Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2020 10.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, a really small request. With dark background, I can't see the time. I think the digits are a grey, as in post 145.
Any chance of say white or yellow with the dark background please??
With dark background, the time should be in dark green. If not, please post a screenshot.

Time_dark.png

Cheers

Yes, it is in dark green and I can't read it with the position of my telemetry monitor above game monitor. It just appears as a green splodge on a black back ground. The yellow, red and blue words are perfectly clear.

1623605367280.png

Cracked it. Unzipped telemetry jar and read general-settings-colors.html.
AmendedFX-alt.css and changed dark green to white.
Brilliant.
1623782467352.png

Attachments

• 1623778602285.png
    1623778602285.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 77
Cracked it. Unzipped telemetry jar and read general-settings-colors.html.
AmendedFX-alt.css and changed dark green to white.
Brilliant.
View attachment 481739
You could also add the changed css settings to file named TelemetryFX.css and put it to the same directory as Telemetry.jar. No need to "knife" the .jar.

So the file contents to TelemetryFX.css to make the clock white would be
==================
.tool-bar .clock {
-fx-text-fill:white;
-fx-font-size: 16px;
}
==================

I can make the color selection an option in the map/ui color editor. Might make it easier to change. The dark green was chosen to have it visible, but not too visible.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool V10 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool V10

New version

With this version I updated the JRE to version 15. So if you are updating, you need to
- update the bin directory (there is also for Linux and Mac a custom JRE binary included)
- update the lib directory
- update the Telemetry.jar + the .bat and .sh files

Key new features
  • Added Statistics table, which will show much more driving statistics on per lap basis
  • Added Launcher, which you can use instead of the several per game .bat files. The runWin.bat (and runLinux.sh...

Read the rest of this update entry...

To get data from e.g. AMS2 to Thrustmaster SF1000, you do it like this.

1) Setup the wheel to use Wifi connection and enable UDP for F12020 (and F12019).

2) In the Telemetry tool, setup the UDP forward to be of "F1 2020 format" (like below the wheel is at 192.168.2.87 and listens to port 20777.
If you have slow Wifi connection, you might reduce the sending frequency to a lower value.

If the wheel is listening the correct port and you send data to the correct IP address, then as you drive, the SF1000 screen will get the data.

V106_Network_Settings.png

Cheers.

Can I use it in Linux aarch64 (arm64) using a aarch64 JRE?
I don't have access to such platform (mac or Linux), thus I cannot test if it works or not. I have tested the 10.6 on XUbuntu though, so I know the Tool works on Linux.

It should however work, if you can get a JRE, which has JavaFX included.

I included to the .zip a custom JREs (version 15, for x64 platforms), and if you can/want build a custom JRE for aarch64, I can provide you the list of needed libraries for the custom JRE.

Cheers,

I really enjoy the look of this tool, and I thinkI like what the program is capable of doing. I am having a hard time getting it to do that, though. I have pasted a number of screenshots with comments below--is there a single problem (or maybe a few problems) that I've made in the way I set this up to run? Or am I maybe misunderstanding a number of things that the program is/isn't capable of doing?

For context, my computer is receiving a bunch of files, but I can't make them display the way I suspect they're supposed to. I am broadcasting data from F12020 on my PS4 into Version 10.6; rate is set to 60Hz, I am using the recommended port and am outputting data in the 2020 format. I am running your program on Windows 10.

Apologies in advance for something that may be a simple single error (or series of errors on my part). I went through the ~10 pages of questions and answers on Race Department and didn't see these being tackled, which makes me think the issue is just with me.

When I am driving in Time Trial, I do get data (and I suspect most, if not all of it) on my "Driving" screen. However, when using the "Map" page the dot for my car does not move and is not on the "track". See below screenshots from a moment when I am still in TT mode at Spa:

1624708220478.png

1624708232849.png

Other tabs also do not show the information as I suspect it's supposed to. Shouldn't the below be showing my speed as a series of arcs instead of as a flat line? And shouldn't there be a blue reference lap shown (I'd done three laps already at this point, all of which were delivered as loadable laps on my laptop). The mini map doesn't show my location either:

1624708245608.png

Is this screen supposed to show data during a time trial?

