The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

the track workflow ive created allowed me to create this from scratch in 24 hours inc 7 hours sleep :), a thematic 20 km of british motorways.and this level of detail and variation is everywhere. quick change of art and we can have a new theme etc.. hope to show more soon.
Are you using that auto-generating-rallies tool with your own art assets?

Are you using that auto-generating-rallies tool with your own art assets?
no. just me myself and I. it was a weeks preparation for the assets creation. in 3dsmax but I did treat it like a procedural style application of the content I had created. (92 models/ only 19 used so far) 8 atlas materials. total polygon count. less than million for the whole scene (2 million tri`s)

Last edited:
Looks good Pixelchaser! Is the red'ish' grass color done on purpose? It looks a little better when it's more green, in my opinion ofc. :rolleyes:

N4ZxFpn.jpg

oBW3EZe.jpg

haha, most recent images were a quick and dirty shader change I was trying, little bit of red balancing. and that was making the brown shadows. those above have the same ,but different weather light, the brown is the shadow

Last edited:
all default. no mods except the track. well here is my test from tonight. I'm quite happy for 3 days build. now I can pull back the current detail into some bigger features and join the a class road(s) onto this beast. :), not even done mask or variation textures yet. but yeah with 3d foliage and grass coverage over 300 m from track side , not much texturing needed there tbh. the only annoying aspect on the fps counter is the physics late. I don't get this without streaming. jump to 8:00 for external views.

Last edited:
all default. no mods except the track. well here is my test from tonight. I'm quite happy for 3 days build. now I can pull back the current detail into some bigger features and join the a class road(s) onto this beast. :), not even done mask or variation textures yet. but yeah with 3d foliage and grass coverage over 300 m from track side , not much texturing needed there tbh. the only annoying aspect on the fps counter is the physics late. I don't get this without streaming. jump to 8:00 for external views.

I want to drive Hypercars (and possibly F1's) on this with traffic.

Preferably after a few beers. :whistling::whistling:

I heard IR was scanning a new version... is that true ? interesting. the last I did on it was some scale drawings for the buildings. maybe ill pick it up again. maybe not too. but whatever happens my apologies if I don't. I literally have better stuff to do now of which I hope to show shortly. I'm sticking to british things. :alien:
It'd be a shame if you abandoned it - a lot of people were following it with great interest.

Would look mind boggling that at night with those lights and maybe some trucks and stuff driving about and traffic :D:D

Are those single-quad trees, right close to the road side? Or a sparse tree wall? Most of the trees I see go from skinny > fat :unsure:

yeah its all just basic billboard style at present. needs revision. kinda threw it all together quick. all through the build I'm like keep it simple as possible when i shouldn't, i have 19 Y shaped trees that i havnt used it, so i may just just pop them in and not worry about performance etc

Did you have some downloads ? I am sure I saw some tracks and stuff and info for your tools seems to have gone :)

Ive not released anything ever. a few folks have some tests of mine. . for 2 years ive been learning this stuff / 3d modelling, texture artist for over a decade and a half. and its only the past couple of months I'm achieving what I want to achieve and getting to that place.. the place where I am getting what I want. and can deliver what "they" want.

Ive not released anything ever. a few folks have some tests of mine. . for 2 years ive been learning this stuff / 3d modelling, texture artist for over a decade and a half. and its only the past couple of months I'm achieving what I want to achieve and getting to that place.. the place where I am getting what I want. and can deliver what "they" want.
Yeah I know how you feel, I feel like I have almost peaked, I see 3D now like flies on ****, I make what I want when I want, its like butter :D

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%