Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
snthennumbers, any ideas as to what could be causing these frame lag spikes? So far I've only done Australia and it happens during the final 3 corners and the main straight, and during the whole benchmark test. It doesn't seem to be graphics related as I've lowered the graphics settings and tried lower resolution car models. It's not even real framerate drop, its like the game is calcuating something or generating something during those parts and it causes the frame rate to lag behind while its doing it, then it skips to catch up. The game performed at max settings with no issues with vanilla 2012 or using Mr Pibbs 2013 mod.

I really like this mod so I'd like to figure out what's causing my issue.

snthennumbers, any ideas as to what could be causing these frame lag spikes? So far I've only done Australia and it happens during the final 3 corners and the main straight, and during the whole benchmark test. It doesn't seem to be graphics related as I've lowered the graphics settings and tried lower resolution car models. It's not even real framerate drop, its like the game is calcuating something or generating something during those parts and it causes the frame rate to lag behind while its doing it, then it skips to catch up. The game performed at max settings with no issues with vanilla 2012 or using Mr Pibbs 2013 mod.

I really like this mod so I'd like to figure out what's causing my issue.
frame lag will have nothing to do with this mod due to the fact its not changing any graphics of any sort just how the drives drive

I have the same problems, maybe the cars in 2HD , by the way after the first lap everything comes to normality, I play at the maximum level of details.
Should be something with v1tek's mod, by the way as I said, it's not all the time just the first 2 laps, like the game should load something, like cacheing.

Coming back to True to life mod, this is simply awesome. Everything works perfectly also in career mode!

Could be something to do with flashbacks and/or replays being available. I remember F1 2011 had jitters and disabling replays/flashbacks did the trick.

lol some of you people are so nitpicky...talk to theoriginalskunk he does the skins for lotus. Just keep in mind everyone who's reading this that this mod is not really about graphics, its about performance and closer competition...I've only included the Lotus livery mod because it can only be done via the raceload.jpk file (which I worked on to create more realistic damage, so skunk and I just combined our work together since we both worked on different components of the raceload.jpk file).

ok, i`am nitpicky :)
lotusblack.png

I was having trouble finding a good difficulty for myself (I needed something between Inter. and Prof.) but after trying this mod today along with the 2013 Season mod and the database editor program I finally feel like I can have fun with this game! A big thank you to everyone who helped work on these mods....they are really making the game for me.

I do have one thing I haven't figured out yet, how to get the 90 flashbacks enabled. I looked in the database and it looks like I should have the full 90 to use but I go in the game and it's still set to whatever is in my settings. I tried setting flashbacks to both 0 and the full 4 in the game and that's the # I get in a race to use. I kind of suck at this and on 50% race length in a career I really would like the safety blanket of having more than 4 flashbacks to use. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!

I was having trouble finding a good difficulty for myself (I needed something between Inter. and Prof.) but after trying this mod today along with the 2013 Season mod and the database editor program I finally feel like I can have fun with this game! A big thank you to everyone who helped work on these mods....they are really making the game for me.

I do have one thing I haven't figured out yet, how to get the 90 flashbacks enabled. I looked in the database and it looks like I should have the full 90 to use but I go in the game and it's still set to whatever is in my settings. I tried setting flashbacks to both 0 and the full 4 in the game and that's the # I get in a race to use. I kind of suck at this and on 50% race length in a career I really would like the safety blanket of having more than 4 flashbacks to use. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :thumbsup:
As for the flashbacks - they're sensitive so do as follows:
Open the database and go to the "difficulties" table.
Find the "flashbacks" column and set the values in it as follows from top to bottom: 4, 3, 2, 1, 4
Save the database.
Open F1 2012 and go to the difficulty menu. Select any preset difficulty level. Exit out, letting it autosave.
Exit the game.
Go back to the difficulties table and set the flashbacks to 90 for all rows and save the database.
Start up F1 2012 and go back to the difficulty menu.
Set your difficulty and driving assists as you like BUT DON'T TOUCH THE FLASHBACKS
It will show as 4, but with both arrows grayed out. Don't even scroll down to the flashbacks...just don't touch it...ever

