Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Installed this mod today, and started over with a complete new install and save game. Only did one race so I can't say that much yet but there are a lot of things that have improved from the original gameplay. The way the cars handle, the AI and damage is realistic, graphic job is nice too.

I am finding myself "too fast" on intermediate difficulty but too slow on professional, could be me. But anyone else that notice a big difference in AI strength between those difficulty levels? Oh and the image of J.Vergne doesn't show inside the pit of Torro Rosso, in career drving as his team mate that is.

Really good mod, makes it so much more fun :D

@Melphiz Okay,will see what that does. Does it work the other way around too? And doesnt it corrupt with the files in this mod?
You can add it or subtract as often as you wish, it does not corrupt your save or any other stuff. Only thing I am not sure, if the game reads the new values when starting a new race or only when restarting the game (I think you have to restart the game as the game tends to read the db just at the first start).

You can add it or subtract as often as you wish, it does not corrupt your save or any other stuff. Only thing I am not sure, if the game reads the new values when starting a new race or only when restarting the game (I think you have to restart the game as the game tends to read the db just at the first start).

Yes, in order for DB changes to take effect, you must restart the game. The DB is loaded into memory at game start, so changes don't take effect until the DB is reloaded (aka when the game is started again).

Don't know if this has been posted before, but is there some way to alter the teams you can choose from in career start? I would like to choose ferrari. Any ideas?

Assuming you're using all my files without changing anything, you'll get contract offers from all teams by the end of Career Season 1.

If you're really in a rush, you can just do the first couple of races - one-shot qualifying, 25% distance, and easy difficulty. This will get you some points and get your Driver rank up to 50. You can then skip the rest of the races in the season as you like. You'll still get contract offers from the top teams towards the end of Career Season 1 since your rank is so high :thumbsup:

Installed this mod today, and started over with a complete new install and save game. Only did one race so I can't say that much yet but there are a lot of things that have improved from the original gameplay. The way the cars handle, the AI and damage is realistic, graphic job is nice too.

I am finding myself "too fast" on intermediate difficulty but too slow on professional, could be me. But anyone else that notice a big difference in AI strength between those difficulty levels? Oh and the image of J.Vergne doesn't show inside the pit of Torro Rosso, in career drving as his team mate that is.

Really good mod, makes it so much more fun :D

I'll look into adjusting professional and intermediate difficulties, thanks for the feedback you've all been giving regarding this issues

Im still using 1.1 so I dont know if this was already reported but anyways... For whatever reason sometimes AI cars just go around the track at EXTREMELY slow speed... I have even seen a few just stop and sit there. (Hungary and Singapore)
Also I have seen an AI car spin and then be unable to get back on the move, I have seen it happen during practice and qualy session, it doesnt even trigger a red flag or something, they just stay there and its needless to say it completely breaks the session.

Im downloading 1.3 at the moment... will test later.

Hi guys, providing i don't upload it (after all its not my mod, I'm not possibly intelligent enough to make something this good:rolleyes:) is there anyway i can make Mclaren better?

Not exactly the right place to ask, thats more a question for the general modding thread. Need to be more specific as well. You want the McLaren to be faster when you drive it? Or when it's the AI?

@snthenumbers
not sure if this has been asked or not... given this is an 80 page thread and all lol...

but, Player Mechanical Failures... is there any way you.. or anyone else knows if there is a way to implement it into the game...

just makes the Championship that little bit too easy when your opponents can blow up a couple of races in a season, and only way u DNF is if you chose to.. or some how run out of flash backs...

also...The main menu screen that default loads either Red Bull, Ferrari or McLaren...
Any1 know how to change those default cars so you can have teams other than those 3 load up by default?
i know it changes to what ever car you were just in after u been in a race...
but for game start up is there away to make it cars other than those 3?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 248 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 137 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%