rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Sao Paulo - Fri 26Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Daiman Patel
Just a quick question regarding the track. What version are we using, as the download file says 1.03 version, while those from the Steam Workshop (there are three) are 1.42, or 1.40 or 1.10.
Do we need to download it and install separately for this race?
We are using a version of the track that was updated last year for the RDLMS, so I am surprised that there are so many issues... :cautious: However, thank you for reporting the problems. :thumbsup: I am more than happy to change the version of the track we use for this event, but this change needs to be made sooner rather than later. There are two other versions available in the Steam Workshop - v1.4 and v1.42 - which I shall try; however, I know that there have been some issues with using these tracks on dedicated servers, so I cannot guarantee that it will work. If I can get the server to start with an alternative version of Road America then I will make an announcement to specify the version we shall be using, and I will provide the necessary download links. :geek:

As for the third version of Road America to which you were referring (v1.10), this is actually Road Atlanta! :giggle:

IMPORTANT!

Due to the issues that have been raised regarding the version of the circuit being used, I have now switched to an alternative version of Road America that works with dedicated servers. The link to the track can be found in the opening post of this thread, and below:
Please let me know if there are any issues. Unfortunately both versions of the track that are available via the Steam Workshop do not work with dedicated servers, so if there are any problems with this version of the track as well then we will have to change the track for this week's event.

@Daiman Patel
Thank you for the quick response. I didn't mean to cause a trouble, but wanted to prevent any trouble for everyone on the race day.

I will check the new version of the track ASAP. (Which means very late tonight) I'll also select the car for the race then.

Just FYI, Last time we used that previous version of the track at RD, then with the Enduracers mod, drivers were receiving drive-thru penalties in the race for cutting the track, that were applied to them in the weirdest places, like the main straight for example. Yesterday I've experienced that multiple times in the testing, where my lap was invalidated before even getting to the first corner. Then I thought something was a miss with the Enduracers mod, but now it looks like the track itself is a more probable culprit.

@Daiman Patel
Thank you for the quick response. I didn't mean to cause a trouble, but wanted to prevent any trouble for everyone on the race day.

I will check the new version of the track ASAP. (Which means very late tonight) I'll also select the car for the race then.
Not a problem, and no trouble caused! It is better for you to have raised these issues now, than for us to discover the problems during the event on Friday. :thumbsup:

Hopefully the version of the track being used now will be better! :rolleyes: Graphically it might not look as good, but as long as it works and does not present the issues that you have raised then it will be fine. :whistling:

Just FYI, Last time we used that previous version of the track at RD, then with the Enduracers mod, drivers were receiving drive-thru penalties in the race for cutting the track, that were applied to them in the weirdest places, like the main straight for example. Yesterday I've experienced that multiple times in the testing, where my lap was invalidated before even getting to the first corner. Then I thought something was a miss with the Enduracers mod, but now it looks like the track itself is a more probable culprit.
Yup, I was aware of these issues from the last time that we used this track, and even then I was surprised that several of these problems occurred because we used the same car & track combination last year for the RDLMS and did not encounter any of these bugs. It's very strange... :O_o: Thankfully we have an alternative version of the track available as a backup, though I will not sing its praises yet because we cannot yet say for certain that this version of the track shall be good enough for this week's event. However, my fingers are crossed!

I had to go in and delete vehicle folders manually. Then it worked. But a new error occured which never happens in SRC and that is CTD's.
I'm glad that you can now see all of the cars in the list when you join the server.

Does the car and track combination work in single player mode?

Do you have logging enabled for both single and multiplayer modes? Adding "trace=2" to the command line parameters field in the Launcher may help you to determine the cause of the issue.

Which version of Windows are you running?

Does the same problem occur when you try to join another one of our servers, or any other server? And does the problem occur with any other car and track combination?

EDIT:
Looks like you have been able to join the server and load the track successfully!

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 62 63.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 20 20.6%
Back