Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
this config thing is mostly for kunos tracks, if he is making his own track he will be well aware of any issues
oh thanks, but is it recommended to use lower setting on the shaders on a new track like his?
I see some track using this settings works fine already
64nFiYY.png

Absolutely astonishing. Just did a 42 minute lap in a Ferrari 512S and loved every minute. It just keeps going! Can't wait till somebody's able to skin the villages, then it'll go from excellent to a masterpiece.

Amazing work! I think it's incredible that you should take on such a massive project as this.

I have never driven any versions of the Targa Florio before, in any sim, but decided to download and try your v0.0.6 this morning (mostly to try out a new car that @aphidgod is working on) and I think it is a really solid start. They way you have approached it, almost sketching out the layout and then adding the most significant features first works very well - it reminds me very much of the way I work on tracks. Already, in this early state, the track has atmosphere - it feels believable. I could imagine that once you are 20-30mins into a race/lap that you start to see past the missing details and become absorbed in the driving experience. It's going to be fascinating watching your progress :thumbsup:

After trying your track out, I watched a documentary about the Targa, and one line in it made me realise how different racing was back in the 1970s - "It's important to avoid the kerbs, and especially the gutters due to the nails left by the horses' hooves..." :O_o:

Please keep up your fantastic work. I hope you are enjoying making it as much as we are enjoying using it!

I have never driven any versions of the Targa Florio before, in any sim

Why doing this to yourself mate? :coffee:

After trying your track out, I watched a documentary about the Targa, and one line in it made me realise how different racing was back in the 1970s - "It's important to avoid the kerbs, and especially the gutters due to the nails left by the horses' hooves..."

"Last year? Ha! Last year I hit a local" (Vic Elford, 1972 :roflmao::roflmao:)
(great documentary this one, by the way, "Speed Merchants")

Last edited:
@Abulzz if you do facebook, please join the closed facebook group "Sport Prototipo" - currently someone shares A METRIC TON of vintage Targe Florio photographs in the group and the image quality and reference detail regarding backgrounds, people around the track, track objects is incredible. If those photographs are not usable for trackbuilding at the very least they are a FEAST for every motorsports fan who loves vintage GT racing.

The photograph above is from that facebook group but to my surprise every day now there is an even better, more exciting photograph from the 1964 Targa Florio.

Here is a direct link to the group (you have to join I believe).

Here are a couple more from the group:

65764906_905882896431293_8414171168604422144_n.jpg
65281284_904586559894260_4610769343557402624_n.jpg
65609287_903450546674528_2989933292607766528_n.jpg
65302521_904085829944333_6283956957036412928_n.jpg

todays photo on the Sport Prototipo group has some massive g-forces ;-) anyone knows the driver of the Ferrari Barchetta in '64 ?
Anyone can point out perhaps even the locations around the track?

65674448_906335809719335_6493964704438812672_n.jpg

I love the so very simply street lantern - just a metal sheet dish and probably a simple bulb will suffice ;-) times were simpler back then. It would be lovely to see these brought to life once the track details allow for it and we can even enjoy the atmosphere in the early and late hours of the day while avoiding donkey carts and parked vehicles on the sidewalks where there are any.

thanks guys, I really glad you enjoy this track as much as I do.
@Dirk Steffen thx for the link! be there right away
and that photo was most likely at the end part of Cerda. right when you are making a sharp turn to the right and up the hill. here's a photo at another angle take right during the event on 1973;
progress_04_04c.jpg

and in the current version :p:
progress_04_04d.jpg

the mountain at the background got clipped by the camera, so it oesn't appear lol

That is some serious detail you put into this track! It is going to be glorious and I am looking very much forward to online sessions with friends on this one, racing vintage Porsche race cars ;-)

Drives fine with 911 RSR 3.0. It needs a satellite texture to break up the monotone surroundings, aka same green everywhere. The rest are a crap on of small details to add that will take a lifetime.
So far so good, well, as can be in AC for huge tracks.

Sorry if this has already been said :

Is it sure that there will be a rF2 version ?

Many people I know are interested in this project for rF2.

Thanx

Love the track. But AC's physics fall short. It would be a great drive in rF2.

So you've now graduated from crackpot theories about weight transfer and other nonsense to full on troll? Dropping in here to crap all over what is maybe the most ambitious mod project in simracing history because you feel salty about AC.

If you prefer rF2, great. Go join their forums. Be their problem. But keep it to yourself over here in ours.

So you've now graduated from crackpot theories about weight transfer and other nonsense to full on troll? Dropping in here to crap all over what is maybe the most ambitious mod project in simracing history because you feel salty about AC.

If you prefer rF2, great. Go join their forums. Be their problem. But keep it to yourself over here in ours.

In the project it is stated that this circuit will be made for rF2 too.

Whoever troll is you, not him.

Amazing to see how fanboys can be tenacious.

Moreover, vegaguy is 100% right concerning physics.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 146 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.2%
Back