The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The stripes are redone and 99% ready, number + numberplate are next and then some tweaking of the logos, mainly colors. Yellow tint to the headlights aswell.
View attachment 164601
Sadly the engine cover is not colorable properly and seperatly, so it will not be red.
And the config that ran Le Mans didn't have that rearwing in the middle.
View attachment 164602

Fix to the UV just above the front wheelarch coming up soon (already in beta), sorry for any extra work but still better than one month from now...

It affected our Salzburg liveries so it'll affect yours too. Just a small patch though right above the wheelarch.

I'm afraid no for the engine cover, the diffuse of the shader is very low.

3pFiD9Q.png

I have also collected a great recording of the engine and exhaust ...so it will sound as a proper M3 :sneaky:

Still some work to do on the front fender and other things here and there to tweak

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I finished doing the old Porsche badge (all of it by hand blows), and have nearly finished the cars. I won't be able to get it done today because I must leave, so maybe early tomorrow. Trying to reduce the jaggies from the area beneath the headlights.

View attachment 164575 View attachment 164576 View attachment 164577 View attachment 164578 View attachment 164579

Phew, released! http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-917k-gulf-oil-pack-4k.13141/

Ok, now to go back to 962C cars. Gonna make the #5 Brun from 88 to re-release the 88 Bruns as a pack, then update the banner on the 1988 factory Porsches, then possibly begin work on driver/crew suits to put together as a whole 962C package. And gotta get @Daniel Gomez to fix his BFGoodrich rating :roflmao:. THEN continue on to Jagermeister Bellof and the Leyton House. Then maybe I can play the game? :p

How fast? As quick as a GT3 RS :D
Did some runs to see how it fared against the big boys - 488 had to way too much power. Standard 911 was too slow.

Around a lap its actually very close to the GT3 RS, straight line speed especially seems very close, but under braking the wee Dallara takes it.
Less than half the weight mind you (around 40% :confused:), probably less than half the power too, plus less grippy tyres.

ZVNhKoJh.jpg

Yqqtg50h.jpg

Last edited:
Santa got a new 'old' sled for this years christmas! :cool:

917_23_03.jpg

917_23_04.jpg

The mapping on the front bonnet is a bit tricky, but i'm very pleased with the result. I will do a few final inspection laps and a lot more laps of honor! :devilish:
After that is done i will create the rest of the package like driver helmet and pit textures, preview, screens, ui info etc.
I think download should not be far ahead, its planned for tomorrow. :geek:

What happened with the C9? Was looking forward to that. Please tell me it's not another victim of the increasingly vocal, ungrateful minority. Definitely was a great idea for the mod (would love to see more variants of the original models - if anyone wants to make a 917lh, for example...)

Even if not released, thanks for the efforts and everything you put into it.

What happened with the C9? Was looking forward to that. Please tell me it's not another victim of the increasingly vocal, ungrateful minority. Definitely was a great idea for the mod (would love to see more variants of the original models - if anyone wants to make a 917lh, for example...)

Even if not released, thanks for the efforts and everything you put into it.
As it used decrypted Kunos physics as basis it was never going to fly. The support thread of it should still be in the mods section, and it has a very angry Stefano in it...

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 3 12.5%