The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

No, I didn't. I can be incorrect then, sorry. Good you seem to have it under control.

Bear in mind you must offset the arm assembly lower to also correct the roll center. Correct the instant center with upper arms (Depending on the arm design). I've mostly made three-link semi-trailing arms, quite a few good ones, you can find them in my CTR-1 and E30 publicly + some private cars, and a few fixed two point FWD style trailing arms, so I do know how you have to do them in AC. :thumbsup:

Nice, curious to see in action! ( those two point ones, like mini's ) there is some online? I did crazy things to simulate it, at least a bit, to not change camber at all. Front is similar to reality, DWB classic. Still, if u want to give a fast look i can send u a link! thanks

• Deleted member 223075

Almost finished, need to correct some things and done
yvp8.jpg

Nice ! Missed this post completely. Looks like you have your model advanced very far, even if it is barely textured yet, I think it is safe to assume that if you have susp animations and better driver animation, you already past the W125.

Some comments, i never realized before that Autounion was so much larger by its front end, larger wheels, more frontal area, higher. Interesting.

Your tires looks a million times better. mine is maybe just a few tones too blue, and tread detail looks really blurred, while yours tire tread looks amazingly sharp, is it some master level texture, or have you actually used geometry for the tread ? By the way my car should have different treads at front and rear, but it doesn't :D
Yeah i modelled and animated the suspension a long time ago, those are working well. Then i had to pause for a while for some other projects, now im back and hoping to get the rest done.

Tyres are textures not mesh, I might still tweak them yet, and may end up using higher res ones than i am right now depending on the size of the rest of the cars textures.
I went for the current modern tyres these cars run for shows etc, instead of the ‘correct’ tread patterns they would’ve had back in the day - mostly just due to having better photo reference for the new ones. The old ones had that ‘tetris’ tread pattern very close to yours.

Interior model making nice progress now, I’ll save everyone any more horrible photos of my screen lol and probably open a thread with proper screens in a few days time when i get proper internet access back...

Nice, curious to see in action! ( those two point ones, like mini's ) there is some online? I did crazy things to simulate it, at least a bit, to not change camber at all. Front is similar to reality, DWB classic. Still, if u want to give a fast look i can send u a link! thanks
Nope, none online yet.

All you really need is very long UCA and correct LCA geom. Then offset it on the Y, and use UCA Z to control IC placement longitudinally.

@garyjpaterson Yeah, I understand, and I am surprised that you are actually going for it again so soon, having in mind how many projects you have, you must be quite interested in it, which makes sense because it is hell of a legend, and there will be no other car like it, even W125 because those cars have entirely different layout. I am interested about how you will sort out grip. I think we with W125 initially have too much sliding car, but the pace seemed correct, so there were obviously something entirely different about how grip was composed (ps your advice about unloading tire problem was really good). I remember I had baronesbc (for those who don't know - a really fast guy), he pretty much matched Carraciolas laptime in the Monaco 1966 (there was no way we could avoid that track in testing even though it is ripped content).

I see why you chose that thread pattern, it does look good, by the way, so good I would not feel great about changing them now. That original old pattern is really weird, and it was used only for rear tires I think, I guess that pattern was all about durability. I have made all the texture by hand for that tire, and it is a bit messy I think, if you would ever need it, and find way to make it better, you can use it... but I guess it would be better to do it from scratch, I don't know, I don't even remember it exactly to be honest :D

autoc11.jpg

I would gladly be tester for that car, if you would ever need one.

@Pessio I am also very interested in Mini, if you need tester... don't have much knowledge about it, but perhaps still could help. There has to be a proper classic mini in simracing for once.... lol

For these cars, I'd launch AC again.

Is that the version that does a wheelie when you put it in reverse or was that the previous iteration?

Are you like spending 24/7 on it? That is a lot of progress, even UV mapped already..

Don't try passing of that other model as yours again ;)

Like 8 hours/day. Uv mapping took only 5 minutes, some seams, and uv unwrap from view, trying to match my previous skins ( without success )
But, those messages really made me sad guys. I mean, i started from scratch, investing so much time, posting updates, only to see people suspecting nasty things? Jeez. What i would gain using ripped content again? There is a way to be accepted without suspects?

Still WIP, (obviously) but I should be able to get this out very soon. I was able to meet the driver at the Canadian GP and Watkins Glen and talk about sim racing for a good while, so I figured that I'd make a skin of his car since I had full access to the car for perfect photo reference.
XERdZ7v.jpg

vDHc6DB.jpg
Damn... shots look next gen!

Dont forget to change the rubber to advan yokohamas

19_por_usa_53_moorespeed_plat.png

Like 8 hours/day. Uv mapping took only 5 minutes, some seams, and uv unwrap from view, trying to match my previous skins ( without success )
But, those messages really made me sad guys. I mean, i started from scratch, investing so much time, posting updates, only to see people suspecting nasty things? Jeez. What i would gain using ripped content again? There is a way to be accepted without suspects?
Show a picture of the wireframe so people can compare to the ripped models and I'm sure they will stop complaining :thumbsup:

Its nothing against you, we just had our fair share of people trying to pass off someone elses work as their own over the years. 8 hours a day is a lot, guess you've got holidays/semester break going on right now?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 291 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 235 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 155 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 22 2.6%