The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I feel ya. Modeling wire wheels really demands the brain to do some twisted 3 dimensional thinking. :roflmao:

zDpB6bU.png

Found some time to have a go at the wire wheels. First attempt currently sitting at 15k tris a wheel so they could probably use a bit more optimization but I like them so far.
5rHRWXn.png

• Deleted member 223075

Added more details
3xje.jpg

Need some things :
- can't find proper snake picture on hood (cartoon or similar)
- front turtle picture (cartoon or similar)
- rear arboreal frog (cartoon or similar)
- rear glass texture from the VRC car (3dsimed crash each time try to import so i can recover
textures)
Picutres of the car : https://www.google.fr/search?q=audi...h6XjAhUiyoUKHcMsDOgQ_AUIECgB&biw=1920&bih=938

Any help will be good. Thanks

@Mahad

I don't know how well you can make digital art, probably if you would be able to you'd have thought of it before, but chances are those are custom designed for the car. So you, or someone else will have to make the image. I'll be damned if you find the exact one somewhere. :O

I'm sorry Mahad, I actually thought that you are responsible for this design, but it looksl ike it is actually not your fault.

Also it seems insanely difficult one to replicate, good luck.

Added more details
3xje.jpg

Need some things :
- can't find proper snake picture on hood (cartoon or similar)
- front turtle picture (cartoon or similar)
- rear arboreal frog (cartoon or similar)
- rear glass texture from the VRC car (3dsimed crash each time try to import so i can recover
textures)
Picutres of the car : https://www.google.fr/search?q=audi...h6XjAhUiyoUKHcMsDOgQ_AUIECgB&biw=1920&bih=938

Any help will be good. Thanks
If you're stuck, you can save the day by getting your hands on a scale model decal sheet, scan it in high res, paint over it and adapt the painting to the template.It will cost you only the shipping fees as you can resell the decal sheet afterwards.
Use Illustrator. Photoshop is not adapted to that kind of work. Among other things, Ai enables you to duplicate objects and tweak them easily and as many times as necessary. The original art was made in Ai or equivalent and object duplication is obvious for pebbles, fern leaves and probably other designs.

• Deleted member 223075

If you're stuck, you can save the day by getting your hands on a scale model decal sheet, scan it in high res, paint over it and adapt the painting to the template.It will cost you only the shipping fees as you can resell the decal sheet afterwards.
Use Illustrator. Photoshop is not adapted to that kind of work. Among other things, Ai enables you to duplicate objects and tweak them easily and as many times as necessary. The original art was made in Ai or equivalent and object duplication is obvious for pebbles, fern leaves and probably other designs.

I have a little trouble finding the pictures that match but nobody seems to have any idea ....

I also asked if someone could extract the texture of the windows of the taillights and send it to me but nothing either ...

Had to get it ingame just to have it sat next to thr merc - no textures yet but cool to see them together.

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Currently working in the radiator and various gubbins under the ‘front bonnet’, so i can move onto the interior shell after that. Still need to make the water pipe that runs partially outside the car which is asymmetrical, so I’ll leave that as late as i can.

Nice ! Missed this post completely. Looks like you have your model advanced very far, even if it is barely textured yet, I think it is safe to assume that if you have susp animations and better driver animation, you already past the W125.

Some comments, i never realized before that Autounion was so much larger by its front end, larger wheels, more frontal area, higher. Interesting.

Your tires looks a million times better. mine is maybe just a few tones too blue, and tread detail looks really blurred, while yours tire tread looks amazingly sharp, is it some master level texture, or have you actually used geometry for the tread ? By the way my car should have different treads at front and rear, but it doesn't :D

Wow you are fast, last time I saw you only had the body, and now you pretty much have whole exterior, and it looks awesome.

Yes! Lol, i thought i was slow as hell. i worked some hours a day. I'm not so satisfied, but i promised to myself not to touch body anymore, at least before version 1.0

Yes! Lol, i thought i was slow as hell. i worked some hours a day. I'm not so satisfied, but i promised to myself not to touch body anymore, at least before version 1.0
If you're really making it scratch and properly, then it will be nice to have the car in AC later.

Last I saw the physics were a bit of a joke. Anyone up to doing them? I don't know **** about those cars and I'm a bit busy so sadly I cannot.

wait man, u tried 2nd version?! phisics were awesome! we are mini owners, and some other mini guys tried that and they said was almost like driving real one. I mean, real suspension travel and camber change ( back simulated, no trailing arm in this game ) real engine data, real aero lift, real COG, i can send u if wanna try and see.

• Deleted member 223075

So i can't open vrc auriel 8 in 3dsimed, it crash each time, so if someone is able extract rear light glass textures ?

wait man, u tried 2nd version?! phisics were awesome! we are mini owners, and some other mini guys tried that and they said was almost like driving real one. I mean, real suspension travel and camber change ( back simulated, no trailing arm in this game ) real engine data, real aero lift, real COG, i can send u if wanna try and see.
No, I didn't. I can be incorrect then, sorry. Good you seem to have it under control.

Bear in mind you must offset the arm assembly lower to also correct the roll center. Correct the instant center with upper arms (Depending on the arm design). I've mostly made three-link semi-trailing arms, quite a few good ones, you can find them in my CTR-1 and E30 publicly + some private cars, and a few fixed two point FWD style trailing arms, so I do know how you have to do them in AC. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 318 35.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 351 38.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 335 36.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 217 23.9%
  • Toyota

Votes: 332 36.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 114 12.6%