Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

Cars Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
ok, I am using the custom shaders patch (v0.1.22). How do I get rid of it? I don't even like the way night works in this game with that, but I'm afraid of trying to reinstall - I have hundreds of mods, it'd be a nightmare to reinstall then track them all down again.

I tried launching the game with several of the cars. I've attached the log file without my steam info...seems to be a lot of this happening:

LOADING ANIMATION: content/cars/skipbarber_f2000/animations/car_shift.ksanim
VERSION: 1
ERROR: Variable type cannot be found

SMOKE LEVEL AT 4:eSmokeHigh

But the last thing it does is this:

POWER CLASS INDEX
skipbarber_f2000: 147.0
skipba

And it abruptly ends there. I guess that's where I shut the game down cuz I was tired of waiting for it to stop being hung. I've also attached a log from trying to load just one car - maybe that one will be easier to decipher? It also abruptly ends trying to load the shift animation I guess?
LOADING ANIMATION: content/cars/skipbarber_f2000/animations/car_shift.ksanim
VERSION: 1

Attachments

• anon_skipbarber_log.txt
    584.8 KB · Views: 298
  • anon_skipbarber_single_log.txt
    61.5 KB · Views: 280
So, now that I can actually drive the car, I'd like to make a minor suggestion - optional physics for a manual transmission. VRC included a extra physics file with their 1999 Formula NA car (C.A.R.T.) that allowed you to convert the car to a manual h-pattern shifter. While that isn't historically accurate (the '99 CART car was a sequential stick, much like this car), it helps immersion to use the h-pattern if you're unable to provide hardware for a sequential-stick. I have a g27, so it's either paddles or h-shifter for me. Part of the challenge of driving cars like this with a sequential-stick is needing to take one hand off the steering wheel to change gears, even if the stick only moves up and down. Paddles kind of mute that point out.

Otherwise, excellent work to all involved in creating this gem! It's really quite fun even with paddles :)

Hola ! cuando descargo el archivo .rar y lo intento abrir o extraer me da erros, dice que está dañado el archivo. Se que es problema mio pero me ecantaría que me ayudaseis a descargarlo. No sé que esta pasando. :(

Hola ! cuando descargo el archivo .rar y lo intento abrir o extraer me da erros, dice que está dañado el archivo. Se que es problema mio pero me ecantaría que me ayudaseis a descargarlo. No sé que esta pasando. :(
OK. Puedo descargar todo lo que quiera bien, menos este mod. me sigue dando error.

@daniel ramirez i did get a chance to try it in SRS, the car was fantastic...although I was less than stellar. Made a few places, lost a few places, shunted a guy....I wouldn't even be remotely competitive if it weren't for this car evening the field. So cheers! It's fantastic online!

Okay people, skippy will get a visual upgrade during next days. right now working on:
New welding details, and cage texture
upload_2019-7-31_15-30-43.png

upload_2019-7-31_17-5-33.png

New rim and tyres 3d model and minor texture adjusments
upload_2019-7-31_15-31-18.png
upload_2019-7-31_15-32-54.png

More detailed mirrors
upload_2019-7-31_15-32-23.png
upload_2019-7-31_15-38-4.png

new winshield model and texture
upload_2019-7-31_15-37-32.png

The idea is to work on a new steering wheel, enhance a lot the cockpit details and textures in general.

Last edited:
Not sure I would trust a car with welds like that. I like the idea and effect you are going for but proper welds don't look like that.

This is a proper Mig weld.

attachment.php

And this
attachment.php

And this is proper Tig welding.
IMG_4452.jpg

I have come across a few other mods where, when using a sequential transmission, you have to lift to get a good, fast shift. Otherwise, if you don't, there's a delay for it to engage, and the engine revs up. I know the Skippy has a similar shifting characteristic. I could probably find one of those mods in case you want to see how they did it. I think one of the BMW V12 LMR mods I have shifts this way, and I was trying out another one yesterday that had the same characteristic.

I have come across a few other mods where, when using a sequential transmission, you have to lift to get a good, fast shift. Otherwise, if you don't, there's a delay for it to engage, and the engine revs up. I know the Skippy has a similar shifting characteristic. I could probably find one of those mods in case you want to see how they did it. I think one of the BMW V12 LMR mods I have shifts this way, and I was trying out another one yesterday that had the same characteristic.
it will be useful, but the next update will not include physics changes, right now the goal is to improve visual aspects ... but sure, that will be usefeul info for next updates :)

I understand the need for realism, but how much of this is exactly seen when your driving the car?
I drove the wheels off the iRacing version, and I think this one already has more detail. OK on a higher end PC maybe you might notice a little, but as far as I'm concerned were basically talking about window dressing at this point.
Daniel you nailed this car from the start, the handling is very, very good, for that matter lets just call it excellent. The little details are getting better and better, but do we really need them? I just wonder at what point do you stop and say its very good as-is..
Don't get me wrong I love detail as well, but how much is enough ?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%