Team ORSM

Here is a list of what has and hasn't been done. Feel free to contribute if you have any liveries done. It would be much appreciated. Of approximately 23 cars we have about 6 or 7 cars complete or near completion.

#4 Shane Hunt - Not started
#5 Jason Heck - Not started
#6 David Wright - Not started
#7 Jim Policina - Complete (Michael Ford)
#8 Steve Briffa - Complete (Jumbuck Gaming)
#11 Michael Anderson - Not started
#12 John Vergotis - Not started
#13 Tyler Greenbury - Complete (Michael Ford)
#14 Jack Smith - Not started
#15 Emily Duggan - Not started
#16 Leigh Moran - Not started
#17 Troy Stapleton - Not started
#18 Matt Chadha - Not started
#21 Chris Delfsma - Not started
#25 Dean Kovacevich - Not started
#26 Bryce Fullwood - Half Complete, just needs number 26 on the front (Mick S livery)
#26 Garry Jacobson - Complete (Michael Ford)
#37 Anthony Loscialpo - Not started
#39 Chris Smerdon - Half Complete, as with Fullwood. Just needs number 39
#45 Taz Douglas - Not started
#66 Jack Sipp - Not started
#75 Brandon Strong - Not started
#88 Simon Emerzidis - WIP

Windows complete

VE windows

#7 Policina
#45 Douglas
#14 Smith
#15 Duggan
#26 Fullwood

#25 Kovacevich

#37 Loscialpo

FG

#26 Jacobson

BF

#13 Greenbury

So I've decided to expand the range of years I'm covering with these. At first, I was going to focus on the EB-EL, VP-VS era, but have decided to start covering the AU and VT-VX era too. I'll also start releasing them soon as individual skins rather than a complete mod. I just want to do pitboxes, maybe drivers suits as well before I start releasing them. Till then, here's a couple more teasers, including the first AU based design.
rFactor%202017-01-30%2020-57-27-69.png

rFactor%202017-01-30%2020-59-32-73.png

rFactor%202017-01-30%2020-58-29-34.png

rFactor%202017-01-30%2021-01-02-01.png

As this mod is pretty much a constant work in progress that I plan to add to for some time to come, I decided to release what I've done so far. I set them up to work alongside Doug's Custom Series although my naming and folder structure is a bit different, and his cars are more modernised (ie. later wheels, numbers on windows rather than doors). I've tried to make them as accurate as possible, although due to a lack of high resolution photos, there will be a few minor inaccuracies. I've still got garage signage and race suits to complete as well, but they will come at a later date. Any future additions, improvements will be added to this thread. Enjoy!
collage_of_skins_v051.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tu1018ck2adb6m2/RetroSeries_v0.5.1.rar

Here's the 2nd pack of cars to go with this mod. Hope you all enjoy!
collage_of_skins2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jlfsqeqz91cb1oj/RetroSeries_part2.rar

And here's the 3rd pack to go with it.
collage_of_skins3.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/318b8k7qdmaw91s/RetroSeries_part3.rar

Last edited:
love the series!!! but cant get the cars to show up in game?? where do i put them for them to work
I just realised I made a mistake when I set it up, and didn't set the folders up correctly. I've now reuploaded it, with it fixed up so just unzip the new archive (new link in the first post) straight to the rFactor folder. As an added bonus it also includes Seton's 2002 Ford Credit Falcon. If you have Doug's Custom Series mod, they will appear with it. Otherwise they will appear in the "V8Factor Unleashed All Seasons" mod.

That would have to be done on the FGX Emyr23. It would be easier for EA. I know when I first joined up here two years ago. I thought it was an easy process but working with people and doing my own skins for our online racing league I realise its not so simple to do it tidy. It is a good question though, I think a few people are working on the 2017 cars. Also good work on the retro pack EA, it looks awesome

It's probably easy to tell I'm a DJR fan! Emyr, I can do it on the RSM FGX. It shouldn't be too hard as it is a relatively simple design. It is a great looking car though!

mceci, you're right. Before I started skinning cars for rFactor, I had no experience doing this sort of thing at all. I'm sure people who work with photoshop for a living would know all sorts of shortcuts that I don't. Making the lines on different surfaces line up, making sure the colours look right, and getting the logo placement spot on can be very time consuming. The retro stuff is easier to do the base designs (as they're traditionally very simple) but the logos can be pretty tricky, as many of them are for businesses that have since changed logos or disappeared, and sometimes it can be very difficult to work out just what the logos are from the low resolution photos and video quality from the 1990s.

True, it should be on the FGX, but I'm not using RSM mod, I'm still sticking to ORSM. The cars look better in ORSM to me. That's why I asked about making it for the FG Falcon, although it wouldn't be perfect obviously.

True, it should be on the FGX, but I'm not using RSM mod, I'm still sticking to ORSM. The cars look better in ORSM to me. That's why I asked about making it for the FG Falcon, although it wouldn't be perfect obviously.

That's fair enough to have that opinion Emyr, but most skinners are using the RSM mod as it is a CoTF mod and the best and easiest to use. The templates are relatively easy to use and the quality of the cars are good too. Remember this was RSM's first mod and they have done a good job at it. Much better than others that are out there and it will get to ORSM's standard as the modders learn more information.

Personally I prefer the ORSM mod too but the RSM mod is still quite good. I prefer the ORSM models (just a shame they don't have the newer cars) and find them easier to skin as there aren't too many trouble areas where logos stretch and distort (the ORSM cars have the odd one but the RSM mod has a lot more). I could probably do it on both models to be honest.

Nah I get you. I do prefer to do the newer car on the current models. The RSM models are pretty good but not quite as accurate to the real cars as the ORSM cars are to the older spec cars. But still an FGX paint scheme will always look more accurate on an FGX, even if the models are slightly lower quality, hence while I still do the newer car in the RSM mod.

RSM did a good job, and since they are the only mod using the newer cars it's great to have this mod available. ORSM cars have a level a details that not many mods match though, which is why I keep using it personally. Anyway, looking forward to any skins made by you EA ;)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%