Racing System will use the skippy!
we are working on a "final" (this never ends, but we don't want to change it every 2 days or too much because it would be very caotic) that will be a mix from the 1st and 2nd version with some model adjustments and a few more skins. Thanks everybody who has downloaded it and writted their opinions respectfully and constructive, that I must say is kind of the 100% of the community, it is a big support and make us more enthusiast about the project. I know my english sucks so I'm even more grateful with each one of you and off course special thanks to Kyuubeey, DrPenguin87 and Aratbone without them this was never happened.

Just driven a few laps and it feels very well. Didn't notice a major difference to V1. Still bites you at mid corner lift, as it should be. And it rewards you while driving clean lines!

@Kyuubeey
But there seems to be a critical error somewhere with a *.lut file, as the LOG file is spammend with ' EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO () ' entries. After a 30 min 10 car track day the log.txt was near 3 GB. It starts in the log after camber and toe settings are loaded for the car (stock setup):

Code:
UNLOADING MESH RESOURCES
Setup change for Car: skipbarber_f2000 [0] Changing: ROD_LENGTH_LF from 0.050000 to 0.050000
Setup change for Car: skipbarber_f2000 [0] Changing: CAMBER_LF from 0.058468 to 0.057596
Setup change for Car: skipbarber_f2000 [0] Changing: TOE_OUT_LF from 0.000300 to 0.000300
Setup change for Car: skipbarber_f2000 [0] Changing: ROD_LENGTH_RF from 0.050000 to 0.050000
Setup change for Car: skipbarber_f2000 [0] Changing: CAMBER_RF from -0.058468 to -0.057596
Setup change for Car: skipbarber_f2000 [0] Changing: TOE_OUT_RF from 0.000300 to 0.000300
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO ()

Download complete log file below.

Attachments

• log.txt
    99.5 KB · Views: 303
What I have found in 1.1 one that it is very easy to catch a slide. Just hit the brakes and the car will straighten out immediately with a little loss in forward momentum. It's a strange behavior. When rear traction is lost, hitting the brakes should remove additional weight from the rear thus reducing rear traction even more, not increasing it to the point where traction is immediately gained and automatically straightens the car to it's original attitude. That, to me, is not physically possible in RL.

Regarding the keeping of ver 1.0 and ver 1.1, if ver 1.0 is in the skipbarber folder, and ver 1.1 installs in skip_barber_f2000 folder, you will have both cars in the content/cars folder.

I don't understand why people are comparing the car to other sims or dare I say their own expectations. Compare it to reality. :O_o:

I had a good laugh at the notion of "I've driven the car a lot in iRacing, so I know how it behaves". :roflmao:

@tripprider

That's just because the rearward load distribution and relatively low grip compared to deceleration potential makes the fronts lock up far sooner than rears. Brakes will easily overpower any small load distribution change: just slam then in a non-ABS car and check. :thumbsup:

I did decrease pressure for the current developer version, and changed bias a little bit rearward, as most users don't have load cells, and there's a margin to adjust it anyway.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 3 1.9%