Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, first of all big congrats to everyone's involved on this super project !
I have sol since a while now, but looks like since the last update i lost the rain spray. I tried all stuff (uninstall-install back, disable new smokes on CSP, tried to make changes in-game with the un-bug mod) but didn't change anything unfortunately.

Hello, first of all big congrats to everyone's involved on this super project !
I have sol since a while now, but looks like since the last update i lost the rain spray. I tried all stuff (uninstall-install back, disable new smokes on CSP, tried to make changes in-game with the un-bug mod) but didn't change anything unfortunately.
You need to disable the "new smoke and dust" particles in CSP particlesFX.

We discovered an very unusal behavoir of CM/CSP:

If you got an instant crash when running the game with the error output:

AC\cameraforwardyebis.cpp (1269): CameraForwardYebis::renderApplyEffect
AC\cameraforwardyebis.cpp (1182): CameraForwardYebis::render
AC\sim.cpp (2564): Sim::renderScene
AC\game.cpp (275): Game::render
AC\game.cpp (126): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Try to deactivate all CSP moduls in CM and reactivate them.

1593511892791.png

It could be a solution of the whole crashes you have.....

Last edited:
I have the same problem. No more sound of rain drop and No more rain spray with sol 1.6 or 1.54 and CSP 01.61. With CSP 01.52 , to 01.56 i have sound of rain but no rain spray and with more recent CSP nothing at all .I have disabled the "new smoke and dust" particles in CSP particlesFX and it changes nothing ! one idee ? thank for the great job Peter !!!

I have the same problem. No more sound of rain drop and No more rain spray with sol 1.6 or 1.54 and CSP 01.61. With CSP 01.52 , to 01.56 i have sound of rain but no rain spray and with more recent CSP nothing at all .I have disabled the "new smoke and dust" particles in CSP particlesFX and it changes nothing ! one idee ? thank for the great job Peter !!!
Actually I wouldn't repair much in terms of rain and rain sound and spray. CSP rainFX is prepared in the background and it will bring much things we try to get working with mods or different solutions. So I would stay calm until the real thing is released.

Last edited:
I need help
can you tell me how can i make SOL recognize which mesh wiper should clean the glass, and which is the conventional name that SOL recognizes.
I have the wiper divided into 3 parts, 3 empty each with animation:

null 1: "WIPER" (wiper connection to the bodywork)
inside null 1 "WIPER": "GEO_Wiper_Arm1"

null 2: "WIPER1" (wiper arm)
inside null 2 "WIPER1": "GEO_Wiper_Arm2"

null 3: "WIPER2" (wiper blade)
inside null 3 "WIPER2": "GEO_Wiper_Blade"

thanks for any help.

I need help
can you tell me how can i make SOL recognize which mesh wiper should clean the glass, and which is the conventional name that SOL recognizes.
I have the wiper divided into 3 parts, 3 empty each with animation:

null 1: "WIPER" (wiper connection to the bodywork)
inside null 1 "WIPER": "GEO_Wiper_Arm1"

null 2: "WIPER1" (wiper arm)
inside null 2 "WIPER1": "GEO_Wiper_Arm2"

null 3: "WIPER2" (wiper blade)
inside null 3 "WIPER2": "GEO_Wiper_Blade"

thanks for any help.
Hello,

Sol is just a weatherFX implementation. Its function is to generate weather graphics wise. All other things belongs to CSP. You could use the CSP Discord Server to find your awnsers. Here is a link to the config chat:

Really love SOL 1.6. The cracks of thunder is really great! I did have a couple of issues.

1. Wet Mod tracks don't show a wet track
2. When starting with sol heavy thunderstorm myself and all AI would be stuck at the grid out of gas.

Deleting the weather_fx.ini file and reloading CSP fixed the no gas issue and I don't mind that wet track mod doesn't work so no wet roads, but I'm happy to wait for it to be implemented in CSP at a later date.

My question though, with wet roads not coming till later in CSP, we shouldn't expect wet spray from the cars ahead of us? If that's the case...I believe I'm correctly setup and happy to be on the SOL 1.6 train:)
I have the same problem with the WetMode...

hi peter is there a way to link the sol weather to the new rain option in csp 1.62.13 so when set to real conditions the rain starts without using rain debug?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%