The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

@AccAkut Yes, it is not my initiative. So I'm not controlling it. I'm surprised there are a few guys knowing the track. It is sad for me too that I will not be able to release it. At least I'd love to show an onboard video how much fun I have there with RX7 tuned. But my upload speed is even more disappointing than the fact that i'll not be releasing this track lol Maybe it will be released someday... IDK, it is not in my power. And it is completely scratch made, not a conversion. I wouldn't call it high quality yet, as it is only 3weeks of work, but the track is already nicer than Nemuno Ziedas. This means Nemuno Ziedas will get nicer guaranteed :)

Thank you @LilSki I'm amazed by results of intensity data, now I'm going to be 100 percent + confident about the accuracy:
ncA4Sru.jpg

Now : Render to file, and GO :)

Thanks @AccAkut :) It helps. I knew that function, actually found out about it not too long ago. But somehow didn't though to apply it here. It works really well. Pressing T selecting "Remove Doubles" and adjusting radius, works nicely, still have to do some merging to clean here and there, but work flow improved quite abit :)

But I can not spend much time on anything else, as I am working on this circuit, now it is a 3rd week. And I have to apologise for showing this, because it is not going to be released. It is temporary Palanga 1000km endurance race track, it is really nice for hotlaps
kD1JTlf.jpg

Can't wait to apply new things which i have learned to Nemuno Ziedas, and some day to Goodwood. Also I have to update the XJ13 :)

One more week to go with this Palanga track.
Oh...my...god...
Can't wait!

@AccAkut Yes, it is not my initiative. So I'm not controlling it. I'm surprised there are a few guys knowing the track. It is sad for me too that I will not be able to release it. At least I'd love to show an onboard video how much fun I have there with RX7 tuned. But my upload speed is even more disappointing than the fact that i'll not be releasing this track lol Maybe it will be released someday... IDK, it is not in my power. And it is completely scratch made, not a conversion. I wouldn't call it high quality yet, as it is only 3weeks of work, but the track is already nicer than Nemuno Ziedas. This means Nemuno Ziedas will get nicer guaranteed :)

Thank you @LilSki I'm amazed by results of intensity data, now I'm going to be 100 percent + confident about the accuracy:
ncA4Sru.jpg

Now : Render to file, and GO :)
Hi @mantasisg....Pleasantly surprised to hear that you'll be revisiting your Jaguar. It's impossible to not love the sleek lines of that car. I didn't know that you were a track builder too. :confused: You're very talented. :thumbsup: The track in your post. Would that happen to be Goodwood? I was running laps around Goodwood with my Porsche 962 C this morning and I just happened to think to myself, "This could be a phenomenal track if given the TLC it deserves..." :D The outline looks like Goodwood. Am I correct? :whistling:

@ALB123 Thank you, and yes it is Goodwood, based on LIDAR data :) I really wish to get it nicelly done some day, it is coming. Superb track for classics, and not only classics. has anyone driven at real Goodwood ? haha I need to figure out how bumpy it is

My father in law to be has driven the track in an AC Copra with Darren Manning as the second driver at the revival festival. Send me a test build when it's up and running and I'll get him to give his feed back.

@Tom Blackett Isn't this amazing ? Really happy about it, totally haven't expected to find anybody actually. But luck striked there. Thats great, I hope to send you the track soon. I've done low 1'26 with 427, I know some drivers does such time with 289, since then I've got surface smoother. Can't wait to send you test build. Gotta tweak some stuff, and maybe add some placeholder trees and placeholder objects for better sense of a track. Soon :)

@Fat-Alfie How do you even find about tracks like those, looks pretty good in the map, a bit like hald Nords + half of old SPA :) Maybe you'll get lucky, there are some 70years old people playing AC, I guess hehe I'll certainly will be playing AC if I'll reach that age lol, maybe even AC2 by that time lol

I found the circuit when I was looking on Google maps for real roads that might offer the same kind of thrills that Nords does. I was so excited as it looked like it might make quite a good track for AC, and then when I started researching the area and looking for topographic maps, I discovered that it used to be a real circuit!

1950-1954, mostly motorbikes, sidecars and Formula 3. 11.5km long, around 280m top to bottom, it has a 300kmh straight (with flat-out kinks!), hairpins, a drop section very much like Bilster Berg's Mausefalle... I love it! It's one of the few vintage circuits that I have tried to make that is huge fun driving cars like the 962C, as well as slower cars like the 718RS.

I know I have a few tracks on the go at the moment :)redface:), but this one should be pretty quick to make as it is mostly tree-lined roads, and a single small village.

