TT Isle of Man - The Game

ah so the names are independent from the map? Ah well then I should peruse the menu more closely and turn that off coz I agree it's useless!! Corner markers will be next.

I ran a few career laps with the update last night and it feels like quite an improvement in game play to me even though there is nothing specific mentioned in the notes. I haven't played for a few days yet the ZX6R that I couldn't get on with at all before feels much more stable after the patch.

I'll defer to those who know more about bike games but it seems to me that:

+ The framerate has improved all round and that makes the bike more stable in slower corners and sweeping corners on the throttle. Previously the rear of the bike would often start to slide on turn in to sweeping corners.

+ Several tracks that had odd 'bumps' almost like joins in the track surface are much smoother (Hertfordshire
seems most noticeable). There are fewer frustrating 'why did that happen?' moments which is good for me.

+ The bikes seem more responsive to controller inputs and slightly sharper to turn in. The additional rumbles in the Xbox One controller are also useful and these now work on the shorter courses too where before, even on Xbox One, they were only really noticeable on the full TT circuit.

+ The AI are far less glued to one line and suicidal, they do still cause issues in the mass start races but they are better behaved.

I know for certain I'm now winning races vs the AI on medium by far bigger margins than before the patch.

There is something special about nailing good laps in this game, managing the bike over the track surface is so challenging that getting 4 near perfect laps even on the short courses feels like an achievement. It has that 'just one more go' appeal that keeps me coming back to get it right this time.

this trigger rumble doobry....I presume that's XBONE and not 360 pads?
I think you are right Mr Damage. I think only xbox one triggers have this effect. That makes the patch release notes a bit of a white lie. Should state xbox one controllers now have feedback.

Last edited:
Can't wait for this to land on the Xbox format. The pad adjustability options alone are enough for me to be chomping at the bit in anticipation. We always have to wait the longest unfortunately but I can be patient if this delivers what I want :thumbsup:
It's justice Peter. Us PC users had to wait a lifetime to get the game after you guys got it. So suck it up buster.:D;)

I have just done back to back testing using an xbox one controller and an Xbox 360 controller and guess what? The 360 one feels better for me. There is actually more powerful vibration on the 360 version and it just feels tighter and more controllable. Didn't feel much on the triggers of the xbox one version at all.
Anyways I just did another Supersport full 4 lap TT, this time with the AI on Difficult. Managed to finish 6th, only 52 seconds adrift of the winner, Peter Hickman. And I am still loving this wonderful simulation of the TT.

I ran a few career laps with the update last night and it feels like quite an improvement in game play to me even though there is nothing specific mentioned in the notes. I haven't played for a few days yet the ZX6R that I couldn't get on with at all before feels much more stable after the patch.

I'll defer to those who know more about bike games but it seems to me that:

+ The framerate has improved all round and that makes the bike more stable in slower corners and sweeping corners on the throttle. Previously the rear of the bike would often start to slide on turn in to sweeping corners.

+ Several tracks that had odd 'bumps' almost like joins in the track surface are much smoother (Hertfordshire
seems most noticeable). There are fewer frustrating 'why did that happen?' moments which is good for me.

+ The bikes seem more responsive to controller inputs and slightly sharper to turn in. The additional rumbles in the Xbox One controller are also useful and these now work on the shorter courses too where before, even on Xbox One, they were only really noticeable on the full TT circuit.

+ The AI are far less glued to one line and suicidal, they do still cause issues in the mass start races but they are better behaved.

I know for certain I'm now winning races vs the AI on medium by far bigger margins than before the patch.

There is something special about nailing good laps in this game, managing the bike over the track surface is so challenging that getting 4 near perfect laps even on the short courses feels like an achievement. It has that 'just one more go' appeal that keeps me coming back to get it right this time.

Well I just had a blap to test the rear end physics and Rutter's zx6r is still a complete mare with too many WTF moments to enjoy still, Tyrone + Rutters bike an especially bad combo.

I just wish Kylotonn would put in some sort of animation like Milestone do when the bike is being pushed, I'd rather a "Mamola" esque style "holeee crud" moment than a limp uncontrollable nosedive into the wall or hedge. I've never seen bikes crash in the way they crash in this game. Or maybe just the "tank slapper" animation. It would be the feedback of something bad about to happen that cannot be conveyed to the player, basically a "back off quick or you're gonna crash" (then again backing off causes a lot of the issues).

I have just done back to back testing using an xbox one controller and an Xbox 360 controller and guess what? The 360 one feels better for me. There is actually more powerful vibration on the 360 version and it just feels tighter and more controllable. Didn't feel much on the triggers of the xbox one version at all.
Anyways I just did another Supersport full 4 lap TT, this time with the AI on Difficult. Managed to finish 6th, only 52 seconds adrift of the winner, Peter Hickman. And I am still loving this wonderful simulation of the TT.

Yup despite my rear end issues (ooh er missus) I'm still loving the game and the course. An absolute fricken humongous challenge for me!

Yup despite my rear end issues (ooh er missus) I'm still loving the game and the course. An absolute fricken humongous challenge for me!
Yes it is a challenge. I don't have any of those rear end issues anymore. I think it's because I use the gearbox more for engine breaking, I'm smooth in all my inputs and I concentrate on getting a clean lap rather than a fast lap. The only time I ever got them was when I was pushing too much. Now I ride the TT circuit like I was on the bike in real life ie; with some fear of crashing. And I am enjoying it so much more. Not bothered about competing with guys who use the visual aids, 3rd person view or whatever. I ride the TT course for my own enjoyment.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Quite the opposite for me Andy, , Xbox one pad and the triggers are giving masses of information anytime the tyres are on the limit be it under braking or acceleration. Feels brilliant and at least as good as Microsoft games that have it implemented.

Do you run Windows 10?

I feel like I’ve just in the last day or so learned the track. I go really well from Glen Helen through to Ramsey, but there’s loads of time I can shave on the mountain and sections 1-3. I’m top 250 on the timer rankings for sections 4-8, but I’m down at like 1000 everywhere else. The main parts of the track I struggle with are Ballagarey, the kink at the end of Cronk y Vody and I get a bit overenthusiastic on the mountain. I’ve been riding with low rider aids on and split brakes, going to turn off the line soon.

Really enjoying the game!

Quite the opposite for me Andy, , Xbox one pad and the triggers are giving masses of information anytime the tyres are on the limit be it under braking or acceleration. Feels brilliant and at least as good as Microsoft games that have it implemented.

Do you run Windows 10?
No I am on Windows 7. Do you think that is the difference?

I feel like I’ve just in the last day or so learned the track. I go really well from Glen Helen through to Ramsey, but there’s loads of time I can shave on the mountain and sections 1-3. I’m top 250 on the timer rankings for sections 4-8, but I’m down at like 1000 everywhere else. The main parts of the track I struggle with are Ballagarey, the kink at the end of Cronk y Vody and I get a bit overenthusiastic on the mountain. I’ve been riding with low rider aids on and split brakes, going to turn off the line soon.

Really enjoying the game!
Nice one? 3rd person or helmet cam, race guide lines?
I go really well down Bray Hill, through Ballascarey, lose it a bit through Glen Helen and I'm struggling for a good flow through the mountain section. But I tend to ride like it's my own bike for some stupid reason. Why I have some form of self preservation in this game I don't know but I like it.

How is everyone’s career mode going? I’m just starting the 2019 and still haven’t been invited to ride the TT. How long does it take? It’s becoming a bit of a grind.
I can't help you on that one. I haven't even looked at the other tracks never mind career mode. I only do the TT. I am sure someone here has probably done the career mode.:thumbsup:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%