The International Manufacturers Championship '67

I'm looking for more fun fair objects, especially some kind of carousel. Anyone got any tips on tracks?

Stuff like this...

Battersea-Fun-Fair.jpg

A lot of what is presented here as IMC '67's "new game" was created by (many) others. That needs to be acknoledged.

The game is based on a Power & Glory install (very little of it left though) for GTR2 but there's also lots of stuff originally made by others
Season's greetings everybody.

Chris, with respect, I think you've made your point. Sometimes people have different views and that's fine.

You surely know that the author has put a lot of time and effort into this. Can you not find it in your heart to make your point and leave it at that? I really don't think that the two of you will ever agree, so why not shake hands and agree to differ?

This is just my opinion, I'm not a moderator. I just hate to see a situation developing which could ultimately discourage somebody from their creative pursuits.

Just my 2c.

Peace

Last edited:
I made it very clear from the very beginning that a lot of the 3rd party content wasn't originally created by me. However, I've spent an extreme amount of time on modifying and improving that content over the years and there are still tons to do. Even the good stuff are surprisingly full of cluelessness, sloppiness, and oversights and has to be addressed. And don't get me going on the less good stuff. It actually makes me angry just to think about it.

Anyway, I'm less optimistic that there ever will be a release of the game now though. However, I will continue posting game updates in the thread as long as it's fun and appears meaningful, since the main reason I started the thread was to try and bring back interest for a more complete historical realism in future racing games and mods. From my first post: "Either way, this thread should be an interesting read for anyone into racing games and 1960's sports car endurance racing".

Well, from this thread I learned that a Fulvia prototype existed, and coincidentally the day after that I learned from another page about Lancias about a contemporary (compared to 1967) Flavia race car with a prototype boxer engine, so this thread is a good source and spark of knowledge too :D

Last edited:
@IMC '67 apologies for the dumb question, but I'm too curious not to ask: how far would you estimate you are into development?

Not a dumb question. In the first post of the thread from almost a year ago I mentioned that I had done maybe 50% of what I want to achieve. Today I would say I'm at something like 60% and that I at least will need to hit 80% until the game is finished enough for an eventual first release.

Hopefully also people will find my posts on how they can improve their own games useful.
Yeah the information there is definitely interesting and I think it's useful. However, you mention in the last post that for example the grip values might not be suitable for modern cars. Just wondering with that in mind do you have a range for the grip values then for those type of cars? And is there anything else specifically different (like differing values) that should be adjusted? Or do you think that those other values you posted will be fine for them?

I have no idea on what values to use for modern cars but I would just start with my recommended values and then adjust from there. Always make sure to temporary remove any AI talent .rcd files as those should be edited last after the general AI parameters are final.
  • If the AI drivers are too fast or slow overall, then adjust the QualRatio and RaceRatio values.
  • If they tend to go off track in corners or spin, then adjust the AIDryGrip and AIWetGrip values.
  • If a specific AI car model have trouble staying on track or spins, then adjust the front or rear AIGripMult values for that car model accordingly.
After the above is done:
  • If an individual AI driver is too fast or slow, then adjust the CorneringMult value in that AI's talent .rcd file.
Here are some starting points to try out:

QualRatio: (0.9800) Range: (0.9000)-(1.0500) (.aiw) RaceRatio: (0.9800) Range: (0.9000)-(1.0500) (.aiw) AIDryGrip: 0.98 Range: 0.90-1.05 (.gdb) AIWetGrip: 1.03 Range: 0.95-1.10 (.gdb) AISens: (0.90, 15000.0) (.tyr) These are the optimal values and needs to be changed for all compounds within a .tyr file in order to work. AIGripMult: 1.20 (front), 1.35 (rear) (.tyr)

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 250 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house