@Fat-Alfie How do you even find about tracks like those, looks pretty good in the map, a bit like hald Nords + half of old SPA :) Maybe you'll get lucky, there are some 70years old people playing AC, I guess hehe I'll certainly will be playing AC if I'll reach that age lol, maybe even AC2 by that time lol
We are all so lucky that he (and Lilski) bring us these less popular/abandoned race tracks. 4 of my 10 favorite AC tracks are from these guys and I had only heard of one of those four tracks before they advertised their projects. Also, I drove a very, very early WIP track surface for Fat-Alfie about a year ago. If that surface is what's becoming Feldbergring we are all in for a treat. :D :D :D

CAEdevice has just posted this image of his 2017 contender, I'll be transferring it to AC in the coming months.

This is actually the Monaco/Nurburgring GP package, for AC we'll be getting the later spec model which has more traditional LMP1 style front arches and higher nosecone. I'll also be making some visual tweaks (wheels, surface transitions, interior etc) but this is pretty much it.

Big step up from the car 2 years ago imo :)

MP005A-009.jpg

Ok. So, has anyone driven the Feldbergring in Germany, 1950-1954, and could they tell me how bumpy that is? :D

View attachment 202058
Lol I actually drove through a Feldberg not even an hour ago, but I'm not sure it was the Feldberg your track is at. It was in Hessen, but very close to the Lower Saxony border, really small village, not even a minute to drive though (https://www.google.de/maps/search/feldbergring/@51.4031713,9.8617971,799m/data=!3m1!1e3)

Its probably a common name, many hills with fields ontop around here ;)

@garyjpaterson on first glance the main body and sidepods don't look that different. But the cockpit is different and may even have space for a driver now. What sort of engine do you want to put inside? Similar speed to the Kunos LMPs or artificial "future" stuff?

@garyjpaterson on first glance the main body and sidepods don't look that different. But the cockpit is different and may even have space for a driver now. What sort of engine do you want to put inside? Similar speed to the Kunos LMPs or artificial "future" stuff?

Nothing too fancy, the MVRC rules set the engine to 540hp @12,000 rpm with 144bhp KERS. No FWD hybrid stuff, its all through the rear. So power-wise its probably a bit slower than LMP1, but I prefer it from a driving standpoint as its a lot more straightforward and 'pure'.

The overall proportions are quite different, much more inline with actual prototype cars.

Oh I know! When I first started researching this track, each time I search Google Earth or Maps for "Feldberg" it took me to the one in Hessen every time! :mad:

My Feldberg is in the Taunus mountains. The village it passes through is actually Ober Reifenberg, and it doesn't seem much larger now than it was in the 1950s

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PwnxEFWF92ods-kGWJUrhjXZTmE&usp=sharing
Hah, I actually visited that Feldberg 7-8 years ago while I was living in Mainz. Couldn't tell there used to be a race track there though :/

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm asking here:
Some years back there was this guy called "Salamander Something" who created two Ferrari models,
the F2002 and the F2008. As you all know he have the F2002 for quite some time now, but what about the F2008?
Does anyone know if this car is being worked on for a future release, maybe by the same team which worked on the F2002?

Next question: What happened to the F300, MP4-13 and FR 3.5 2014 by Virtua simulazione?
We have several active and great modding groups out there (RSS, VRC, the F2002 crew etc etc.).
If I were Virtua simulazione I would give these 3 cars to one of these teams so that they can rework the cars (sounds, physics, tyres etc.) because these cars are way too good to be forgotten.
Back in the day these cars were the best open wheel mods out there and with proper updates they would be at the top again...
Sorry dude, been busy with other projects, F2008 on indefinite hold!:(

Oh I know! When I first started researching this track, each time I search Google Earth or Maps for "Feldberg" it took me to the one in Hessen every time! :mad:

My Feldberg is in the Taunus mountains. The village it passes through is actually Ober Reifenberg, and it doesn't seem much larger now than it was in the 1950s

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PwnxEFWF92ods-kGWJUrhjXZTmE&usp=sharing

That´s the problem, seems like the authorities are happy to get rid of the old road courses. Sometimes it seems they want to wipe out all the memories about them.

Same happens to the once well known hillclimb track "Klingenring"... everything is given to total decay.

The only chance i see for an already gone old track in Germany is the Nürburgring Südschleife. The Fan project "Pro Steilstrecke" is investigating the ruins and has a lot of datas like trackprofiles, laptimes and similar on their page.

http://www.pro-steilstrecke.de/suedschleife/nuerburgring_suedschleife.php

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%