Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
@JackCY It is already done this way:
AE Target and Exposure Limits are automatically set, only if "ae__use_self_calibrating = true" in sol_config.

I read out the fixed tonemapping exposure to have a manually exposure offset with autoexposure.

Why might that be down to Sol?

I had similar issues with FPS on night tracks, till I did the following:

Turn VSync off in Content Manager

Go to VSync in NVidia Control Panel and set it to adaptive

Also in NVidia Control Panel set Maximum Pre-rendered frames to 1 and set Virtual Reality Pre-rendered frames to Use apllication setting

If that doesn't work, upgrade to Shaders Patch 114 and it should.

Hi !!

For night race i use shader49 and mod performance
But according to the track (exemple Macau) when light track on , FPS down and it's unplayable :(
I don't know the light config of this track. But you could try to lower track lights distance in the Sol_weather app. Just open it and open the plan window by the ">>>" button. Then look at the bottom of it.

We think about other options. We switched to install via CM because many people wanted it. And we are now in a state where it should be integrated in Shader Patch, because of the many problems with the installation. Sure manual install is the safest way, but many people don't know about file structure of AC. If it is integrated in CSP, then maybe the distribution over RD is obsolete. There are many options right now. Will see...
IMO integrating it into CM the way the Shader patch is integrated would be the easiest solution, if possible even with the option to switch versions.

Shaders Patch 123 and 125 have issues with the dynamic ambient if you use Sol 1.1.1, but, they are fixed if you use Sol 1.2 RC1. Using it also cleared up reflection bugs that were present in 114. I think, what with Shaders Patch moving onto it, that it's time to release Sol 1.2 properly. If the RC1 is anything to go by I think it's ready now

Unfortunatly not for me, AC is crashing with "race cancelled" whatever I do :cry:
and after an hour of trying different things from the main page, this support section and the discord I am giving up. Still Sol is a great mod and I hope I can get AC to work again without having to reinstall it.
Cheers!

Unfortunatly not for me, AC is crashing with "race cancelled" whatever I do :cry:
and after an hour of trying different things from the main page, this support section and the discord I am giving up. Still Sol is a great mod and I hope I can get AC to work again without having to reinstall it.
Cheers!
Does it say "driver model is probably missing?"

No, just the plain "race cancelled" message from CM.
Is there any log files created by AC or CM that could give me a hint where to start?

EDIT: I cannot believe it....I tried it all the time on Road America, because of the SRS series racing there, tried Nordschleife just now and it works flawlessly with Sol 1.2RC1 and shaderPatch 0.1.25.127 .....I am lost for words....*facepalm*

Edit2: Paul Ricard is also crashing, Mt. Akina not....I am blaming the Tracks Configs and/or Tracks VAO from custom shaders patch....

Edit3: VAO seems to be ok, but if I remove the Track Config for RoadAmerica it crashes instantly without loading anything.....thats above my understanding, but I hope that provides some information for somebody

Last edited:
Im also getting "Race Canceled" with Monoco 2017 2.0 It starts to load, then on bottom left of screen I see the words Loading, then "clouds.." then it exits back to CM with the race cancelled message..
Im using SOL 1.1.1 with Shader 1.25/74

No, just the plain "race cancelled" message from CM.
Is there any log files created by AC or CM that could give me a hint where to start?

EDIT: I cannot believe it....I tried it all the time on Road America, because of the SRS series racing there, tried Nordschleife just now and it works flawlessly with Sol 1.2RC1 and shaderPatch 0.1.25.127 .....I am lost for words....*facepalm*

Edit2: Paul Ricard is also crashing, Mt. Akina not....I am blaming the Tracks Configs and/or Tracks VAO from custom shaders patch....

Edit3: VAO seems to be ok, but if I remove the Track Config for RoadAmerica it crashes instantly without loading anything.....thats above my understanding, but I hope that provides some information for somebody

Are you getting the track configs from Github or Discord? I haven't had problems with any I've got from Discord. If you look on Discord sometimes they post links to tracks as well as configs.

• Deleted member 197115

Try clean install once in a while
https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/537345783473766411/537372133899239429

After that just copy CSP and SOL into MODS folder and activate in CM, CSP first.

CSP 69+ do not include track configs, so you need to install them, either by downloading from github (Peter's install instruction covers that) or just using new install function for all configs, click ellipsis in a right corner and choose "install" for each group.
upload_2019-5-19_8-28-58.png

As long as all what's needed to have Sol + SLP + acc-extension-config-master working perfectly is divided at nearly all separated threads or Discord channels ... problems will always happen for those not knowing perfectly Assetto Corsa folder and files structure ... we are noticing it every day in different messages.

Worse ... even with a better knowledge of everything, there are already problems happening.
I had a regular "Race cancelled" a few hours ago, coming from Prev.114 to 127. .... why ? I simply didn't know there was no need any longer to unzip the shaders.zip. .... and that should bring problems.
Once everything unactivated with JSGME ... and modifying the SLP structure without unzipping the Shaders.zip included in the extensions.... and everything reactivated .... everything was running finally perfectly.

Next ... with version 127 ... nearly nothing for Tracks or Cars in the extension/config/cars and tracks folders .... and with activating the acc-extension-config-master dated may 15..... many messages in JSGME for replacement of already existing files in the SLP 127 .... I allowed the install ... but did I replace good files for older ones ??? I don't know .... that might be maybe another reason for problems.

Which install order follow in such a case ? ....acc-extension-config-master or SLP first ? .....

There are really many things to know in order to avoid problems .... just a little regularly updated summary of all this ( SLP, Sol and config files ) at just 1 place or thread should really be welcome
at least for stable or nearly stable versions. I'm sure it should avoid much time loss and answers repetitions for Peter, Ilja and co...... and less problems for users.

• Deleted member 197115

Incredible performance boost with 127, btw.
Prague with 12 opponents, no reprojection in VR, this is something.
New optimization option as it seems. Disable if you start noticing things disappearing esp. at night. I have noticed some opponents behind not having headlights on.
upload_2019-5-19_9-54-36.png

Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

bugfixes, smog, new horizon fog, blue shadow tones

Recommended Install:

Update Custom Shader Patch in CM to version 1.25.127:
View attachment 306614

Install Sol 1.2 manually:
1. Open the Sol zip.
2. Go into the folder /MODS/Sol
3. Copy all folders to AC root folder
4. Confirm overwriting existing files

View attachment 306617

CHANGELOG SOL 1.2

compatibility: Custom Shader Patch 1.25.49 or higher / CSP 1.25.127 recommended

- core: failsafes to run shader patch 1.25.49
- core: foggy/smoggy...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back