Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 1449502

Hi guys for anyone in Australia. I have a couple of bass shakers the Clark Synthesis TST209 and a Earthquake MQB-1
Also a Earthquake amp XJ-300ST. Info for the amp here: http://www.earthquakesound.eu/pro-audio/amplifiers/xj-300st.aspx

Looking to sell as a package for $700AUD and will throw in 2 free ButtKicker amps BKA-130-C. All in good condition, just the rubber underneath the MQB-1 is worn, can take photos if anyone is interested. Thought I'd offer it to members here before I post it on Gumtree next week

SHAKERS:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Earthquake-Sound-MQB-1-Tactile-Transducer/dp/B006H3SV1E ($310AUD)
https://www.parts-express.com/Clark-Synthesis-TST209-Tactile-Transducer-300-861 ($239AUD shipped to AUS)

AMPS:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Earthquake-Sound-XJ-300ST-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B06X9PBGRY ($698AUD)
https://pagnianimports.com.au/products/buttkicker-bka-130-c-power-amplifier ($319AUD)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the consensus on TST model to use. I'm undecided between the 209 and 239. The higher model prices are a bit steep for me. What frequencies are we looking for from them?

What is the consensus on TST model to use. I'm undecided between the 209 and 239. The higher model prices are a bit steep for me. What frequencies are we looking for from them?
My take is get the most you can afford. I think the 329 is very good and the 429 may be a bit more than people need, although it gets a lot more oomph for the same power. I had a 209 and didn't feel like it did much. I gave it away. Sorry. The BK-CT is a relative bargain, but it requires more power to drive it well, which means more money into the amp.

Last edited:
My take is get the most you can afford. I think the 329 is very good and the 429 may be a bit more than people need, although it gets a lot more oomph for the same power. I had a 209 and didn't feel like it did much. I gave it away. Sorry. The BK-CT is a relative bargain, but it requires more power to drive it well, which means more money into the amp.
I have settled on pretty much recommended.

1 x Buttkicker LFE
1 x Behringer NX3000D

1 x TST (?)
1 x Behringer NX1000D

4 x DAEX32EP-4
1 x Behringer EPQ304
1 x t.racks DSP 4x4 mini

Just scratching my head about the TST model as there is the Buttkicker LFE to provide very low frequency. Unless the higher TST's offer something more than the lower low end Hz? I don't want to get something that ultimately is not fit for purpose, but I am also already feeling the spend as I have been sourcing parts to South Africa for my first proper rig / hardware + SFX100 all in one go.

Will start building in 2 weeks and want to dabble in tactile as well to offload the obvious effects.

The above is for the seat only, of course. Thinking of waiting on the peddles for now to let my bank account take a breather.

The BK snd TST are complementary.

The BK is solid very low to about 35Hz and the TST starts at about 45 and is strong to about 120 or so.

Even my TST-429 that they claim goes low doesn't actually get there, but it has lots of power at slightly higher frequencies.

Last edited:
The BK snd TST are complementary.

The BK is solid very low to about 35Hz and the TST starts at about 45 and is strong to about 120 or so.

Even my TST-429 that they claim goes low doesn't actually get there, but it has lots of power at slightly higher frequencies.
Ja, as I thought. The LFE takes care of the lows on its own. No need for the TST to go that low so the slightly lower lows of the higher model TST's are irrelevant. I guess what I need to figure out is which is the cheapest TST that give the required oomf at those >45Hz. Think I'm now between the 239 and 329.

@RCHeliguy You have your pedals inverted and only tactile on the heel plate, right? I think I'd go that route as well to avoid flex in the pedals when braking.

Have you tried without any pedal tactile? Is it too weird. I'm hoping for now that having tactile only in my seat won't be too bad. Considering that my seat will not be isolated at all at first.

[edit] Whoops. TST won't be driven by EPQ304. That's the NX1000D. Ignore..

Hmm. But EPQ304 only does 75W per channel.

Last edited:
Save yourself an amp. The NX3000D can run both the LFE and TST.
Jip, thanks. I'm more thinking of future additional TST and LFE. Get it now to save on shipping.
But I see now that I'd be getting the second LFE from the same place (Thomann) as the amp so could just as well leave the NX1000D for now as well.

Where do Europeans source these items from? shipping is generally cheaper for me. And I work in Netherlands so can maybe smuggle the small items back.. I'm looking at Thomann in Germany for Buttkicker and Behringer. Can't find other items in Europe.

Have you tried without any pedal tactile? Is it too weird. I'm hoping for now that having tactile only in my seat won't be too bad. Considering that my seat will not be isolated at all at first.

I had two Aura's under my foot pedal and it didn't feel in sync with the seat, so I got matching transducers so the effects would feel consistent between the front and back.

If the cost is a bit much, I'd recommend doing one well obviously starting with the seat, and then come back for the pedals later. Once you are used to having a consistent feel on both you will miss not having it, but starting out you may not miss it as much.

I had two Aura's under my foot pedal and it didn't feel in sync with the seat, so I got matching transducers so the effects would feel consistent between the front and back.

