Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Choose a "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file to match your desired difficulty. Each difficulty level decreases the effectiveness of newly created parts for your team only - meaning at higher difficuties, you need to develop more aggressively in order to maintain pace / outpace the AI's development.

I only see one "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file?? Are they supposed to be in those litle maps??

it gave this fault today in a interview line

Attachments

• fout.png
    fout.png
    859.6 KB · Views: 167
This is just a test run. So FlamingRed put just one difficulty level for now. Later he will release all difficulty levels.
As I understand it right now makes no sense to start playing? and the level of difficulty, I can not understand what kind of worth it. Translator does not always translate well. And about, the problems-at the expense of other designers and Funk-yet nothing can be done? He is there something explained parts.txt file but I'm not sure

Mod Observations:

The Tropico reference was a mild surprise as I have played the series previously. I had to go over it twice to make sure it was El Presidente indeed. LOL

The Stonewell Bank seems to be cut off in the description, dunno if this is a graphic placement problem.

I love how they integrated multiple crashes in game. I noticed that cars now crash in multiple places within a particular area, as opposed to cars "stacking" at a single corner.

Will keep you posted after further testing.

As I understand it right now makes no sense to start playing? and the level of difficulty, I can not understand what kind of worth it. Translator does not always translate well. And about, the problems-at the expense of other designers and Funk-yet nothing can be done? He is there something explained parts.txt file but I'm not sure
The reason to play right now is to test the new mod. And to see if there are any bugs.

The difference between difficulties are that the difference performance in part builds. Let's say in Vanilla mod the part that you build has a +100 performance score. So in this mod with the different difficulty levels it will be something like this:

Very Easy (-0.0%) = +100 performance
Easy (-1.0%) = +99 performance
Normal (-2.0%) = +98 performance
Challenging (-3.0%) = +97 performance
Troublesome (-4.0%) = +96 performance

There been some changes to this system with the latest mod. But this is how it's work (more or less).

And for the Part Components problem here download this file and add it to the resources.assets file.

Attachments

• cPart Components.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 218
The interview and dilemma issue is tied to there being no text in the localised columns. If you are able to play using English, set the game language to that and everything *should* show up fine.

And yes, this build is for testing. With the volume of work Red had to bring the mod up to date, there were bound to be issues, hence him saying this was a beta.

On Designers re-rolling their components, does it only happen once, or every time you save and load? (I assume this is fixed with the Part Components fix above?)

Last edited:
You will need to use the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor. Google it, and you should get a link to the 7 Days To Die forums with the download links. There is a tutorial video on YT on how to use it for MM.

If you're still stuck, I will put a fixed assets into my Dropbox as a temp measure until Red can fix it on his end.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtsun5c8z4v7pu0/resources.assets?dl=0

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
You will need to use the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor. Google it, and you should get a link to the 7 Days To Die forums with the download links. There is a tutorial video on YT on how to use it for MM.

If you're still stuck, I will put a fixed assets into my Dropbox as a temp measure until Red can fix it on his end.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtsun5c8z4v7pu0/resources.assets?dl=0

Let me know if it doesn't work.
I checked-like works. Thank you.

Quick Question before I get real excited and load this in. I'm also playing around with Brian's mod, do I still need to import his files into your new assets, or is it all there? Also, this might make me sound new, but how do I unzip your two parts of the assets together?

Quick Question before I get real excited and load this in. I'm also playing around with Brian's mod, do I still need to import his files into your new assets, or is it all there? Also, this might make me sound new, but how do I unzip your two parts of the assets together?

Brian's mod is kinda merged into this one, for the most part. You can update to his GT, SS, Messages and Media Reports if you like... though I'd argue not to change the interviews, as I've extensively changed the system. I'll merge his changes to fit my interviews soon enough...

And You select them together and just Unrar them to "[Asset File]\"

Known Bugs to fix in the next version

Part Components.txt
  • Accidentally uploaded an experimental version causing designer slots to be fairly random. (I've been looking at ways to make component slots and the car upgrade system as a whole more interesting. Never found anything which worked particularly well though)
    • This has been fixed and is ready for 1.3b
Frontend.txt
  • Investors text had "Tigre" instead of "Tiger"
  • Investors text has Stonewall's description unfinished.
    • Both are fixed ready for 1.3b
Interview.txt and Dilemma.txt
  • Brain's Personality Traits have had some ID conflicts with some interviews/dilemmas. He fixed them within his mod but I've probably copied over them with the vanilla interviews/dilemmas since then, as I had multiple issues with the file.
    • Need to sit and work out which ID's are mismatched and correct it.
  • Had to remove non-localization text to fix things in both files. As such, anyone using non-english language is getting PSG errors. However, as I've modded/added text to each file in English... so I will EITHER
    • 1. Reinsert the old Localization text which was removed - but note that my changes in English won't be translated. And then for any added dilemmas (so they might not make any sense). Anything I have added myself (brand new dilemmas), I will simply copy over my English version for each and every language others translate the files. OR
    • 2. Simply copy across the English version to all the other languages for both my new. Unfortunatly for non english speakers this maybe a problem, but at least they won't be blank. Of course, I expect near 100% of the users to be at least partial english speakers because (1) RD is an English based forum and (2) to understand some of the large but subtle changes of the mod, you will have needed to read the mod description - which is in English. I;ve yet to decide which route to take.
Possible timer issue: https://gyazo.com/78278c895d7fbcfe5ea9097080d1a431
  • I can't repeat this problem, even with brake discs. As such, I cannot identify a cause. This maybe an isolated issue as the user is running a slightly modified version of the mod. But if anyone sees it, report it please.
Possible DLL issue
  • If I open up the dll HQsBuilding_v1, GenerateCalendarEvent{} - I get a decompiler error. I don't have this in the vanilla version of the dll, which means that my mod has dome something to this part of the file. However - checking the Opcode, mine is identical to the vanilla version (Play Spot the difference if you like: maybe I'm being blind https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/Fco5SN1xu.png).
  • However, this section of the DLL is only used when building a new building or upgrading an existing one - to which I have done both things in my test and have found no errors what so ever. Which leads me to believe that while there's now this odd decompile issue - if it's not broke, no need to fix it. (note: I never touched this file before - nor have I changed anything to do with building times for the HQ).
  • HOWEVER - if you notice anything weird when upgrading or building a building, let me know - as I consider this a 'possible breach' in the code that I'll investigate if the need arises.
Grip/Rubber Impact
  • I purposely made this extra strong to ensure that this is working. It's a tiny feature but I really like that its in the game now (odd that they took the trouble to make a grip graph but never used the grip level for anything).
  • At the moment, you can see several seconds come off the laptimes due to increase grip available (Can go from 1,17s in Cape town down to 1.11s). I'll be reducing it a little in 1.3b to be less overpowered (but still noticeable). .
Keep the tests going. If nothing major is found I'll try and get it out of this beta for early next week. So far, there's a lot less bugs in it then I thought.

