The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Hopefully you can corner a tame physics guru to help with the mod. I would love to see a Mini race car in AC! I'm sure it would keep the other U2L 60's race cars on their toes at tighter circuits :D

Couldn't help myself - the devil kept telling me to make billboards for Long Beach! Quite a fun track to work on, but not as easy to find references for as I expected. Anyway, here are the first snaps of my pseudo-2019 update.
The gantries were a lot of fun to make! Plenty of placeholders for the rest while I chase down the proper fonts and/or graphics....
uhY6V4o.jpg

WXaMVPM.jpg

Couldn't help myself - the devil kept telling me to make billboards for Long Beach! Quite a fun track to work on, but not as easy to find references for as I expected. Anyway, here are the first snaps of my pseudo-2019 update.
The gantries were a lot of fun to make! Plenty of placeholders for the rest while I chase down the proper fonts and/or graphics....
uhY6V4o.jpg

WXaMVPM.jpg
I was getting really close to doing this but just with the 2008 branding since thats when this scan was made.

View attachment 313309

Tried to talk myself out of it. Failed. :roflmao:

Front relatively done, next comes matching to schematics and the usual. Still need to find some basic data values, but I think there's enough to make something better.
Rear is placeholder from my Yellowbird.

PS: Why does the susp app show incorrect toe but telemetry shows it right? AC pls.

You're rebuilding the E30 M3 susp? If so, good for you! When I first played AC I spent 100s of hours tweaking the setup to get it to behave remotely like in RL with a friend who also happens to be my mechanic. We probably have a combined 30 year experience with the E30 (all models) and got it to a point where it felt a bit like the real thing but somehow it always seemed to me like AC either did not model the rear axle correctly in terms of grip to sudden lift off due to the semi trailing arm or the geometry and spring/damper values are to blame (which were completely wrong).

If you're looking for beta testers let me know I'll be happy to give it a drive, also happy to share my setups which are mostly aimed at the GroupA as that is pretty close to a few tracktool E30 M3 Evo conversions we had experience with.

Either way, rock on and thanks for spending time on this!

Finally got all apps set up on the workstation including CM, FMOD and the Editor (whoohoo).

Before getting into the sound I'm bringing the CSi into game to iron out final details which will then translate to the 850i and B12. The updated Editor with the option to save materials is quite the blessing!

VlGEr9r.png

zLOugml.png

vFkOrAL.png

Getting back into the exporting and blender to editor to AC rythm takes some time, obviously I have many issues transparency among others :).

You're rebuilding the E30 M3 susp? If so, good for you! When I first played AC I spent 100s of hours tweaking the setup to get it to behave remotely like in RL with a friend who also happens to be my mechanic. We probably have a combined 30 year experience with the E30 (all models) and got it to a point where it felt a bit like the real thing but somehow it always seemed to me like AC either did not model the rear axle correctly in terms of grip to sudden lift off due to the semi trailing arm or the geometry and spring/damper values are to blame (which were completely wrong).

If you're looking for beta testers let me know I'll be happy to give it a drive, also happy to share my setups which are mostly aimed at the GroupA as that is pretty close to a few tracktool E30 M3 Evo conversions we had experience with.

Either way, rock on and thanks for spending time on this!
Sweet, yeah I'm redoing the whole car eventually.

I'll probably just release an early version with just my susp, inertia, tires etc. Try it out and holler. Got a lot of data so it will get as close as my understanding gets. Same method for rear as the Porsche 964 and Ruf Yellowbird which are both quite well done IMO. At least, curves line up very reasonably in a +-50mm range. After about 50mm droop every trailing arm I've made has too much negative camber: but when do you get into 50mm droop? ;) And quite close in compression.

Here is some data from an older build. Right now redoing cus I found a schematic from above, showing the placements orthographically. I was almost bang-on.

Camber

172, 405 = -0.275, -0.69
147, 380 = -1.15, -1.30
122, 355 = -2.0, -1.99 REF
97, 330 = -2.875, -2.82
72, 306 = -3.725, -3.72

Toe

172, 405 = 0.31, 0.30
147, 380 = 0.24, 0.26
122, 355 = 0.23, 0.23
97, 330 = 0.26, 0.26
72, 306 = 0.36, 0.37

Also roll center height, (Maybe travel to some extent) and longitudinal IC position are (more) correct while also having these curves. I bet I can get the curves almost 100% but it will ruin the other dynamics, so this is our compromise.

I suspect the KS suspensions have a way different camber curve from IRL especially in droop.

EDIT:

Matched closer to a schematic. As close as I care to go, it ain't getting better. RC and all is intact.

Camber

229, 501 = -0.275, -0.61
204, 476 = -1.15, -1.24
179, 451 = -2.0, -1.99 REF
154, 426 = -2.875, -2.83
129, 402 = -3.725, -3.79

Toe

229, 501 = 0.31, 0.31
204, 476 = 0.24, 0.26
179, 451 = 0.23, 0.23
154, 426 = 0.26, 0.25
129, 402 = 0.36, 0.36

Last edited:
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg

Falco peregrinus,
One of many resident of California.
The peregrine falcon lives mostly along mountain ranges, river valleys, coastlines, and increasingly in cities.
Please drive accordingly not to scare them with your revving supercars!

Hmm... very similar to the Pernis apivorus, resident of the Hohnstein area of Germany :D

zBmtzEN.jpg

(I like your style, Ben :laugh:)

Aha nice
no Pernis around here!
we gonna have a contest soon... "spot the beast in the screenshot" !
leonardo, meanwhile people are leaving for ACC, we're trying to attract a new crowd to AC, the birds enthusiasts...

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 290 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 155 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 22 2.6%