Super Touring 98 Mod

2 pictures of the rFactor version:

rFactor 2010-12-08 14-55-56-78.jpgrFactor 2010-12-08 14-56-24-11.jpg

Many thanks again for this mod Andreas, the only gripes i have are the sounds for the volvo and ford, other than that it's a fantastic bit of work and has certainly pleased many many simracers!

A few of us ran this mod on-line last night for some fun testing (on some BTCC tracks too). It is really good on-line, works faultlessly, and all the cars are so closely matched it is lots of fun.

Most of the old TOCA tracks are available too. :love:

I'd like to meet up with you guys and give this mod a test online some time - for me, all it's been so far is hotlapping and testing the limits of the cars. Will you be doing some fun testing again soon? :tongue:

We also found that there are some significant (and almost scary!) differences in handling between the cars!

But yes, we had a blast. The 3 of us that were running last night, although 3 different levels of driving, and driving technique were all with .5 of a second. Awesome!

I've got some reports from an online event that the volvo and the ford are a little bit too slow (handling). I have made new physics files for them to test tomorrow.

I need some more opinions. Does the mod need an update?

I've started making some graphical updates ;)

Attachments

• supertouring98112.jpg
    supertouring98112.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 336
  • supertouring98113.jpg
    supertouring98113.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 368
To me, the Volvo felt like it could be quite fast, but on some tracks eg. Brands Hatch Indy, it was pretty easy for the tail to let go. It was certainly more tailey than the others. I found the Ford to be ok.

We ran a race with these last week and they were a blast! we had 18 drivers all fairly evenly matched and I agree that the cars are evenly matched for pace aswell except imo the Volvo and Ford which were very slightly off the pace.
Andreas has kindly made a small change to both cars and I feel this has helped especially with the Volvo which is now easier to do consistant laps in without fear of the back end letting go, we've another race on Mon night and I'm expecting the Volvo and Ford to be back on the pace but time will tell :) Tnx again to Andreas for this great mod

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%