VR Performance Suggestions?

Hi, I am playing this and ATS in VR on my HTC Vive and was hoping someone could give me some suggested settings to use to get a good balance of good performance and good graphics.

I have an i7 9700K and a RTX 2070 Super. I tried following this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1193990367 but it's quite outdated now (the game's config file doesn't contain uset o_openvr_interleaved_reproject "1" among other changes).

Please could someone suggest which settings to use in-game, in the config file and in SteamVR's settings. For instance do I leave SteamVR set to auto resolution or manual, do I keep motion smoothing turned on and can I use supersampling or just set it in the config file? I read somewhere that setting the SMAA to max is best for VR but I don't know if that's true. I know the game's not going to look as good as in pancake mode and the Vive's SDE is quite bad (which is why I've pre-ordered an Index) but at the moment it's all very fuzzy and it's difficult to read road signs or even my satnav at times.

Thanks for any help.

I have a Reverb so it's majorly different from your setup so my settings won't help, however I have found some general settings that may work for you:

- Don't increase in game 'Scaling' (leave at default), use SteamVR SS if you want to increase clarity (better performance this way).
- On older tech HMDs turn Off 'Sunshafts' in the Options, with this On the Sunlight will hinder reading of all Signs/Instruments even more when the Sun is at a low angle. (Looks great on my Reverb and still readable so I have them On!)
- Put AA as high as possible to help with reading stuff.
- Look for Road Sign Mods in the Workshop, there's a few out there that improve the "texture" somewhat over the originals so that might help with reading them.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 33 15.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 118 56.5%