Cars Turbo MX-5 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SupremeTaco submitted a new resource:

Turbo MX-5 - "I wonder if I could put a wang on this... AHHH-" - Jimmy Broadbent

If you want, upload your videos in the description and I'll put it in here.

Installation:

The installation couldn't be easier, it's just 3 simple steps.

1. Unzip the file.

2. Go to your Assetto Corsa cars folder and drag the folder into it.(X:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\assettocorsa\content\cars)

3. Open Assetto Corsa.

The Turbo Miata is not a separate car from the NA MX-5. It is like the drift versions of some cars were it is a sub-car. Just hover or...

Read more about this resource...

I will take this down if it is a violation, I do not want to upset anyone. It is an add-on of the existing NA Miata which I believe is allowed.

All I see is a modification of an existing work ... just like putting a turbo on a REAL MX-5.

I am not judging this at all ... I'm not the boss of this stuff. But I am very interested to see how everybody is going to react to it.

All I see is a modification of an existing work ... just like putting a turbo on a REAL MX-5.
Difference is when you own a real MX-5 its truly yours to do what you want with, modify it to your hearts content.

But in this case, none of us actually own the MX-5 model in Assetto Corsa. Kunos simply license it for use in a manner in which they see fit. Modifying it is not within those terms if you read the EULA.
Besides, you can say this is a modification all you like, but in reality it is a reupload of Kunos content largely unedited (same 3d model, 99% same physics etc).

Now I'm not saying whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, or whether this should stay or be removed - I really don't care that much.

But what I am interested in though is how RD handles it.

In the past we've seen many mods removed from RD since they contain Kunos content, whether its physics or 3d models (in this case, both) - think back to the Mercdedes C9 that had modified physics, that was removed.

But on the flip side we also see stuff that is apparently totally fine for RD to host - that Porsche 919 Evo for example - which again, is 95% Kunos physics. This is not scratch made content by any stretch of the imagination. Yet it stays.

I'm not keen on this idea that some ripped content is fine but other are not acceptable. If you're gonna allow some, then allow all. If not, then please apply the same rules to all.

Difference is when you own a real MX-5 its truly yours to do what you want with, modify it to your hearts content.

But in this case, none of us actually own the MX-5 model in Assetto Corsa. Kunos simply license it for use in a manner in which they see fit. Modifying it is not within those terms if you read the EULA.
Besides, you can say this is a modification all you like, but in reality it is a reupload of Kunos content largely unedited (same 3d model, 99% same physics etc).

Now I'm not saying whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, or whether this should stay or be removed - I really don't care that much.

In the past we've seen many mods removed from RD since they contain Kunos content, whether its physics or 3d models (in this case, both) - think back to the Mercdedes C9 that had modified physics, that was removed.

But on the flip side we also see stuff that is apparently totally fine for RD to host - that Porsche 919 Evo for example - which again, is 95% Kunos physics. This is not scratch made content by any stretch of the imagination. Yet it stays.

I'm not keen on this idea that some ripped content is fine but other are not acceptable. If you're gonna allow some, then allow all. If not, then please apply the same rules to all.
I guess that's exactly what I'm going to do. If RD responds, it's obviously going to need to be removed, if they never find out, I guess I'm not going to delete it.

I don't want to copy anyone's mods or models without permission as that just isn't okay to do. I personally don't think that this is a bad case as all I did was add a turbo onto the car. I don't know how to model cars. I don't have the money for the software or have the knowledge. I'd love to become a Modder and this is the best I can do with what I have.

I wouldn't have. I thought you explained it all quite well. You just installed a turbo on a Mazda.
Mitja Bonca said that I needed more detail on who created the model. I don't want anyone else complaining about it, I just want them to enjoy the mod. I thought I explained it quite well too but other people don't seem to think the same.

OK so it's your position that this is a KUNOS MX-5 and cannot be modified without violation of law. OK ... how does that work with skins? Can I paint the KUNOS MX-5 red and put Budweiser logos on it or will that make Kunos, Mazda AND Budweiser angry?

Lots of questions here ... and even more now that Kunos abandoned AC. Where does AC go from here?

OK so it's your position that this is a KUNOS MX-5 and cannot be modified without violation of law. OK ... how does that work with skins? Can I paint the KUNOS MX-5 red and put Budweiser logos on it or will that make Kunos, Mazda AND Budweiser angry?

Lots of questions here ... and even more now that Kunos abandoned AC. Where does AC go from here?
I personally think that more people are going to keep playing AC rather than ditching it and buying ACC. I think that KUNOS telling us that there will be no modding support angered a lot of people. Some really good modders are going to find a way to import their own cars into the game but most people won't be able to do that.

Unless they start allowing modding support in ACC, I'm not buying it and I think most people think the same.

Its not my position at all, I'm simply reading the Kunos EULA... Its not my job to determine what is and isn't allowed. Just seems odd that things like that have been removed in the past yet here we stand with seemingly no action taken.

I don't care what the decision is, I just want consistency.

Also what makes you think AC has been 'abandoned'?

Its not my position at all, I'm simply reading the Kunos EULA... Its not my job to determine what is and isn't allowed. Just seems odd that things like that have been removed in the past yet here we stand with seemingly no action taken.

I don't care what the decision is, I just want consistency.

Also what makes you think AC has been 'abandoned'?
With Assetto Corsa Competenize being announced, KUNOS is going to stop creating updates for AC.

Yes. In the AC credits, it says 2014-2020 I believe. Which is when the copyright for AC ends. I don't think it would anger KUNOS anymore though now that they aren't monitoring their game anymore.

Yes. In the AC credits, it says 2014-2020 I believe. Which is when the copyright for AC ends. I don't think it would anger KUNOS anymore though now that they aren't monitoring their game anymore.
So by your reckoning its totally fine now reupload all of Kunos' models with whatever 'modifications' we want? Simply because they are busy with a newer title and have suddenly stopped caring about this one? Interesting.

Well no. I meant to say that I don't think KUNOS wouldn't mind all that much. It isn't fine to copy other people's content and say it's your own but I didn't do that. I said in the post that it is KUNOS work and I don't even have the original content in it. I've already said this about 10 times but It is an add-on. I am not trying to steal their content and I don't think it is fine to do that. You're just trying to make everything I say appear as a bad thing. You can play the ****ing mod or you can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%