Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Your bolt is moving more than the spring is compressing.

Some customers will want a higher level of isolation/dampening as they have rigs in apartments and vibrations into floors is a major issue. So a solution for this is also being worked on.

With respect, it needs to be made clear that copies being made to "look" like what has so far been shown are not the same.

Hmm, I dont think my bolt is moving more.

as solid as hard bolted installation
That wants some actual suspension geometry, not merely anisotropic isolating bushings.
For example, a seat bolted to trailing arms (AKA extrusions) pivoting near the pedals,
with elastomer-damped springs between those arms and the chassis
beneath or behind the seat.

Do you have similar close up video of isolators under compression from hard braking?

No videos are being shared at this time, this whole concept started from ideas I was implementing with my own build about a year ago. I've not done measurement tests but seen benefits to various other rubber-only solutions I had tried.

It appears, everyone is noticing improved tactile detail and energy when these are installed. We have some additional options that can tweak them more to help with dampening various frequencies. I am still sourcing some things too.

So far I have to say also the beta testers have fully respected that this is a shared concept they were invited to become part of. They have not ran off to try to spoil the efforts put into this. We want to be able to offer for sale a package that is very affordable and make it not worth the while/hassle for people to seek to want to do d.i.y copies. I understand some are impatient but the interest in these is increasing each week and encouraging.

Beta testers have tested with Simtag Pedals and Ultimates, I think any seat will have a certain amount of flex. It's not a major issue, based on feedback I have had both on static and on motion rigs.

@RCHeliguy will be the first in USA and to test with VR3
I have another 1-1 service client from Netherlands who will be soon testing a d.i.y solution with the springs via an SFX GS5 combo.

Simtag will also be helping to test solutions being worked on.
We hope to have some announcements soon.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have to say also the beta testers have fully respected that this is a shared concept they were invited to become part of. They have not ran off to try to spoil the efforts put into this. We want to be able to offer for sale a package that is very affordable and make it not worth the while/hassle for people to seek to want to do d.i.y copies. I understand some are impatient but the interest in these is increasing each week and encouraging.

I don't think anyone is trying to spoil your effort. If they were available I would have just bought them along with a package of profiles for tactile. Assuming you guys end up selling the tactile profiles outside of a package of hardware then I will purchase that.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 197115

I think there is DIY list of components floating around already for people to try. There were spring preloaded isolators before like Zoro and Mason, so the concept is not new, but they were all quite bulky in comparison.

EDIT: Actually there is also compact version from Vibro-SS

I think there is DIY list of components floating around already for people to try. There were spring preloaded isolators before like Zoro and Mason, so the concept is not new, but they were all quite bulky in comparison.

EDIT: Actually there is also compact version from Vibro-SS
The idea is not new, but Mr. Latte actually put in the time to try many combinations out to find out what actually worked well on a sim rig.

Great!

I can't wait to be able to get these isolators and print the parts on my rig!

Keep us posted ! (that makes the waiting less terrible....)

Please keep in mind that my mounts are designed for a specific foot plate height on my rig which is non-standard to say the least. I have 120mm tall profile stacked on top of my P1 frame for my inverted pedal deck and then I'm submerging the mounts into that to keep the foot plate where I had it.

My guiding philosophy.... Look there's a hole! I better stuff something in it ;)

front_6884.jpg

Last edited:
Just now looking more into your rig thread, very nice job and it seems like a steep improvement from where you were starting both in terms of quality and invest :D

Those rudder pedals look like they are coming directly out of a 747 :)

On the flight sim branch my rig only supports a Thrustmaster 16000 and TWCS, but I am not that much into flying.

Just now looking more into your rig thread, very nice job and it seems like a steep improvement from where you were starting both in terms of quality and invest :D

Those rudder pedals look like they are coming directly out of a 747 :)

On the flight sim branch my rig only supports a Thrustmaster 16000 and TWCS, but I am not that much into flying.

It's been over 2.5 years now that I've been working on it.

I spent a lot of time in Eve Valkyrie when I first started in VR and haven't logged much flight time since then, however the upcoming Apache AH64 coming from DCS has my attention and I've done some practicing with the Huey to work on my collective skills. So far I've by far spent more time in either space flight games or flying helicopters than I have flying planes.

• Deleted member 197115

What is the total height of the installed isolator assembly, two T100 isolators are already 2 inches, what is the typical height of precompressed sandwiched spring, 1/4 - 1/2 inch?

I realize this has likely been asked many times and while I've tried searching through and reading this thread, but it's hard to follow it.

I'm looking for a relatively simple setup that I can get up and running quickly while spending less than $500. I am thinking 2 bass shakers under my seat (right/left) and 1 under the pedal tray. I understand I need to isolate those areas from the rest of my rig and my plan is to use round rubber isolators with durometer ~50. For my seat, I would put the isolators between the seat's side brackets and the seat rails and for the pedals, I would create a simple frame for the pedals (and bass shaker to attach to) and put isolators between the frame and the existing pedal tray. Does that sound like a decent plan?

I've heard good things about the SMSL SA-98E 2 channel amps and the ADX Maximus but it seems the ADX Maximus is no longer for sale. What do people recommend in its place?

As for mounting the bass shakers under the seat, is mounting directly to my fiberglass seat generally recommended over mounting to something like the seat rails?

Thanks for your help

• Deleted member 197115

I realize this has likely been asked many times and while I've tried searching through and reading this thread, but it's hard to follow it.

I'm looking for a relatively simple setup that I can get up and running quickly while spending less than $500. I am thinking 2 bass shakers under my seat (right/left) and 1 under the pedal tray. I understand I need to isolate those areas from the rest of my rig and my plan is to use round rubber isolators with durometer ~50. For my seat, I would put the isolators between the seat's side brackets and the seat rails and for the pedals, I would create a simple frame for the pedals (and bass shaker to attach to) and put isolators between the frame and the existing pedal tray. Does that sound like a decent plan?

I've heard good things about the SMSL SA-98E 2 channel amps and the ADX Maximus but it seems the ADX Maximus is no longer for sale. What do people recommend in its place?

As for mounting the bass shakers under the seat, is mounting directly to my fiberglass seat generally recommended over mounting to something like the seat rails?

Thanks for your help
Aurasound Pro are pretty close and SMSL SA-98 can drive them without breaking a sweat with lots of headroom, I think I use like 30% of volume.

Today i added 4 exciters to the GS-5 mainly for engine RPM.:)

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance these small transducers offer.

Of course there was a reason why the holes in the panels were pre-cut by SimXperience. It's an ideal situation because the GS-5 panels can move quite freely and thus are easily shaken by the small Dayton pucks.

Right now the 4 small exciters easily outperform the buttkicker advance at the back of the seat. Still need to tune the stuff though.

Will still use the Advance for shift effect, since it give a much better (low end) kick.
Have gathered all the cables, amps and pucks now just need to install them. How did you route the cables and have you played with other effects beyond RPM.

Have gathered all the cables, amps and pucks now just need to install them. How did you route the cables and have you played with other effects beyond RPM.
I routed the cables on the inside of each panel because that where the panel movement is the smallest.

I have not played with other effects beyond RPM since i also have a BK advance on the back of the seat and an BK LFE under the GS-5.
Each transducer has it's own range of effects mapped to it.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%