Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi all, impossible to ride on this circuit with assetto corsa, the circuit load with the cars and the image of the stands is 1 tenth of a second and I find myself on the initial page of the start button, I tried to lower the reso , to go in simple screen, to remove the vertical sync but nothing ny, if someone has an idea, thank you in advance.
Mod Edit: this is an English speaking forum please use this in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, impossible to ride on this circuit with assetto corsa, the circuit load with the cars and the image of the stands is 1 tenth of a second and I find myself on the initial page of the start button, I tried to lower the reso , to go in simple screen, to remove the vertical sync but nothing ny, if someone has an idea, thank you in advance.
Mod Edit: this is an English speaking forum please use this in future.
what mode are you trying to drive the track in? It has no AI line yet, so only Practice should work fine.

Looks promising @Abulzz . I will follow this project with interest :)
Hey Georg! long time no see. I'm still alive! lol

congrats!! you talk with me long time ago and you finally get here :) fantastic
i have to say build the Targa Florio for GPL was a fantastic experience, literally dream at night with track when build it, i hope you enjoy this, get ready for some "burn head" at some point, but dont give up, it is possible to build the Targa Florio :)
haha yeah, it's been 2 years since we discuss about this. and yes, I also having those dreams about the track :p. hope you enjoy this one too!

Is there onboard footage of a full lap from 1973 or that era? I'm curious to see how the track has changed. There are a few sections that are a bit different compared to current day and the old targa conversion, and I'm guessing it's because Abulzz knows something I don't and has good reference material. For example, turn 2 (left) feels tighter here, as does the last corner onto the long straight.

Also, what's up with the simtraxx version? It seems like they had a fully functional version a couple years ago but no news for a while now. I'd probably be willing to throw them 5 bucks for it but I'm not so interested in their other tracks, and the way they do business is... not clear.
the 2 turns you mentioned is actually few of many difference that I found compared to present day :D
unfortunately there are no full lap recording that I found. only short bits here and there. My main source regarding the track's layout came from an italian goverment website, they have full aerial photographs as far as the 80s, which is the closest thing I can get.
indeed, there are few difference, such as those 2 turns earlier, some S were straighten, sharp turns were smoothen, even cutting a part of a cliff.
oh and it turns out that the highway that crosses over above the road was actually under construction during the 73. I haven't put it in yet, but it definitely will be there :p

about the patreon thing, well.. I'll be honest, it took me few months of considering before decided to open it. I'm serious when I said that I originally wanted to keep it quiet until the track is finished or at least near completion.
But frankly speaking, it is the only way I can finish the track in reasonable time. It's not like i'm trying to become rich from it lol (although I don't mind if I do :p).
I'd like to avoid sacrificing quality just because I'm pressed for time. I've had enough of those from my real job as a 3D artist over the years :cautious:
But with or without support, I'm already committed anyway. and I believe sim racing will still be around for a long time, long enough until this track is finished :p

anyway, I want to post some pics about how the track progresses.
since the pre alpha release, I already started making the buildings and houses. so far, all the buildings and houses along the road to cerda is done, and I'm currently (re)building cerda :D
progress_04_01.jpg

progress_04_02.jpg

progress_04_04.jpg

progress_05_01.jpg

I'm starting from any pics I can find taken from 1973, then fill the blanks from pics from other years and lastly from street view.
they're all still in temporary textures for now. I will start making the textures later when the models are finished.

back to modeling, catch you guys later!

abulzz

Abulzz updated Targa Florio '73 pre alpha with a new update entry:

[update] Targa Florio '73 pre alpha

Change log v.0.0.2:
  • added temporary trees.
View attachment 291715
View attachment 291717

as this is the pre-alpha version, Everything is subject to change!
  • the track already have high res physical mesh with basic bumps. as an old public road, I made the bumps with the nordschleife as reference.
  • 7 layouts, including the full circuit, shorter parts split into 5 stages (useful for practice and testing), and full circuit reverse.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I drove one lap and wow this is insanely long! When I finally saw the sea it was such a relief. The landscape is already great, I can only imagine what it will look like with more details in. The road is narrow and treacherous. Awesome!

Hello, hello!

first of all, I apologize that I haven't been updating the status of this project often.
but I can tell you that this project is very much alive.and teh test build is being updated monthly.

the weekly progress can be seen in my page at https://www.patreon.com/abulzz
but from now on, I'm planning to share the weekly progress of this project on this forum too, as well as the pre-alpha build will also being updated monthly, although there will be a version difference to the latest test build for alpha testers.

currently on the latest test build, Cerda's 3D buildings are finished. well, mostly. still only temporary textures though. the texturing work will be done later as I determined the batch size.
houses along the way are already made, so the landscape is not as empty.
I'm currently working on buildings at collesano
progress_26_01.jpg

progress_28_02.jpg

there are not as many buildngs at collesano compared to creda, so I expect it should not take as long.

cheers!

Abulzz

wow the smaller layouts have ai_lane. it just misses the cameras.ini file, you could add a one camera at least so the game doesn't crash when you switch to F3 cameras.
I'll try to make a simple camera pack

Last edited:
you should get familiarized with sol 1.2.4 and config settings.
trees with latest csp + sol look like this now with the default shaders settings
mhU6NvN.jpg

not my words but from a chat on a discord channel with some guy:
"tracks need their shaders to be adjusted on an individual per material basis, you set material adjustments to lower ambient and diffuse"
you can adjust it on your original file or via track_config.ini file, which would work on either vanilla and CM+CSP+SOL ambient
I can call here for @Please Stop This if you need more help on that, he's the one to ask all the questions.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%