Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Super Touring Experience
* A lot of code updates and tweaks. The program is now an exe file with file permissions.
Now support for BTC mod a and super touring tracks pack, years 2001 - 2003 added. Should also be more user friendly.

1662568445491.png
Glad you're still working on this! I've always loved the concept of this career mode-type experience for the BTCC (esp. Super Touring era). Due to technical issues with RACE 07 and this outstanding rF2-converted Oulton Park, I admittedly have found myself using the GTR2 FRM Super Touring mod more often recently, but a well-put-together single player experience for RACE 07 would likely draw me back. :)

Should possibly update wtcc 1987, but it works quite well as it is.
It does work well as it is! The dream would be if someone filled out more of the 1987 WTCC grid with Group A cars from the Touring Car Legends mod... but that's a huge amount of work for anyone to undertake.

It does work well as it is! The dream would be if someone filled out more of the 1987 WTCC grid with Group A cars from the Touring Car Legends mod... but that's a huge amount of work for anyone to undertake.

I don't know how these are made, it might not be that hard to convert.
But I don't know what they think about allowing conversions :unsure:

And there would be a huge numbers of car ID's needed...

I don't know how these are made, it might not be that hard to convert.
But I don't know what they think about allowing conversions :unsure:

And there would be a huge numbers of car ID's needed...
In case you're wondering, there is a TCL conversion for GTR2 already available, although it was done in a permissions grey area and IIRC its physics leave something to be desired compared to the liveliness of the rF1 original.

But anyway. Sorry, I was just dreaming in my previous post... I didn't mean to make it sound like a request or suggestion! Obviously, if you ever chose to bring more 80s Group A to RACE 07, I'd be thrilled, I won't lie – but I'd only ever want you to work on projects you're interested in, passionate about, and feel are feasible :)

In case you're wondering, there is a TCL conversion for GTR2 already available, although it was done in a permissions grey area and IIRC its physics leave something to be desired compared to the liveliness of the rF1 original.

But anyway. Sorry, I was just dreaming in my previous post... I didn't mean to make it sound like a request or suggestion! Obviously, if you ever chose to bring more 80s Group A to RACE 07, I'd be thrilled, I won't lie – but I'd only ever want you to work on projects you're interested in, passionate about, and feel are feasible :)
I have downloaded the mod for rfactor (but I don't have that game).
I will have a look, maybe it's not that difficult to convert.
But if it is possible to do I could use some help trying to get permission from the author(s). I plan to convert the mod just as it is (if I will do it), just replace car drivers (I have made an old style helmet that I use in some of my mods) and make minimal physics adjustments (I think default grip levels may be different between rfactor and race07 as they are between gtr2 and race07)

If you're serious about converting, you might also be interested in looking at the add-on packs by TCL Revival. They tweaked the existing cars, added more cars, and added many more skins! https://tclrevivalteam.wordpress.com/

Plus they (Rot Teufel and philrob IIRC) can be reached on RaceDepartment to ask about permissions. They even uploaded their mods here:

TCL Revival DTM Early Years pack:
TCL Revival BTCC pack:
TCL Revival ATCC pack:
TCL Revival ETCC and JTCC pack:

Last edited:
At least I know how to convert the cars now.
No big challenges so far, just a lot of details including unpacking, resaving, renaming etc.

Someone who would like to try to contact the creator(s)?
I have got my hands full :roflmao:

I see a lot of things that could be updated, but I try to limit this (if permission is given) to a conversion as far as possible, and respect the original mod.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Cars from etcc 1986 and wtcc 1987 works now to some degree.
Still no drivers, no talent files (there are none :( as far as I can see), no light, no exhaus smoke, damage doesn't work as it should, etc.

Can only test cars using keyboard for the moment, but physics seems to work ok as it is.
Will add the usual ai physics tweaks obvoiusly if we get permission.

So, I did a little digging about who one might ask for permissions to convert TCL, and found something!

To see the list of credits for the original TCL mod, one place you can look is at this link here. I sadly can't find any information (here on RD or elsewhere) on Martin "RS Owner", who was the apparent leader of the TCL project. But I think I know who at least two other members of the original team are.