Start up a race and you'll have 90 to use.
Enjoy

hi first great mod.. but ok i dint read the bit about doing the driver test befor the database or ctf file. and no mater how i try i canny do the dam hairpin now. whats can me doo to get this back to normal untill i get past the driver test. i did see ctf file opener but i dunt want to go messing with things like that. thanx for any help

hi first great mod.. but ok i dint read the bit about doing the driver test befor the database or ctf file. and no mater how i try i canny do the dam hairpin now. whats can me doo to get this back to normal untill i get past the driver test. i did see ctf file opener but i dunt want to go messing with things like that. thanx for any help

Heh heh heh :p
Hopefully you made a backup of the "cars" folder. If so, restore the backup to revert back to the default CTF files. The CTF files are located in \F1 2012\cars\[team]\track and "balanced"...so if you have that "cars" folder backup you can just restore those directories, rather than restoring everything back to default like the 2013 car liveries...it'll save you a little time.
The database doesn't matter for the Driver's test.
Otherwise, you'll need to verify files through Steam to revert back to the default CTF files. Once that's done, install v1tek's 2013 mod, then install my mod (BUT NOT THE "CARS" FOLDER YET), go do the entire YDT. Save and exit out, install my "cars" folder, then go race :thumbsup:

Heh heh heh :p
Hopefully you made a backup of the "cars" folder. If so, restore the backup to revert back to the default CTF files. The CTF files are located in \F1 2012\cars\[team]\track and "balanced"...so if you have that "cars" folder backup you can just restore those directories, rather than restoring everything back to default like the 2013 car liveries...it'll save you a little time.
The database doesn't matter for the Driver's test.
Otherwise, you'll need to verify files through Steam to revert back to the default CTF files. Once that's done, install v1tek's 2013 mod, then install my mod (BUT NOT THE "CARS" FOLDER YET), go do the entire YDT. Save and exit out, install my "cars" folder, then go race :thumbsup:
well nope i dint make a backup but i do have the game unmoded on steam aswell as a moded game. so would i get the original cars file from that and drop it into the modded game. and thanx for the reply :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :thumbsup:
As for the flashbacks - they're sensitive so do as follows:
Open the database and go to the "difficulties" table.
Find the "flashbacks" column and set the values in it as follows from top to bottom: 4, 3, 2, 1, 4
Save the database.
Open F1 2012 and go to the difficulty menu. Select any preset difficulty level. Exit out, letting it autosave.
Exit the game.
Go back to the difficulties table and set the flashbacks to 90 for all rows and save the database.
Start up F1 2012 and go back to the difficulty menu.
Set your difficulty and driving assists as you like BUT DON'T TOUCH THE FLASHBACKS
It will show as 4, but with both arrows grayed out. Don't even scroll down to the flashbacks...just don't touch it...ever

Start up a race and you'll have 90 to use.
Enjoy

Awesome got it. Thanks!

Awesome got it. Thanks!
well sorted the ydt out now passd em all and put your AI back in along with a few other mods from here. 2013 mod. cockpit cams/movment. ferrari skin from 2004 and a hellmet. now its a cracking f1 game. much better than original game. but as for them flash backs.. naaaa there for wimps lol :)

well sorted the ydt out now passd em all and put your AI back in along with a few other mods from here. 2013 mod. cockpit cams/movment. ferrari skin from 2004 and a hellmet. now its a cracking f1 game. much better than original game. but as for them flash backs.. naaaa there for wimps lol :)
sorry ment snthennumber mods :)

Quick update guys - I've been trying to tweet Lee Mather at CM about aspects of the AI, but I think my questions are so technical that if he were to answer me, he'd probably lose his job (he's hinted at this a few times).

So I'm tweaking here and there, and trying different things, but so far I've had no luck with that last major issue of the AI backing out when things "aren't just right". Believe me, it's extremely frustrating, which is why I'm trying everything in my power to at least know why its happening...but of course CM is just a bunch of hicks and assholes who don't want to admit that their programming actually sucks ass and has no logic to it :mad:

I've made some small tweaks to the mid-field pack which I'm finalizing, and a minor update (unless I get this AI working how I want) to v2.4 should be out within the next day-ish - which you'll see allows Sauber, Force India, and Torro Rosso to pop into the top 10 much more frequently like we see in real life :thumbsup:

Cheers

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • At a friends house