The W.I.P Thread

i Am just finishing the force india wheel , Then the mclaren is next , I have made the full sim display mod including the NM mask , I created a shaded NM Then inverted it and changed the shading on it then added the LEDS on top of the NM To create more depth , to make the leds module look like its a part of the wheel and not sunk back inside it was a little tricky to shade but worth the effort,
I have intentions of adding the SimDisplay mod as an optional mod to the full wheel collection I intend on creating,
Also I have made a LCD , LED , Osd mod now the Osd numbers look like they do on the SimDisplay witch looks like a real LCD Panel and I have added my LEDS Mod to the OSD As well once I have finished everything I will add it to the completed package. :thumbsup:
As you can see the Extra 3/4 Hours spent on the SimDisplay mod makes the wheel look nice;)
View attachment 47508
I have really no idea what you're saying, but it sounds nice :thumbsup:

I have really no idea what you're saying, but it sounds nice :thumbsup:
;)
PSD-animation.gif

I think your wheels are great so well done so far, looking forward for you to finish the set.
The sim display in my opinion needs the background of the digits to be darker as they are almost too hard to see and unreadable as they are, although only you know what they are like in game.

I think your wheels are great so well done so far, looking forward for you to finish the set.
The sim display in my opinion needs the background of the digits to be darker as they are almost too hard to see and unreadable as they are, although only you know what they are like in game.
In game they have to be black but I have looked at the original files and the "Realistic LED Display Module 1.1"
files and I can not see where the background layer is,
But thinking about it , it must be the Alpha channel ,
How I presume this far how it works the Numbers and letters go on the top layer in black and red.
And the display background layer goes on the Alpha channel layer in black and white,
But once saved in ui8x4 I think that the Alpha channel layer becomes embeded inside the file but once opened again the Alpha channel is just white ,
Upto now I think this is the only way that it works otherwise its a mystery.:thumbsup:

I have been messing around with the white layer opacity trying to get it perfect looked really clean in game I have yet to check the uploaded video at 720p but looked not as vibrant before upload , Before recording with V-Sync on I got 17,912 points benchmark on max settings:thumbsup:
Re,edit . It looks a lot better now uploaded I have the full PSD File so if you guys want more than the 3 Rgb Colours I will be creating leave your comments in this thread or the video:thumbsup:

Don't really like the coloured lights on the side of the display, but other than that yeah, it looks badass. The only thing other thing that doesn't really fit is the joke central dial, which is taken from here:
5qtgmW6.jpg

I'd make either the whole thing 'proper' or none of it. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, it's very unreal..
Take a look for a real one:
tumblr_mwwitw5f0b1qapwfro1_1280.jpg

Yeah, it's very unreal..
I Have spent over 10 hours adding my own structured files to my 2014 Ultimate realiZm Mod , Each int_ interior file as the int_PSSG int_3ds , int_PSD , And each PSSG Is raytraced and is about 150mb my mod when finished is looking about 3.5GB So when I release it on sunday night maybe , Change what ever you want:thumbsup:

Yeah, it's very unreal..
It will only take me 5 minutes to update the dial , When I release the mods if people would actually leave comments like this constructive one , I would have updated the dial ASAP , But no one leaves comments:(

Plus this title doesn't have the following as the previous two did. Bit of a wet fish in terms of modding capabilities.

Also if you keep telling everyone about all the hours/days you put into something, they might be a little reluctant to suggest changes.

Plus this title doesn't have the following as the previous two did. Bit of a wet fish in terms of modding capabilities.

Also if you keep telling everyone about all the hours/days you put into something, they might be a little reluctant to suggest changes.
Thats the first time I have mentioned anything about the time taken since the last time you mention it about 3 months ago , I was just explaining that I have taken due care and attention and structured the files with all 3DS And PSD Files , As I have had numerous people asking if they can use my buttons and parts of the wheels , So I thought just spending the extra time wisely and creating PSD Files ready for others in the community to to rework the files when and if they make any changes to the 2014 season.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%