The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Outstanding work man! :confused::confused::confused:
-----
Only making liveries here...:whistling:
View attachment 205102
Thankfully the livery was very, very basic, otherwise I'd have had to ask for your services!

A couple of in-motion, been a while since I've seen this thing move!

8N7JpiBh.jpg

H1uza5sh.jpg

rLU0Ajsh.jpg

Thanks, you're too kind. I'm not a pro, but it is slowly becoming a bigger part of my working life, and hope it continues to do so :)

I once, with the help of Youtube, modelled a cube in Blender. Took me 45 minutes and 231,501 expletives.

What you guys do is black magic as far as I am concerned.

I once, with the help of Youtube, modelled a cube in Blender. Took me 45 minutes and 231,501 expletives.

Blender starts with a cube... You sure you weren't just installing blender for 45 minutes?

Blender starts with a cube... You sure you weren't just installing blender for 45 minutes?

How dare you diminish me! Your tracks suck. Except the cameras, they are fan-****ing-tastic. :x3:

I had to replicate that cube. I needed Harry Potter AND Gandalf to stand a chance!

I'm about, hmm... 30% done of the first of 4 materials that need UV mapping. Anything dark red is this material stuff I haven't got to yet (mostly fasteners but also the oil sump) 1 of the others (all the chrome stuff) is on a ton of objects too, other 2 not so bad. Partly taking a while cause I'm doing the final "high-poly" pass on some of this stuff as I go.
dXilY18.jpg

It's about 123k tris, not an exact number cause Blender's counter includes some hidden objects. 24k engine, 45k frame (including what's effectively the interior - dashboard/wheel/etc.), 20k body (and stuff attached to body like mirrors), 35k wheels+brakes.
thats a damn low number for that quality :confused::confused: I'm at ~60k for the Lotus already and for now its basically outer skin, two wheels and a little bit of frame only

What immediatöy caught my eye on that pic was the exhaust header, it could use a little bevelling. Or is it meant to look a little angular?

I'm not really modeling it to be looked at straight down (more for onboard neighboring car, track cams etc.), I might tweak that a bit though.

PKSLhpq.jpg

Even with both in the screenshot it's not all that obvious what I did, but more pipe-joins instead of just having them intersect.

Last edited:
About modelling,time to fix some part on old manta:)

I searched the copies, the first manta file came from December 2005.
This is my first car model, was built on the monitor 1024x768 and athlon or sempron cpu :)
update. this mask probably late 2008 or early 2009
oldvs new.jpg

fix1a.jpg

Last edited:
Funny to see how you once started out. Not that bad either considering what you where working with back then. And the Manta is a cool car. A rally legend, a friend of mine is glad you brought it to AC. He used to drive a Opel Ascona 400 in rally's but the Manta is a favorite for him as well.

I'm right there with you. I won't say how long it took me to make the little house from those videos...
"alright, I think I got this 3D modeling thing". [looks at a few photos of a Taurus SHO, sets one in Blender for background image..... turns off computer, opens 750ml beer, binges 10 episodes of Adventure Time. Done.]

@garyjpaterson , your ass-weird collection of contraptions is coming along nicely. And hey, when you put the Focus between those 2, it might as well have been penned by Pininfarina. :p (can't wait)

So, after the great response (which I'm thankfull for!) I decided to spent some hours on the details and Jacques Villeneuve Helmet and a ingame- test. I'm really happy with the outcome.

To do for the release:
Jenson Button version (different mirrors and details)
Driver Suit
Team Suit
Team Details

USVOipX.jpg

5Y0aUvx.jpg

f0vtudn.jpg

l9oaXuw.jpg

When you try too hard to beat your bigger brother :roflmao:

LyN9ASjh.jpg

nq4FOeEh.jpg

npkjJheh.jpg

Pretty good match around somewhere like Modena, if you can be close enough into T1 you can pass in the twisty bits. Or fall over a kerb, like I did.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%