rF2 *Special Event* 1.2 Hrs of Daytona - Fri 28 Jan 2022 *January Trophy R4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If I read the weather forecast correctly there is a good chance for rain. Make sure you test night / rain conditions with a bigger grid, my hardware wasn't all too happy with that, even with low gfx settings.

Have gone from 100% chance of rain, down to 85% now. That's something.

Also remember that it's using local times, so Daytona Beach is UTC-5, so compared to local times, it's UK -5, Central Europe -6, Eastern Europe -7. So when you look at weather, remember to look at the right time :)

Welcome! :)
I'll put you in the Prototypes! :) Remember that only DPi is allowed for the Cadillac. No Hypercar :)

Yes sir! That will actually be my first rf2 race experience. I did Daytona 24 last weekend in iRacing, so could be fun to see how different cars will be from the P217.

Put on some practice laps in each Proto on the practice server to see which one would suit me best. Looking fun!

Any specific place to discuss/share setup? (Is that common here?)

Yes sir! That will actually be my first rf2 race experience. I did Daytona 24 last weekend in iRacing, so could be fun to see how different cars will be from the P217.

Put on some practice laps in each Proto on the practice server to see which one would suit me best. Looking fun!

Any specific place to discuss/share setup? (Is that common here?)

Oh! Nice! I was supposed to do it in an BMW GTE, but I've had issues with iR the last week, so had to skip it.

Use the race threads for talk and share things about setup (or share setups themselves) :) These club races, even when part of a "trophy" is meant to be a place where everyone can learn about car, racing, setup, racecraft etc.

Remember the rF2 thing - tyrepressure to minimum!

Thanks for the tips! I’ve gained .7 from the default setup (and 1 click ride height up)! I’ve managed to get around the same pace as I had in iRacing, so I guess that’s something.
Maybe worth practicing the rain though :D

Thanks for the tips! I’ve gained .7 from the default setup (and 1 click ride height up)! I’ve managed to get around the same pace as I had in iRacing, so I guess that’s something.

I would also guess some of that is down to the track. iRacing has it laserscanned. This is a free mod.

Maybe worth practicing the rain though :D

While the chance of rain has fallen significantly. At the moment it's supposed to rain the hour before the race starts. And as we use the auto-saved track conditions. If the track is soaked, it should actually stay wet over session changes as well.
Though, this isn't something we've been able to try out on the server yet :)

Just go soft, Daytona isnt all that hard on tires. Otherwise you just change at the stop, mediums and hards isnt really an option pace wise.
Note to the protos; the tires heat up on the bankings, if you dont have the setup dialled in, you'll never be able to cool them down.

Last edited:
I've been looking all over the place for this information!
Now next step is to see which tire will do the trick for the 120 minutes. But that is homework for tomorrow together with the new update!

Listen to Jan, he knows what he is talking about :)

Also, note that it is 1.2hours - 72 minutes. Not 120 minutes :) Which will make it much easier in regards to tyres! :)

EDIT: The new update... I am scared. We are running rF2 events on Thursday and Friday here. We need that update to go smooth for both server and client. :confused:

Last edited:
Listen to Jan, he knows what he is talking about :)

Also, note that it is 1.2hours - 72 minutes. Not 120 minutes :) Which will make it much easier in regards to tyres! :)
Late night comments. Brain pooping on the keyboard! :roflmao:

I was watching a pro Driver/Twitch streamer at Daytona yesterday and weather conditions were pretty interesting. As low as 0 degrees for the weekend! Really looking forward to both the sim race and the Daytona 24 weekend!

What would you advise to tweak to avoid that ?
I tried adjusting toe and camber but at least for the GTE that did not change anything really regarding that.
As Jan said, avoid overdriving. Maybe increase TC to avoid spinning the rears or sliding and brake a bit earlier to avoid locking up. If I'm correct tyres will suffer most if they go over 100 degrees so most important is try and keep them below that at all times (not always possible but generally the target). I'm using the simhub overlay but I think default rf2 also shows that.
Additinally at least for the GTE the time for switching tyres was 14 secs and refueling 50L (which is around the minimum to make it) was 20 secs so taking new tyres won't hurt anyway. Not sure how that is for the prototypes, though.

Last edited:
I'll probably try a long stint to see how they are doing. We were able to triple stint at least our tires in the 24hrs, but I'm not familiar with RF2 tire model. I guess, practice will tell the answer!

Thanks

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 242 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 195 27.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 134 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 58 8.2%
  • At a friends house