Super Touring 98 Mod

I have yet another question :)
I've been trying to custom skin these cars with succes.
Only thing is i have to overwrite exicting cars to get my skins viewable , but only for my self.

How do i make Custom skins of it . With that i mean , how do i write a Ini File for this.
[[[Team ]]]
[[ Driver ]]
[Car name ]

so i need to know how the cars are identified [Peugeot 406 BTCC] ?

BTW, love this mod , did my second race event with it , and i really love the racing with these cars !

The mod doesn't support custom skins yet. I haven't even tried, because there were no need to;)
I've made some research now, so I know how to do it:

The cars are identified by their model in .inccar file. e.g. Model="Peugeot 406 Super Touring"

You also have to create an .ini file for the car (in the 'Peugeot Teams' folder):
body=PEUGEOT_406_BODY_D.dds
windows=PEUGEOT_406_WINDOWS_D.dds
interiorwindow=TOUR_WINDOWS_INTERIOR.dds
driver=DRIVER_ARMS.dds
ext_driver=DRIVER_BODY.dds
helmet=DRIVER_Helmet.dds

Then you have to add these files to the 'Peugeot Teams' folder. You can copy files from the 'Esso Ultron Team Peugeot' folder and erase the racenumber.
The addon skins files have to be saved exactly the right way, or the game will not load them. It will not load the files used for the standard cars if you place them in your custom skins folder.

The next version will support custom skins.

Wow this mod is amazing - the handling, the noise the fun is just unmatchable IMO. Best mod for the RACE series in terms of the happiness factor - it just brings a smile to your face, which is what simracing is about! I've only tried a few cars, but for me the Honda is the best fun, not necessarily the quickest. I also like the way each car behaves different and sounds different - great job mate - 10/10 :thumb:

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated :)

All my cars support custom skins now, and I have made some small changes:

New normals to the rear bumper of the Primera (there were some sharp edges)
Adjusted some normals of the Vectra
Fixed rear view mirrors of Rustad's car.

@veradapaul:
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the sound before.
Please check your folders. The .vaw files should be located in:
...race 07\Gamedata\Sounds\ALBTCC98

Is there some other details that need to be fixed?

Updates for V.1.6
I have made some changes to the brake bias of some cars now. The reason for the setting 70-30 is an article I've red, but it makes the s40 very hard to control in fast corners. There are also some smal changes to decrease the oversteering.

Congratulations, Andreas, on your 3rd place in this year's awards for best Race mod. Considering you've pulled it all together in such a short time it's a great achievement. I have version 1.5 downloaded and am planning to do some driving over the next couple of weeks.

Are you going to release some templates to make custom skinning easier?

If it wasnt for the fact i raced the T2L Camaros in the league i would have given this my vote happily,it brings back nice memories of a more simple uncomplicated time before things like the internet etc.,so much racing fun doing season after season in the TOCA series on my first gen PS :).
Thank you for this great work bringing this era back for us to enjoy with todays tech specs!.

Congratulations Andreas,
really nice work this Mod. It´s one of my favourite, a must have Mod for Race I think ;-)
Please keep on going like that, your improvements are great. Hope to see many of you for online racing with this mod, it´s very much fun :-D
One thing I have to say: The Sounds, hmm ok they are not bad, but I played ToCa 2 again right now and the sounds there were quite real I think. So my question: Is it possible to bring these sounds with this Mod? Of course it is great right now but with original Sound it would become the best Mod for Race07 :)
I take a look at the ToCa 2 Files, they seem to be useless for me, but maybe one of you could find a way to convert?
In the end I would say again thanks a lot for building this great Mod, if the sounds stay like they are right now then it´s also ok.

Looking forward to more improvements

Alex

@Bo:
I don't think there is any leagues yet, but some club events.

@Alex:
I don't know if there is a way to unpack the toca2 .bfp files, but I can't use sounds from other games, because it would make my mod 'illegale'.
The sound in the mod are edited sounds from the Chevrolet Lacetti.
Sound editing is very difficult, so this is the best I can do right now. But if I'll find a way to make better sounds, I will use them of course:)

Latest news:
1) I think the engine I used as a template were '94 spec (the same for the s40 and the 850 in Volvo the game?) so I have added som hp's for all cars (300hp@8500rpm)

2) I was still not happy with the physics of the Volvo, so I remade it. The balance of the car is better now.
There will be a physics patch later.

3) Ron123 will convert this mod to GTR2 :D

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 198 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%