Cars The Need For Speed

Really looking forward to seeing the c4 zr1 come to life. As a c4 guy if you need any assistance in the research phase I would love to help!
knD2661.jpg
Nice! I'm sure @aphidgod will go nuts if you can get some measurements for him.

As far as reference goes, I could use some detailed pics of certain blind spots I usually come across when not being able to access the real car. Still ways to go though, will contact you when the time comes :cool:

I found pretty good drawings online, actually... much like the WRX scene, the Corvette guys have a track/autocross faction on the forums that does a lot of technical analysis. :thumbsup:

Test driver with RL experience is a huge asset, though, so if you own or have owned one, @Nice Glasses , let's talk. :)

I haven't taken the time to fix the lambos interior sound yet because I probably need to start over again and I've been rather busy lately. Frustrating breaking bug I also had once with the fulvia at the time breaking the pitch shifting. As I'm also doing some private paid work at the moment I'm not stopping Fonsecker or whomever to also make a sound of course if they want to.

This one would be a blast if you'd manage to finish it :)

1994, this is the one it came with the original game:
maxresdefault.jpg

aside from the jarring fact that the pic is a 1990 heres a more accurate idea of a '94
1994-chevrolet-corvette-5.jpg

things to note: they plumped up the rear bumper a tad, those are the factory wheels from '94, rectangular exhaust tips, fender vents/gills have 4 horizontal slits instead of the 2 vertical gills, they made the body molding a bit thicker than the 1990 version.

Another thing worth noting is the concave body work on the lower rear bumper and rocker panels which are distinctly unique to the zr-1. So watch out for that when looking for reference shots
CARS-07.JPG

Below is an example of a non zr-1. It has the same wheels, but the styling cues are much more rounded and less aggressive.
Cruisefest2007194.jpg

Quick little bit about the interior is something I always thought was kind of.. awkward about later model c4's was the asymmetrical seats as you can see here
231113.jpg

the bolstering is much thicker on the inward part of the seat than the outer side for whatever reason.
1996-chevrolet-corvette-c4-grand-sport-edition-interior.jpg

Last thing worth noting is the different door panels in 94-96 vs. every other year
fr7496.jpg

how it looks with the complete interior
177327_Interior_Web.JPG

If I think of more things specific to the 1994 model I'll be sure to give you guys a heads up. Until then hopefully this helps.

aside from the jarring fact that the pic is a 1990 heres a more accurate idea of a '94
1994-chevrolet-corvette-5.jpg

things to note: they plumped up the rear bumper a tad, those are the factory wheels from '94, rectangular exhaust tips, fender vents/gills have 4 horizontal slits instead of the 2 vertical gills, they made the body molding a bit thicker than the 1990 version.

Another thing worth noting is the concave body work on the lower rear bumper and rocker panels which are distinctly unique to the zr-1. So watch out for that when looking for reference shots
CARS-07.JPG

Below is an example of a non zr-1. It has the same wheels, but the styling cues are much more rounded and less aggressive.
Cruisefest2007194.jpg

Quick little bit about the interior is something I always thought was kind of.. awkward about later model c4's was the asymmetrical seats as you can see here
231113.jpg

the bolstering is much thicker on the inward part of the seat than the outer side for whatever reason.
1996-chevrolet-corvette-c4-grand-sport-edition-interior.jpg

Last thing worth noting is the different door panels in 94-96 vs. every other year
fr7496.jpg

how it looks with the complete interior
177327_Interior_Web.JPG

If I think of more things specific to the 1994 model I'll be sure to give you guys a heads up. Until then hopefully this helps.
Keep those puppies coming :D

Yes I believe they've used an earlier model, but I'll have to dig deeper into it. It's odd, since the rest of the cars are '93-'94 models.
I'll try to stay true to what was in the game, not sure if performance wise they changed a lot in the early nineties.

Last edited:
It was the same case with the NSX in TNFS -- they used a 1990 model for the showcase and a 1994-ish model for the game (visual differences were the wheels for example).

It is hard to tell whether they also used the 1994 ZR-1 ingame, but in showcase, it was certainly the 1990 model. The most notable visual difference is the nose, the 1990 used the older design.

I'm willing to bet that the budget was pretty small, and they couldn't afford to get too picky about which version they could arrange for a photo shoot.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 188 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 121 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 130 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 77 27.4%
Back