Last edited:
Known Bugs to fix in the next version

Part Components.txt
  • Accidentally uploaded an experimental version causing designer slots to be fairly random. (I've been looking at ways to make component slots and the car upgrade system as a whole more interesting. Never found anything which worked particularly well though)
    • This has been fixed and is ready for 1.3b
Frontend.txt
  • Investors text had "Tigre" instead of "Tiger"
  • Investors text has Stonewall's description unfinished.
    • Both are fixed ready for 1.3b
Interview.txt and Dilemma.txt
  • Brain's Personality Traits have had some ID conflicts with some interviews/dilemmas. He fixed them within his mod but I've probably copied over them with the vanilla interviews/dilemmas since then, as I had multiple issues with the file.
    • Need to sit and work out which ID's are mismatched and correct it.
  • Had to remove non-localization text to fix things in both files. As such, anyone using non-english language is getting PSG errors. However, as I've modded/added text to each file in English... so I will EITHER
    • 1. Reinsert the old Localization text which was removed - but note that my changes in English won't be translated. And then for any added dilemmas (so they might not make any sense). Anything I have added myself (brand new dilemmas), I will simply copy over my English version for each and every language others translate the files. OR
    • 2. Simply copy across the English version to all the other languages for both my new. Unfortunatly for non english speakers this maybe a problem, but at least they won't be blank. Of course, I expect near 100% of the users to be at least partial english speakers because (1) RD is an English based forum and (2) to understand some of the large but subtle changes of the mod, you will have needed to read the mod description - which is in English. I;ve yet to decide which route to take.
Possible timer issue: https://gyazo.com/78278c895d7fbcfe5ea9097080d1a431
  • I can't repeat this problem, even with brake discs. As such, I cannot identify a cause. This maybe an isolated issue as the user is running a slightly modified version of the mod. But if anyone sees it, report it please.
Possible DLL issue
  • If I open up the dll HQsBuilding_v1, GenerateCalendarEvent{} - I get a decompiler error. I don't have this in the vanilla version of the dll, which means that my mod has dome something to this part of the file. However - checking the Opcode, mine is identical to the vanilla version (Play Spot the difference if you like: maybe I'm being blind https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/Fco5SN1xu.png).
  • However, this section of the DLL is only used when building a new building or upgrading an existing one - to which I have done both things in my test and have found no errors what so ever. Which leads me to believe that while there's now this odd decompile issue - if it's not broke, no need to fix it. (note: I never touched this file before - nor have I changed anything to do with building times for the HQ).
  • HOWEVER - if you notice anything weird when upgrading or building a building, let me know - as I consider this a 'possible breach' in the code that I'll investigate if the need arises.
Grip/Rubber Impact
  • I purposely made this extra strong to ensure that this is working. It's a tiny feature but I really like that its in the game now (odd that they took the trouble to make a grip graph but never used the grip level for anything).
  • At the moment, you can see several seconds come off the laptimes due to increase grip available (Can go from 1,17s in Cape town down to 1.11s). I'll be reducing it a little in 1.3b to be less overpowered (but still noticeable). .
Keep the tests going. If nothing major is found I'll try and get it out of this beta for early next week. So far, there's a lot less bugs in it then I thought.
This looks better, at least something that was able to see.

Hi FlamingRed, do you know how to help AI with the money w/o tweaking dll files ?
i like this changes: "GetDesignCosts. AI gets a 80% discount from the development of parts." but can't find any help in database(
I have no success editing assembly (well i can;t even find development parts in this file :redface:)

There seems to be something up with my tyre life tweaks where everyone's soft tyres has more life than they should. William Evans has 8-10 laps on Softs in my assets, yet for some reason has 14-16 in Red's. I'm going to compare my SSDD to his and see if there is anything off in it.

EDIT: It seems singleseater tyre life has all reset to vanilla values for some reason, I've spoken to Red and I'm going to revert to an older version of my tweaks.

EDIT2: Ignore that now, Red worked it out. Because Predator now have the best tyre wear in the series, Evans can go longer than pre-mod where Predator had the worst tyre wear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 202 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party