Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

I try to figure out the specs on these cars. I red somewhere that they had 130bhp 4 cyl 1.8 engines.
Does someone know more?

It seems some of the cars are still used now.
I just found this, it's supposedly one of the Ford Credit Fiesta Race cars. Seeing the specs, they used a 1.4 Zetec engine, with 95 hp.
PS: Sorry if there's any mistake, english it's not my first language.

I noticed it's rated as class B so that would account for the different specs
Yes, but I think that this could be still the specs for the Ford Credit Fiesta Challenge (before the Class B), because they used basically a stock car with the modifications required to race. And in this Fiesta generation, there was no 1.8 engine, only a 1.25, a 1.4 with 95 hp (like this one) and a 1.6 (the 1999 facelift Zetec-S). Pherhaps they splitted in Class A and B when the Zetec-S version appeared. Still, this is just a theory, as I couldn't find more info refering to the 1997 Ford Credit Fiesta Challenge.

I notice that in some cases it's referred to as the Zetec si and since Toca 2 covered the 98 season of BTCC then maybe the supports were the same.
Unfortunately I can no longer climb into my loft to get the disc and check.

I was able to install Toca2 finally. But not much info available. Car info page only contains BTCC cars, not support classes.

I don't think suspension setting is right, you generally don't have the same setting front and rear :unsure:

1658493891666.png

1658493940642.png

Last edited:
By the way, the game doesn't look as good now as it did back then :roflmao:

But there is actually some modding being made to the game:

1658494287070.png

I wish it was possible to replace 3d objects and adding higher resolution textures. But the physics is not that great now, so better stick to the 10 years younger Race07...

Last edited:
Do anyone else having problems starting the game?
Suddenly and unexpectaly the game only opens the config window and nothing more.
It is not the problem that some had when the settings were not saved, and it doesn't matter if I use remaster or standard game.

Maybe there is some graphics driver or windows 10 update that causes it? So it would be good to know if someone else has the problem too.
Demo versions and gtr2 game started after a few tries after opening config exes and saving new settings...

Do anyone else having problems starting the game?
Suddenly and unexpectaly the game only opens the config window and nothing more.
It is not the problem that some had when the settings were not saved, and it doesn't matter if I use remaster or standard game.
I don't have the issue now (although I haven't opened RACE 07 in a while, admittedly :unsure:) but have had it once or twice before. I recall that once, even a full re-install (including deleting the folders in Documents) didn't fix it. Very weird.

Another issue, in case you're wondering – many times recently, I've also had my RACE 07 installs unpredictably (and seemingly irreversibly) lose their in-cockpit MoTeC displays. And again, various suggested fixes online and even a full re-install do not fix the issue.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%