Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think you are right, this should be the point. Because I tried only Australia and maybe this is the reason, later I'll try Abu Dhabi to see if the results are similar to the ones posted above.
Because I'm sure I did everything correct installing the mods.

v1tek's mod I installed everything except AI (this means that I installed his database folder too, included his schema file)
Then I installed 2.3 True to life , except for the lotus fix, but with the raceload.jpk.
That's all, nothing else installed, just this!

install v1tek mod with his ai first then copy over this mod and its ai (that's what I did no problems) plus use the lotus fix it puts the correct names on the correct cars xD for lotus

install v1tek mod with his ai first then copy over this mod and its ai (that's what I did no problems) plus use the lotus fix it puts the correct names on the correct cars xD for lotus

yes I know about the names and I thank you for your effort, just I really like v1tek's liveries and I don't wanna lose his lotus one :)

By the way I just made another test in Abu Dhabi circuit and I gained pretty much the same results as Numbers had!
So I guess it should be something with Australian circuit, or maybe it's just so that in that circuit some of the cars are not that fast as in other circuits.

During the last test I had in Abu Dhabi, Red Bull and Ferrari were the best ones, really close to them Lotus and Mercedes (Rosberg won!), then McLaren Sauber and Force India more or less on the same performances! This gives me confirmation that I don't have any installation issues, there should be just something that changes performances in differents tracks

yes I know about the names and I thank you for your effort, just I really like v1tek's liveries and I don't wanna lose his lotus one :)
but if you want what I could do is make a dds of just the names so u can import them on to v1tek livery and import them in to my fix so u have his skins with right name just a idea mate pm if you want me to do that and ill send you link to download dds files for the 2 drivers names (ill send them to snthennumbers to so he can include in futre update for people who prefer other liverys but would still like this mod)

im gonan test this mod out tonight as I haven't had chance yet

but if you want what I could do is make a dds of just the names so u can import them on to v1tek livery and import them in to my fix so u have his skins with right name just a idea mate pm if you want me to do that and ill send you link to download dds files for the 2 drivers names (ill send them to snthennumbers to so he can include in futre update for people who prefer other liverys but would still like this mod)

im gonan test this mod out tonight as I haven't had chance yet

thank you very much! would be much apreciated :D

thank you very much! would be much apreciated :D
theres 3 files kimis name romains name and a specocc (this is to cover up the old names to stop them imprinting threw) to place on your car skins simple (photoshop) place it on your skin then use background eraser tool make it full size (5000px) click on the white background so that this deletes the white background it was saved with (cant seem to get that to go away when I save them lol) then just do some final editing to make sure the old names arnt poking out the side or something then import in to my lotus fix files delete ur livery main and boom u have correct lotus skins do this for all 4 skins in high and low folders in livery01 and livery00 (then gen files) use same specocc for all 4 but just make sure to import correct names for low and high version for the correct driver :p (I no you porbs no how to do this but this is just incase anyone else wants to try) http://www.mediafire.com/?uwl3miyclwdokue

What if I dont want the 2013 cars/drivers? Not copying the database file will do?

I guess just copy the AI files. Copying the CTF files too will help with closer competition as well. However the database is an important factor in making the drivers perform better, but the database is made specifically to work with v1tek's mod...

Hope that helps.

is it just me or does this make the young drivers test next to impossible with the hairpin turn test? normally its a cake walk. So freaking easy, but I just cant do it, it will not get up to 185mph no matter what i do.

@ Snthennumbers: why is the car list again a car directory where the lr2 (Lotus cars)? Are these the same models, or the directory is necessary because of the different Lotus cars?
Sorry if bad english, then Google translate is guilty ^ ^

@ Snthennumbers: why is the car list again a car directory where the lr2 (Lotus cars)? Are these the same models, or the directory is necessary because of the different Lotus cars?
Sorry if bad english, then Google translate is guilty ^ ^

The extra files in the lr2 folder allow for different individual car liveries for each Lotus car (Kimi & Grosjean). Remember you need to install the raceload.jpk file for this to work, and follow the included installation instructions (in the .zip file).

Cheers

The extra files in the lr2 folder allow for different individual car liveries for each Lotus car (Kimi & Grosjean). Remember you need to install the raceload.jpk file for this to work, and follow the included installation instructions (in the .zip file).

Cheers

I asked, because maybe in the second car directory, the color of the camera would be adapted to the 2013 season - see picture

lotusorange.png

Is there a skin with black camera for the Lotus team and Kimi car?

Could you please explain better how your mod interacts with v1tek's F1 2013 mod?
Whose database.bin file am I supposed to use?
Do I use the default schema.bin file or v1tek's?
Whose cars folder do I use? Do I copy yours first, then his to get his models? Or just use your cars folder only?
How does the Lotus model fix work with v1tek's mod?
All in-game text is garbled when I combine your mod and v1tek's, which files could be at fault and what do I need to do to fix it?

I asked, because maybe in the second car directory, the color of the camera would be adapted to the 2013 season - see picture

lotusorange.png

Is there a skin with black camera for the Lotus team and Kimi car?

lol some of you people are so nitpicky...talk to theoriginalskunk he does the skins for lotus. Just keep in mind everyone who's reading this that this mod is not really about graphics, its about performance and closer competition...I've only included the Lotus livery mod because it can only be done via the raceload.jpk file (which I worked on to create more realistic damage, so skunk and I just combined our work together since we both worked on different components of the raceload.jpk file).

Could you please explain better how your mod interacts with v1tek's F1 2013 mod?
Whose cars folder do I use? Do I copy yours first, then his to get his models? Or just use your cars folder only?
All in-game text is garbled when I combine your mod and v1tek's, which files could be at fault and what do I need to do to fix it?
import the whole of v1tek mod then import the whole of this mod then go in to ur game folder open cars open lr2 delete livery main folder and ur done

Install v1tek's mod first.
Install my mod second, saying "yes" to overwrite any files.
Then follow the instructions I've included for the Lotus fix
Text being garbled has been discussed on v1tek's thread, you'll find the answers to fix that there. Has something to do with the language files, but I just can't remember exactly what to do right now off the top of my head (hungover, sorry lol)

I got the mod working properly now thanks to your suggestions, however now in Australia I get some sort of frame lag in the last two corners and along the main straight. I haven't had time to test if it happens on other tracks, but it isn't graphics related as I've tried using lower-res car models and turning down the games graphics settings with no change.

I got the mod working properly now thanks to your suggestions, however now in Australia I get some sort of frame lag in the last two corners and along the main straight. I haven't had time to test if it happens on other tracks, but it isn't graphics related as I've tried using lower-res car models and turning down the games graphics settings with no change.
wrong place this isn't graphical this is mechanical

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • At a friends house