The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Lada Vesta Drift version.

1592091858880.png

Good news, I managed to contact a guy 30mls from my city who's building an E31 S62 swap (E39 5.0L M5 engine) - a variant I'm modeling anyway and he'll give me 2 hours to measure out and photograph the suspension and presumably anything else. This may also allow for sound samples later down the road once he's finished with it.

:D

In other news, BMW designers managed to completely misalign the font of this onboard computer, each button has a different text width, horizontal margin and is even different in vertical placement on the button - still they managed to make it look perfect...if you like that sorta thing.

e0ut2cz.png

n444nzg.png

Adapting the Alpina splitter and bumper to the new wheel well. It turns out this whole thing is much easier by just cutting the body into the real life parts like bumper, hood, doors, etc.

YvfOGKg.png

The bumper was much too narrow on the splitter part and it now incorporates all the improvements of the CSi. Also, the entire air intake was totally off the real thing - now corrected but still WIP.

iatIlbX.png

Back to the door sills...of which there are 5 versions of course - it never ends.

Probably gonna take an afternoon off for some bug fixes on the WRX sometime in the next week, but I'm back on this project now.

odhbI24.jpg

Added axles for a start, need to figure out what else it needs in the engine compartment (distributor is the most obv. so far, and the coilovers which are pretty well obscured by being in front of the suspension)

Still puzzled by how to do wheel blur on hollow wheels.

If you correct the persective (there is still a bit of warp, mostly bottom-left), it actually doesn't look that misaligned.
View attachment 382111

But man, do I appreciate your efforts! Well done, and I can't wait to try this out :thumbsup:

Thanks man, I've done that until I realized it actually is different from button to button if ever so slightly so I just went ahead and started putting the layer together. Because of the font differences every field has to be done individually anyway.

It's ok for my purposes as my text is fully aligned anyway.

Can't wait for these buttons along with the up to 5 LED displays to light up. That BC offers a wide array of possibilities as it also included secret menus to display anything from coolant/oil temps to oil pressure and so on :).

In case you're wondering what the 5th display could be, it is the second one on the Professional C RDS radio which could be added for DM 2.000 in the early 1990s so around 1% of the CSi list price.

rrJThpX.jpg

Probably gonna take an afternoon off for some bug fixes on the WRX sometime in the next week, but I'm back on this project now.

odhbI24.jpg

Added axles for a start, need to figure out what else it needs in the engine compartment (distributor is the most obv. so far, and the coilovers which are pretty well obscured by being in front of the suspension)

no animated peeling banana, no buy

odhbI24.jpg

I was having fun on something similar quite long time , that is still on wip , i ve worked a lot on engine details ( not visible on this render , and interior as well ) was super fun to do , but hell of work to do !)
2222222.jpg

33333333.jpg

I did check at one point and I think the distributor wiring on the car I'm using for reference (photographed in the 2010s) indicates an early small-block Chevy, so probably right for the car.

01Cpo4X.jpg

Kinda pointless trying to take a picture of the rear coilovers, they're just one vaguely shiny thing behind a bunch of more shiny stuff.

I did check at one point and I think the distributor wiring on the car I'm using for reference (photographed in the 2010s) indicates an early small-block Chevy, so probably right for the car.

01Cpo4X.jpg

Kinda pointless trying to take a picture of the rear coilovers, they're just one vaguely shiny thing behind a bunch of more shiny stuff.

I assume the rollbar and helmet is one forged part? :roflmao:

I can't get over these million holes you punched so perfectly into the front section! Amazing.

Such venting on the engine bay of the 240Z is quite effective, reduces lift by tens of % off the top of my head.
Yeah it's definitely the place to vent some air pressure, taking a holesaw to it is easier than molding in a bunch of louvers but I don't know how the effectiveness compares.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%