1624708252815.png

It is a similar situation in the races--the program reads what track we're on and changes the map, but it doesn't show any movement on the map. This is from while I'm still in the race:

1624708267359.png

It does show some opponent data, but I don't think all of it's there:

1624708274151.png

During the race also, either the telemetry seems to be missing "speed" (lap 2/5):

1624708281441.png

Or seems to be missing all the basics (lap 3/5):

1624708294495.png

I took the below screenshots also during the race, but loading the race history file showed what appeared to be the same data. One thought I had was that flashbacks might be screwing with the data (for instance, maybe that's why it appears drivers did a different number of laps). But I couldn't find any indications that the program was incompatible with flashbacks, and that seems it must make that part of the program useless for 90% of the userbase (maybe that's a gross underestimation of the average user's skill).

1624708302104.png

On the other hand, here is a race file at race's end (5 laps) at Austria again. I have used no flashbacks during this race:

1624708503096.png

Regarding the race history files and laptime files, I seem to get two of them (generated a minute apart but otherwise indistinguishable to me) for every race...what did I do wrong here? And am I supposed to be able to see a real-time flow of the race when loading the race history file?

A last apology for some basic mistake(s) I probably made.

For context, my computer is receiving a bunch of files, but I can't make them display the way I suspect they're supposed to. I am broadcasting data from F12020 on my PS4 into Version 10.6; rate is set to 60Hz, I am using the recommended port and am outputting data in the 2020 format. I am running your program on Windows 10.

Regarding the race history files and laptime files, I seem to get two of them (generated a minute apart but otherwise indistinguishable to me) for every race...what did I do wrong here? And am I supposed to be able to see a real-time flow of the race when loading the race history file?

A last apology for some basic mistake(s) I probably made.
Hmm,

First, thank you for the report. To me it seems, that some of the packets coming from the game are not correct or come in odd format. The Tool detects the track, so the session data is coming through, but other packets are not (as the dot(s) are not moving and some of the data is flatline i.e. 0's).

Which version of F1 2020 on PS4 you have? Is it the latest or some earlier version. If it is earlier version, the reason for odd behavior is that the data format changed few times after the release (on consoles).

So ...

If you don't have the latest version, do the update and see if that fixes the issue.

If you have the latest version, this is what you can do to help me to dive into this.

Open the 'Settings' --> 'Base Settings'. Make sure the checkbox before the 'Debug feed enabled' is on and save the settings and then restart the Telemetry Tool. Now start the game and drive 1 lap and then send me the generated debug_data_FEED_F12020.csv file (created in the data directory). You can zip that file and put it to e.g. Google drive or some other place and just PM me the link.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Which version of F1 2020 on PS4 you have? Is it the latest or some earlier version. If it is earlier version, the reason for odd behavior is that the data format changed few times after the release (on consoles).

If you don't have the latest version, do the update and see if that fixes the issue.

If you have the latest version, this is what you can do to help me to dive into this.

Open the 'Settings' --> 'Base Settings'. Make sure the checkbox before the 'Debug feed enabled' is on and save the settings and then restart the Telemetry Tool. Now start the game and drive 1 lap and then send me the generated debug_data_FEED_F12020.csv file (created in the data directory). You can zip that file and put it to e.g. Google drive or some other place and just PM me the link.

Wow, that's a quick response! Thanks much :)

I have version 1.19 of F1 2020 (pretty sure that's the most recent one); reinstalled it just a week or so ago, so I suspect it's been that way since the reinstall, but I can't say that I was checking that carefully.

I did not have the "Debug feed enabled" box checked previously, I have added that now (I left the Error logging level to "Severe"). The link to the debug .zip file will be messaged to you momentarily.

Hi,

Hmm, PM got here, interesting.

Anyway, there is 10.7 in beta testing, it also supports F1 2021 Beta 3. If you want to give it a go, send me a PM.

Cheers

Last edited:
I plan to put out a version supporting F1 2021 pretty soon, most likely on Friday (and in best case on Thursday).

If anyone here would like to do quick testing on the upcoming version, please PM me.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

trying to use the F1 2021 button, it's loading the telemetry tool but not registering any data.
Is an update coming? I copied the settings from F1 2020 what is working perfectly fine, but now it's not...

Edit: so sorry, didn't read the above. I'll wait for the 10.7 update!

Last edited:
Hello. How do I sync the telemetry to my PS4 for F1 2020?
You have to run the Telemetry Tool on separate computer/laptop. And then you send data from the PS4 F1 2020 to the Telemetry Tool. You setup this from the game via 'Options' --> 'Telemetry Settings'. The IP address you put into the game's setting needs to be the computers/laptops IP address.

Cheers.

Hi man, you did such an amazing job on the last few softwares that makes us wonder if you are releasing some version compatible with F1 2021.
Anyway, congrats man... you have done a solid work on the project for many years.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 239 59.0%