The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

End of a busy day one after PP3. This livery is one of the most complicated I've ever painted. It's really hard to concentrate if you have to look at such a beauty permanetly :)
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_ks_monza66_22-12-116-2-14-33.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_ks_monza66_22-12-116-2-15-43.jpg

Is it just me feeling the placebo, or are all cars feeling subtley different since 1.11?

I ask because this thing feels just that bit more lively to me, slides feel a little more natural but also a little more tricky to catch big angles. Anyway, its still fun, and looking better everyday.

Got the suspension arms mapped, been messing with the metal_detail stuff too. Just about getting the hang of this texturing malarkey... :D

P0h7Ah3h.jpg

qgb8ijvh.jpg

MN8mkNGh.jpg

Looking great, but your carbon weave looks way too large in your top pic (sorry)

:roflmao:
That particular type or carbon weave is too large, but its just placeholder for the minute.

The floor will have a different weave, which will be equally large but should hopefully look better. A bit like this:
EDDqKgm.jpg

I'll use a flatter looking checkered pattern like you usually see on thin flat, large areas surfaces on F1 cars. Usually the body panels (engine cover) and floor/diffuser use this type of weave, more intricate and structural parts use the denser looking weave.

Right now its just using the same texture, just scaled up. Should look better soon.

(Alternatively, you can use Content Manager to export the correct wireframe).

Isn't that decrypting of your content?
Is it just me feeling the placebo, or are all cars feeling subtley different since 1.11?

I ask because this thing feels just that bit more lively to me, slides feel a little more natural but also a little more tricky to catch big angles. Anyway, its still fun, and looking better everyday.

Got the suspension arms mapped, been messing with the metal_detail stuff too. Just about getting the hang of this texturing malarkey... :D

P0h7Ah3h.jpg

qgb8ijvh.jpg

MN8mkNGh.jpg
Stefano wrote that something about the inertia calculation was changed, resulting in more abrupt changes in force. That's probably what you feel there (as always I had no chance yet to test PP3 myself)

• Deleted member 130869

I finished doing the old Porsche badge (all of it by hand blows), and have nearly finished the cars. I won't be able to get it done today because I must leave, so maybe early tomorrow. Trying to reduce the jaggies from the area beneath the headlights.

Showroom_ks_porsche_917_k_22-11-2016-8-26-27.jpg Showroom_ks_porsche_917_k_22-11-2016-8-26-29.jpg Showroom_ks_porsche_917_k_22-11-2016-8-26-22.jpg Showroom_ks_porsche_917_k_22-11-2016-8-26-20.jpg Showroom_ks_porsche_917_k_22-11-2016-8-26-25.jpg

Isn't that decrypting of your content?

Stefano wrote that something about the inertia calculation was changed, resulting in more abrupt changes in force. That's probably what you feel there (as always I had no chance yet to test PP3 myself)
Inertia calculations have not changed. Aris was heavily trusting a value in the dev apps (direct index) to adjust the inertia for cars (instead of getting real values/estimating based on car type/construction). That value was being calculated incorrectly (only in the app, it's not used by the physics at all), so since Aris was relying so heavily upon it, he's having to go back and change the inertia of any car he didn't have data for (presumably most, if not all of them).

There were also some changes to the core tire model (including the addition of a proper rolling radius - which isn't adjustable and therefore just as inaccurate as before - hopefully they address this, and slip ratio calculation changes).

The stripes are redone and 99% ready, number + numberplate are next and then some tweaking of the logos, mainly colors. Yellow tint to the headlights aswell.
917_23_02.jpg

Sadly the engine cover is not colorable properly and seperatly, so it will not be red.
And the config that ran Le Mans didn't have that rearwing in the middle.
lemans70.jpg

Is it just the post-processing that makes it look far too saturated? (or the age of the reference photo?)
This is with a 5° hue shift and -35% saturation just to the red...

It's a great skin though :)

desat.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back