Virtual Steward

Misc Virtual Steward 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stripe76 updated Virtual Steward with a new update entry:

Added basic reporting tool

Updated version changes log:

- Added a basic reporting tool
- Added the customization of some app element, in case you want your league logo in the app.
- Added a basic track lines generation tool

Reporting tool

Honestly it took much more time than I imagined, hence the .2 version, to honour it. This is how I envisioned the workflow:

Every player should:

- Open the replay file
- Look for their incidents
- Right-click the involved cars
- Click the "Create report" button
- Add his honest...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Excellent update once again man!

One small QoL thing I wanna mention, is that the titles given to saved laps start with the lap, so in replays where it cuts off the name on the leaderboard, it shows people's names as First initial "L" Last name "Lap Number". It might be a good idea to have the name be first and then the lap number :)

otherwise, excellent work as per usual. This reporting feature looks super useful and I cant wait to put it into practice.

Excellent update once again man!

One small QoL thing I wanna mention, is that the titles given to saved laps start with the lap, so in replays where it cuts off the name on the leaderboard, it shows people's names as First initial "L" Last name "Lap Number". It might be a good idea to have the name be first and then the lap number :)

otherwise, excellent work as per usual. This reporting feature looks super useful and I cant wait to put it into practice.
Thanks! I keep the leaderboard hidden, I would have never noticed.

Hello, this mod is great. But I had a problem here: when I first open it, everything was fine, but by the time I was ready to load the second replay, both the vehicle and the track had changed, the vehicle had become these long bars and the track was missing. Is there any way to solve it? Thank you very much.
VS Problem.png

Hello, this mod is great. But I had a problem here: when I first open it, everything was fine, but by the time I was ready to load the second replay, both the vehicle and the track had changed, the vehicle had become these long bars and the track was missing. Is there any way to solve it? Thank you very much.View attachment 715745
Hello, track lines missing it's usually a wrong Assetto Corsa folder path in the app settings, please check that.

The rectangles are the fallback when I can't load the car images, those images are stored in the "Cars" folder and the "Cars.ini" is needed to know their location, please check that both the folder and file are still present in the app folder. If not, just unzip again the file you download here on RD.

Let me know after you checked these two things, please.

Last edited:
Download the file here in RD, it's just a .zip. Unzip it in any folder and run "Virtual Steward.exe", could ask you to install Window Desktop Runtime 8, just follow the instructions. The files in the .zip are at root level so keep the proposed folder when Windows asks where to unzip unless you already created a dedicated folder and moved the .zip there.
If your question was actually "I have some strange problem when trying to run it" please give me more details, I tested it on Windows 10 and 11 but both where developer machines, so yours could be missing some file.
I put the files in a folder on desktop loaded a replay and get the colours of cars as boxes.No map though? and it dos'nt play in real time. Its a matter of using the slider bars at the top and thats it only function.

I put the files in a folder on desktop loaded a replay and get the colours of cars as boxes.No map though? and it dos'nt play in real time. Its a matter of using the slider bars at the top and thats it only function.
Well, basically the same that was happening to @A Short, for the map not showing I suggest checking the Assetto Corsa folder in the app settings by clicking the three dots (⋮) button. For the boxes car, check that your app folder contains both the Cars.ini file and the "Cars" folder.

Since you are the second person reporting this problem there probably is something else wrong with the app, so please let me know if checking those two things doesn't solve the issue.

About the real-time replaying you are correct in saying that the sliders are the only way to "watch" the replay, onestly I'm a bit conflicted about a "Play" button, seems kinda pointless, but you are not the first asking for it so I guess I'll end up adding it.

Stripe76 updated Virtual Steward with a new update entry:

Added replay list and file merge

New version changes log:

- Added replays list tab, on load the app will search for replay files in settings specified folder and populate a list grouped in different ways (car, track, etc.).
- Added a merge replay function. By clicking the "+" button instead of "Load replay" the selected file will be merged with the currently loaded one
- Addedd real-time replaying buttons

This will probably be the last update for a while, I'll try and work on the auto-discovery of incidents when loading a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

im having trouble saving in assetto corsa format.. i cant kind the the place to enable in configs
Click the three vertical dots button (⋮), check the "Enable Assetto Corsa file format export" and reload the replay, that should be all. If it still not working maybe there's a problem with the replay file, if it's not unreasonably big you can upload it somewhere and send me a link to check it out.
Screenshot 2024-01-03 085351.png

Great stuff - thanks! I've been using this not for stewarding purposes but as a sort of low-tech Motec style capability - essentially comparing my laps to faster drivers to learn where I can improve. To help with that I've created a simple app that shows traces for all of the cars in the replay file simultaneously: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/multitrace.66167/
Very nice job! The only problem I see with using the replay for “telemetry” is that they carry very little information for online players. In fact, I’m a bit surprised to see that the brakes are not fully pressed in your image. Did you get the replay file from the players themselves?

Very nice job! The only problem I see with using the replay for “telemetry” is that they carry very little information for online players. In fact, I’m a bit surprised to see that the brakes are not fully pressed in your image. Did you get the replay file from the players themselves?
That screen shot was from an AI race - however if I get someone to share their replay file with me and I merge that with mine then I get the full brake trace from both cars (and of course no lag effects as well).

Front page seems a bit much but thanks!

If you have any new idea let me know, my customers loved your last one. :D
I was thinking about this

If you have the games do you think you can make the program to read the replay files for analyzing from rfactor2 automobilista2 Iracing (wich I don’t have but you mentioned you have)

For rfactor2 there is a program but it seems that the map view / analyzing bit doesn’t work anymore
Merging still works
, the developer is Mia for a long time now so now updates

For Automobilista2 I didn’t find a program at all

Just a idea :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about this

If you have the games do you think you can make the program to read the replay files for analyzing from rfactor2 automobilista2 Iracing (wich I don’t have but you mentioned you have)

For rfactor2 there is a program but it seems that the map view / analyzing bit doesn’t work anymore
Merging still works
, the developer is Mia for a long time now so now updates

For Automobilista2 I didn’t find a program at all

Just a idea :)
I do have rFactor 2 and took a look at the available documentation for the replay files, they are quite convoluted, my brain is still hurting from the two full days of work it took to (partially) reverse engineer AC files, it'll be a while before I gather the will to tackle that. Making VS was fun but not that part!

The other two I don't have, maybe AMS2 sooner or later but definitely not iRacing, I'm too much of a casual racer for that.

Sorry for the late reply

Ah you already tried for rFactor2
to bad it gave you such a headache to read the rF2 replay file, in the topic I posted about the RF2 merger the creator has posted a link to a wiki page with explanation how the replay file is setup
maybe it can help you,
No hurry at all as it needs to be fun to make it

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%