Cars Turbo MX-5 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no. I meant to say that I don't think KUNOS wouldn't mind all that much. It isn't fine to copy other people's content and say it's your own but I didn't do that. I said in the post that it is KUNOS work and I don't even have the original content in it. I've already said this about 10 times but It is an add-on. I am not trying to steal their content and I don't think it is fine to do that. You're just trying to make everything I say appear as a bad thing. You can play the ****ing mod or you can leave.
And thats fine. I'm not criticising you.

But its strange that other people having done the exact same thing (ie. given 'credit' to wherever the original content was taken from, admitting there was no permission granted etc. etc.) yet been swiftly removed from RD.

I'm simply interested to hear from RD why some are allowed and others aren't. If they say this is fine then thats cool, but I'd expect others to be able to upload something in the same vein without having it removed.

So by your reckoning its totally fine now reupload all of Kunos' models with whatever 'modifications' we want?

PLEASE NOTE that I am NOT speaking for RD in any capacity.

Since you asked ... yes. What's more, I think the "now" should be taken out of your sentence. Taco bought that Mazda ... I think he should be able to do any thing he wants with it, EXCEPT merchandise it as his own creation. And he most certainly did NOT do that.

This is NOT ripped content. This is a modification.

Last edited:
And thats fine. I'm not criticising you.

But its strange that other people having done the exact same thing (ie. given 'credit' to wherever the original content was taken from, admitting there was no permission granted etc. etc.) yet been swiftly removed from RD.

I'm simply interested to hear from RD why some are allowed and others aren't. If they say this is fine then thats cool, but I'd expect others to be able to upload something in the same vein without having it removed.
Then why do you keep telling me in every single reply you post this and say nothing to RD?

He bought it ... I think he should be able to do any thing he wants with it

Right... Again thats not how it works. He bought a licence to use AC, he does not own it nor the models within. I can paste the EULA if you really want... "KUNOS does not transfer any right of ownership to LICENSEE; the SOFTWARE is licensed not sold."

Especially now that Kunos walked away from AC and the people who bought it.
Lol again, I'm interested to hear where this 'Kunos have walked away from AC' news has come from :roflmao:

Then why do you keep telling me in every single reply you post this and say nothing to RD?
Email them or do something for god's sake.
Relax man, its an open forum. I brought it up simply because it was a relevent mod (ie not scratch made) where there was also an RD member of staff present. I thought he may be able to shed some light, seems not to be the case.

This is NOT ripped content. This is a modification.
ehm, the download contains every file of the Kunos Miata, which is against your own EULA and Kunos EULA... and it has been handled like this for the last years without issue. Redistribution of original Kunos content which is not part of the offered SDK or sound - not allowed.

And why do you even chime in/respond to the reports if you admit having no idea about your own sites policy? Bit surprising.

This entire thing wouldn't be a problem if you didn't literally upload the entirety of the Kunos MX-5.

It's every single file for the MX-5. Literally.

folder.png

I will place my 2 cents anyways,

The upload is violation of the EULA agreements regarding distributing paid content,
I stand here with Gary leave it or remove it, but allowing uploads of content stolen from a licensee, is not the best way to go here,

the content wants updating with a S1 version .ACD file why the need to upload officially licensed work with zero permission ? unless you want a lawsuit.

Relax man, its an open forum. I brought it up simply because it was a relevent mod (ie not scratch made) where there was also an RD member of staff present. I thought he may be able to shed some light, seems not to be the case.

I have stated several times that I am NOT speaking for RD.

Kunos is doing no more work on AC. Read their interviews.

Actually the entire ****ing thing would be a problem because no one here downloaded the thing.

Plus there is no other way of getting it to work.
I never even played with the official car ingame or even looked at it, who cares if its got a turbo I just came to complain like a bitch :p

I'm keeping this here until the post is taken down. Discussion over.
If you had any respect for RD, or Kunos who spent 1000,s of hrs and money and Marco getting the licenses in the 1st place, and you respected the RD modding community you would remove the content,
for saying that I would ban you but that is not my call.

If you had any respect for RD, or Kunos who spent 1000,s of hrs and money and Marco getting the licenses in the 1st place, and you respected the RD modding community you would remove the content,
for saying that I would ban you but that is not my call.
This isn't RD's car and you need the original MX-5 for this to even work. I've even had someone from RD say it's no problem so I think I'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%