Tracks Sveg, Sweden

comp layout is fine, it's just that the other layout seems pretty much the same, at least if it's not full of sponsor banners would be much better, no marshalls, a more casual look, sort of previous days to the competition.
I disagree. There is only one Sveg Raceway, and the only reason for the extra layout is stricter track limits and shifted white lines, as this was requested for online racing. I don't want to give and incentives or disinsentives to use one layout over the other except when it's league racing and you have to have the stricter track limits.

The competition layout was a request by I think RD to have stricter rules (curbs not considered valid driving surfaces) and white lines that exactly go around the driving surface. I could throw that one out actually, since I've never seen anyone use it for that purpose and it tends to confuse people ;)
Yep, that was me :ninja:
Sadly the RD ac club thinned out a lot and well, I'm no staff anymore and no one else cared for it so yep, I think you can kick that out :redface:
I still love this track! Awesome combination of turns and really sweet location :inlove:

Yep, that was me :ninja:
Sadly the RD ac club thinned out a lot and well, I'm no staff anymore and no one else cared for it so yep, I think you can kick that out :redface:
I still love this track! Awesome combination of turns and really sweet location :inlove:
It stayed in but I added a note on the download page explaining what the purpose is.

Changelog v1.1 (as far as I remember, I didn't keep track properly this time):
  • new grandstand
  • new pit wall
  • overhauled pit building
  • added podium (in race mode only)
  • added crew command booths and banners in the pit lane
  • new first bridge
  • new marshall outpost before first bridge
  • new tire walls
  • added large ad board monument near pit lane
  • added lots and lots of pits and paddock details (tents, trucks, cars, power sockets, fire extinguishers, etc.)
  • added tow trucks and ambulances around the track
  • new asphalt texture
  • overhauled grass textures and environment colorization
  • added grass and bushes in many places around the track
  • realistic water (by added shader)
  • overhauled placement of trees and tree-walls
  • added flag poles next to grandstand
  • implemented reverb zones (very mild effects)
  • increased grid spacing to 16m
  • improved environment texture in some places
  • improved ad board placement
  • added teardrop flags for ads
  • reintroducing RaceDepartment as an ad partner
  • improved lots of shader settings
  • massive performance optimization (polycounts, textures, LOD, DIP)
  • improved AI line
  • toned down artificial curb rumble
  • tweaked sun position and geo tags
  • new Sveg Raceway logo
  • lots and lots of minor fixes

Last edited:
sveg_11_01.jpg
sveg_11_02.jpg
sveg_11_03.jpg
sveg_11_04.jpg
sveg_11_05.jpg
sveg_11_06.jpg
sveg_11_07.jpg
sveg_11_08.jpg
sveg_11_09.jpg
sveg_11_10.jpg

BTW I'm really happy about the very positive reception and the excellent reviews here on RD. Please keep 'em coming, enjoy this track as much as possible and spread the word -- much appreciated, guys (and girls, if there are any)!

Hi Leon, one thing I've noticed which may/may not be of interest, if the 'Merge Meshes' CPU optimisation option is ticked in CM/shader patch, the left-hand main support arc of the bridge disappears. Not sure if you use these various optimisations or not (or even CM/shader patch) but thought it worth mentioning just in case.

upload_2019-1-10_19-38-34.png

Also, and please don't hate me, I think you've tamed the kerb rumble a little too much with the last update. Somewhere between the previous version and the current one might be a better sweet-spot maybe? Just my opinion of course, it's there to be ignored. :)

Hi Leon, one thing I've noticed which may/may not be of interest, if the 'Merge Meshes' CPU optimisation option is ticked in CM/shader patch, the left-hand main support arc of the bridge disappears. Not sure if you use these various optimisations or not (or even CM/shader patch) but thought it worth mentioning just in case.

View attachment 285511

Also, and please don't hate me, I think you've tamed the kerb rumble a little too much with the last update. Somewhere between the previous version and the current one might be a better sweet-spot maybe? Just my opinion of course, it's there to be ignored. :)

So far I havent played around with the optimizations, I might have a look at it at some point. Regarding the curb rumble, it's tough for me to find a good solution cause I've turned that off entirely or at least to very low values. So on my wheel it feels just fine. But since it isn't a deal breaker, I'm happy to collect opinions and give it a small update somewhere down the line.

So far I havent played around with the optimizations, I might have a look at it at some point. Regarding the curb rumble, it's tough for me to find a good solution cause I've turned that off entirely or at least to very low values. So on my wheel it feels just fine. But since it isn't a deal breaker, I'm happy to collect opinions and give it a small update somewhere down the line.
I'm happy to tweak an ini for my own purpose only if I knew which values to change?
Different wheels will have different effects, after all.

I'm happy to tweak an ini for my own purpose only if I knew which values to change?
Different wheels will have different effects, after all.

sure, select the surfaces.ini in the sveg/standard/data folder, and adjust VIBRATION_GAIN for KEY=KERB, KEY=PAVER and KEY=CPLATES

Mate like I said before you have knocked this track out of the park. The quality is fantastic and fully deserved of all the positivety coming your way. Thanks for adding enjoyment to our hobby.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%