V8 Supercar performance in available cars?

I am enjoying the competition/trial of Bathurst with the wicked BWM Judd.
Will seriously consider buying the track.
I am running a lowly 2:03 after a few laps. The V8 Supercar record is around 2:06 I believe.
I am wondering if any of the existing cars for sale would have similar performance/handling to a current V8 Supercar?
I'm thinking Camaro or Mustang GT3. Any suggestions?
I would be fun to try and do the track in a similar V8 car.

I bought the Mustang GT3 and am hooning around Bathurst in Amateur mode...badly I must say, but it goes pretty good and is a bit of a handful...heavy like I'd imagine an FPV to be. I'm usually a Holden man , but the Mustang appealled to me more than the Camaro. Bathurst is very tricky.......

What about the Corvette GT2?

Corvette GT2
RWD. 5.5 litre V8. 470BHP+. 2745lbs weight.

V8 Supercar
RWD. 5.0 litre V8. 635BHP+. 3086lbs weight.

Power ro weight ratio is a bit out, but with downforce and tyres taken into account, don't think there would be much difference around Bathurst. Plus it sounds like a V8 Supercar :D

Edit: Saying that the record for the V8 Supercar is a 2:07.xxx. GT3 Lap record is a 2:03.8xx :confused:

Haven't tried the Corvette as I tend to stay away from American cars as much as possible.
I might give it a go. I do think the M3 does sound quite a lot like a V8SC though. And it's shape is a lot more similar being more saloon than sports car so it has more body roll etc.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 53 54.6%