If the cost is a bit much, I'd recommend doing one well obviously starting with the seat, and then come back for the pedals later. Once you are used to having a consistent feel on both you will miss not having it, but starting out you may not miss it as much.
Thanks. You're probably right on that one. That's why I don't want to even try higher res/FOV VR yet... Still happy with my Rift CV1.

That's another thing I will have to face though. Motion compensation. I assume cameras on the rig will work with CV1 with no need for compensation, but tactile vibrations might throw a spanner in the works.

You say the Auras made things feel 'unbalanced'. You think TST239 on pedals, TST329 on seat will be the same weirdness? With extra LFE also on pedals of course.

Last edited:
Ja, as I thought. The LFE takes care of the lows on its own. No need for the TST to go that low so the slightly lower lows of the higher model TST's are irrelevant. I guess what I need to figure out is which is the cheapest TST that give the required oomf at those >45Hz. Think I'm now between the 239 and 329.
Just my two cents...

I have one LFE each under the seat and pedals, so the low-ends are covered.

I settled for the 329 under the seat and the 239 under the pedals as i thought this would be the sweet spot. I am pretty happy with that, the LFE delivers in the (5) 10-40Hz range (but not much higher), while both TSTs have enough power in the 40-180Hz range. There is some usable overlap in the 35-50 Hz range, but i am using this frequency split between the units at the moment.

I have not done comparisons to the other models obviously, but i do not think you need the extra power and probably lower bass response of the 429 (even moreso for the price difference) and judging from my initial impressions, the 239 is a little weaker than the 329, but PLENTY enough for the pedals without being noticeable different in the higher frequencies. I have to finish EQ'ing the pedal deck though - this will clearly show if there is any differences that cannot be EQ'ed out. I will most likely share the final results in my thread here Measure the tactile spectrum for tuning my shaker setup

I am driving those units nowhere near their limit, i would say 40% AT MOST, more likely lower, especially on the pedals.

Last edited:
Just my two cents...

I have one LFE each under the seat and pedals, so the low-ends are covered.

I settled for the 329 under the seat and the 239 under the pedals as i thought this would be the sweet spot. I am pretty happy with that, the LFE delivers in the (5) 10-40Hz range (but not much higher), while both TSTs have enough power in the 40-180Hz range. There is some usable overlap in the 35-50 Hz range, but i am using this frequency split between the units at the moment.

I have not done comparisons to the other models obviously, but i do not think you need the extra power and probably lower bass response of the 429 (even moreso for the price difference) and judging from my initial impressions, the 239 is a little weaker than the 329, but PLENTY enough for the pedals without being noticeable different in the higher frequencies. I have to finish EQ'ing the pedal deck though - this will clearly show if there is any differences that cannot be EQ'ed out. I will most likely share the final results in my thread here Measure the tactile spectrum for tuning my shaker setup

I am driving those units nowhere near their limit, i would say 40% AT MOST, more likely lower, especially on the pedals.
Thanks for the input. I will have a read and follow your progress as I'm also thinking the 239/329 split might be my answer together with a pair of LFE's.

And am I wrong in assuming that the exciters on the seat could possibly be used to mimic some corner forces?

I can not in a million years imagine needing VR motion compensation for tactile.

I run an NLRv3 and Valve Index with ZERO motion compensation. With a seat mover that just pivots, your neck works like a gimbal and pretty well takes care of keeping your head centered. It's a natural response. In the last 2.5 years I've never felt like my NLRv3 was causing me issues in VR.

I can not in a million years imagine needing VR motion compensation for tactile.

I run an NLRv3 and Valve Index with ZERO motion compensation. With a seat mover that just pivots, your neck works like a gimbal and pretty well takes care of keeping your head centered. It's a natural response. In the last 2.5 years I've never felt like my NLRv3 was causing me issues in VR.
Nope, VR motion compensation would be for the SFX100 I'll have together with the tactile.

But CV1 cameras on the rig negate the need for it.

However, tactile vibrations might cause trouble with the cameras on the rig so hence motion compensation required if I need to mount the cameras off the rig.

Thanks for the input. I will have a read and follow your progress as I'm also thinking the 239/329 split might be my answer together with a pair of LFE's.

And am I wrong in assuming that the exciters on the seat could possibly be used to mimic some corner forces?
I cannot comment on the exciters mounted to the back of the seat, but I would assume that those would be used for higher bass frequency highlights that can be easily located.

With two powerful units under seat and pedals you are anyway struggling for effect separation via frequency (front and rear is obviously fine with proper isolation, but no way between LFE and TST, left and right or the like without a more complex setup), so the concept of adding easily locatable exciters to other parts of the rig makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

The intention I had discovered with the exciters is that the user can apply them in different ways....
Here are examples I have found myself doing with effects creation and development.

1. For their own specific effects roles to reduce the number of effects operating on each unit.
2. Combine with BK/TST to deliver additional tactile sensations
3. Enhance BK/TST effects layers with additional (harmonically matched) frequencies
4. Improve stereo effects felt sensations with (potentially) multiple pairs of stereo units
5. Place a specific effects operation directly to the desired body region

Last edited:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 115 37.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 115 37.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 108 35.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 74 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 114 37.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 42 13.6%