Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
There are a couple of questions
At first, the development of parts I did not because I had not in the red.

Attachments

• 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 171
  • --0-.jpg
    --0-.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 147
  • ъъъъъъ.jpg
    ъъъъъъ.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 161
  • ю.ю.ю..jpg
    ю.ю.ю..jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 156
There are a couple of questions
At first, the development of parts I did not because I had not in the red.

Thank you! I need to make this noticeabout your pic 3 and 4 elsewhere too...

As for 1&2 - this is explained on the main download page. Your Chassis is increasing your base stat - but there isn't a "word" to tell you how much this is yet. since "from chassis" isn't in the file.

3&4 - this is more global issue I should have reported.
  1. All my changes - which includes any descriptions which are edited - are only available in English - I don't speak any other languages.so I really cannot add any translations.
  2. Dilemmas and Interviews: are two files I massively butchered in order to get working properly. Though these originally had other languages within them, I was forced to remove them as symbols I didn't have installed were being saved incorrectly. As such, I removed all non English translations rather then spend days looking for the cause. I hope to one day put these back in (the default ones wouldn't reflect my changes though....and any new ones would need to be translated back in).

Last edited:
on account of the translation is okay, we will understand. But at the expense of the development of the details? I've created a command (test) the brakes were 10 level, updated twice and not bad so already risen 9.
folder 4 levels of difficulty Challenging no file. as it was -7.5%

on account of the translation is okay, we will understand. But at the expense of the development of the details? I've created a command (test) the brakes were 10 level, updated twice and not bad so already risen 9.
folder 4 levels of difficulty Challenging no file. as it was -7.5%

This is again mentioned on the main page. -7.5% is too great now as another stat combats it... saying that, it won't happen until the end of the season anyway.

Believe me, the numbers work. It's just not displayed perfectly, optimally (because I can't see a way of adding 'brand new' display lines within the UI.

I think Its time to apply for a job at Sega buddy! I'm pretty sure this is a great achievement to put in ur CV. God bless!, for making us all happy and entertaining...

;) But if I worked for them, would I be allowed to make mods?

Would like to create my own game oneday though. Need an artist on board though, All my GameMaker games end up just being a game of different coloured squares interacting - as coloured squares is about the extent of my art skill...

After loading the additional constructor function disappear. say -1 day -2 days or development per million. Believe me I'm not criticizing, I inform you that did not happen. or so conceived

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 174
Great work from all of you. :thumbsup:

Thanks FlamingRed and Brian and Coops. :D

It will be an awesome weekend starting right now. :coffee:

EDIT: Hi Brian you said 'Edited the main menu bits for the extended length races (to be included in Red's mod)'. I am starting right now a new game it is different.

Race Lenghts.jpg

Did I something wrong? FlamingRed said that your mod was included.

Last edited:

EDIT: Hi Brian you said 'Edited the main menu bits for the extended length races (to be included in Red's mod)'. I am starting right now a new game it is different.

View attachment 177040

And what about my question? After loading the designer lost more features. Check the same for you?

View attachment 177040

I don't know what he's done xD. I edited the lines on my end and sent them to him to slot in on his end. I did say he could do averages if he preferred, so that may be what has happened. I'm not at my PC until this evening (9 hours or so from now), but if you want the other ones I did, I can supply you with the lines to put into Frontend.

And what about my question? After loading the designer lost more features. Check the same for you?

I had the same problem too. Here are some screenshoots.
1. Before Signing
Before Signing.jpg
2. After Signing
After Signing.jpg
3. After Saving, exited the game and loading.
After Loading.jpg

And the funny thing that the epic part is -1 day Build Time
-1 Build Time Epic.jpg

I don't know what he's done xD. I edited the lines on my end and sent them to him to slot in on his end. I did say he could do averages if he preferred, so that may be what has happened. I'm not at my PC until this evening (9 hours or so from now), but if you want the other ones I did, I can supply you with the lines to put into Frontend.

It's not urgent. I even didn't got to race yet. So I don't know it is just a bug in this page. Maybe the races are okey. So I will check it.

Not: It's nothing big, and I don't thing that it's related to you FlamingRed, just saw a miss spelling of the Tiger Investers last line. (Tigre).
Wrong Spelling of Tiger.jpg

And the new Investor is great. (As long as I am not assassinated :confused:)

Just want to mention that this does work without the DLCs as I just uninstalled all mine to test and the game has been running fine. I don't own GT anyway, so if it works without any, it'll work without GT.

My reason for thinking this is that the game uses only the parts that it needs at any one time, so if it needs GT stuff, it'll read it, but if it never does, it won't. It'll still read them and need them to be correct, but the DLC is agnostic and outside the assembly and resources. Which is bloody good too.

I had the same problem too. Here are some screenshoots.
1. Before Signing
View attachment 177041
2. After Signing
View attachment 177044
3. After Saving, exited the game and loading.
View attachment 177043

And the funny thing that the epic part is -1 day Build Time
View attachment 177047

It's not urgent. I even didn't got to race yet. So I don't know it is just a bug in this page. Maybe the races are okey. So I will check it.

Not: It's nothing big, and I don't thing that it's related to you FlamingRed, just saw a miss spelling of the Tiger Investers last line. (Tigre).
View attachment 177045

And the new Investor is great. (As long as I am not assassinated :confused:)

Oops, I used an experimental version of component parts that I was using before the new patch hit :) um.... I'll get that sorted Sunday. (Though I don't know if new saves would like it - at least I disclamoured it as a beta build)

The laps for long are the same as Brian's mod. I did just use averages instead of simply the shortest vs longest races possible. (Which is how I worked out the new short and medium - which are the same as my mods last medium and long)

We're on one quite big Designer bug, (and one misspelling) but that's all so far :) - we'll call this the 'testing weekend' (I knew I would have messed up somewhere)

Note: for those wanting a self fix - take component parts.txt and open in notepad++... remove component IDs 87 onwards and then put it back in the asset (I am at work now till Sunday night so cant do it myself)

Last edited:
Goood im so hungry to play your Mod Flaming Red. Thanks for you work! No really! THANK YOU! Im ready to test it tomorrow.

Do you think(!) i can combine your Mod with this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865185814 F1 2017 Workshop Mod?

If you dont know that, im gonna test it anyways :D And can tell you, if you want.

Laundry, from Germany
Oh, yes, any mod you get from the workshop will work 'sitting on top' of this mod.

Bewear that if they have a sponsors.txt (or any other asset I use, which is listed in the mod description) that it will overwrite my asset completely. It won't break my mod, but the features of Their file parts will replace mine.

Oops, I used an experimental version of component parts that I was using before the new patch hit :) um.... I'll get that sorted Sunday. (Though I don't know if new saves would like it - at least I disclamoured it as a beta build)

The laps for long are the same as Brian's mod. I did just use averages instead of simply the shortest vs longest races possible. (Which is how I worked out the new short and medium - which are the same as my mods last medium and long)

We're on one quite big Designer bug, (and one misspelling) but that's all so far :) - we'll call this the 'testing weekend' (I knew I would have messed up somewhere)

Note: for those wanting a self fix - take component parts.txt and open in notepad++... remove component IDs 87 onwards and then put it back in the asset (I am at work now till Sunday night so cant do it myself)

So basicly when i install this mod i can cut out that part text and then put in into the assets folder? Any parrticular line or folder i have to paste it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 19.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%