According to the TCL credits, OllieC did vehicle modelling. He has an RD account, and he has been seen on RaceDepartment within the last year. As evidence he is who he seems to be, see his chat with Richard Wilks in this thread for example.

There's also Alex V. He was also credited with vehicle modelling. After the main release, he worked on a TCL Portugal add-on, as you can see at this old RD post from 2012. Happily, he seems to be rather active on RaceDepartment - maybe he would be the best person to contact to start with?

Last edited:
Things left to do/fix:
working gauges
camera angles
lights
edit exhaust locations
don't think backfires work (?)
a few missing talent files
some icons and rover logos
exterior steering wheels
download and check sounds.

Fixes since last post:
Talent file remaking (rfactor ones doesn't work well in race07), replacing all nationalities australian -> australia etc. Many drivers had wrong nationality, probably default ones.
Added the tinytweak things to hdc files, including collision feelers
Edited tyres for race 07 ai, rain compounds are still needed.
Added race 07 exterior drivers with retro helmets.
Made inccar files for simplified editing.
Removed alpha channels from skins, using a refmap instead as usual.
Enabled rearview mirrors in cockpits, had to mirror mappings. Seems that rfactor renders rearview "mirrored" compared to race 07.
and more...

1663619385314.png

From my own fooling around with that mod, those sounds do improve some. But the old VL commodore gets left out, and the poor thing sounds like it's full throttle all the time. Glad to hear you have done new tire files some of the Rfactor tires in that mod tended to melt after a few laps.

From my own fooling around with that mod, those sounds do improve some. But the old VL commodore gets left out, and the poor thing sounds like it's full throttle all the time. Glad to hear you have done new tire files some of the Rfactor tires in that mod tended to melt after a few laps.
I didn't know that, I haven't been able to drive the cars much and not using the wheel for the moment. There are a lot of tire compounds, so maybe these should be limited to just a few?

Updates

I have a lot going on for the moment.

1. First I have been able to inject data to the game from the proxy d3d9.dll that is used. I am still very much a novice in C++, but I have found where the game stores the rotation used in the car display spinner, so now the car will not point straight forward (as a starting position).
This only matters if car rotation speed is 0 in the Ui as in the Super Touring menus obviously. Maybe I will set it to 0 in Race Remaster too, but the car can be rotated using the cursor.
First I wanted to hex edit a start value, but it wasn't possible without a lot of assembly reprogramming, and that is way beyond my skill.

1663946321795.png

2. As said before, max possible visible vehicles will be increased from 25 to 40.

3. Will also add just a few more country flags to the Ui.

4. Might also add native support for full course yellows (still experimental, have not been able to make safetycar move sadly). It is now done in companian2 addon. This would by no way make companian2 less useful, it is a must have for all the good thing it brings to the game :thumbsup:
Maybe I add in menus the possibility to activate reconnaissance lap before a race. This is not that useful, but could expand the game a little bit. I have also done tests activating endurence race in game, but the menus gets confused.

5. Touring Car Legends conversion. I have converted all cars 1985 - 1989 except "misc" and "Bathurst". These could be added later, and I also got a generous offer to add mainly Scandinavian series to this almost gigantic mod. The main problems now are things like car lights, gauges etc.
I have not been able to convert them yet, maybe I have to remake some of them to work in game... :unsure:

6. Much more, as always...

Last edited:
I didn't know that, I haven't been able to drive the cars much and not using the wheel for the moment. There are a lot of tire compounds, so maybe these should be limited to just a few?
I'm away from home at the moment, so I cannot look at the mod, but from memory, It looked to me like someone had provided a set of tire files to the mod, and as different people added cars, they used the available tire files without much thought. The Commodore, in particular, would overheat the rear tires, and Ai would begin crashing after a few laps.
Being a New Zealander, I was only really interested in Australian cars. The other car sets did appear to be more sorted, whereas the Aussie cars seemed to be a bit of a jumble sale, with the little Corrolla easily keeping up with the Commodore and the Brock M3 also too fast. It would be nice to sort this out because there is no other way to recreate the famous Bathurst races from the late 80s to the early 90s.
The Nissan Skyline, for example, should be very fast in a straight line but unreliable until 1991 when they finally got it sorted and won at Bathurst.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 248 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%