VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ray.... I'm confused now... what Window DDS file are you referring to? I think you may have stumbled across my problem!

I have downloaded Marco's psd file.... edited the bits (including cleaning up the alpha layer) I needed to, and saved as a dds file.

I haven't done anything with a window dds file... at least I don't think I have?

So... I take it you don't get the skin repeated in the windsheild problem when you go from psd to dds?

<beg>If thats the case, any chance of converting my PSD file to a DDS file please</beg>

My .psd file is here in 7z format (compressed to < 8MB)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ray for all your help, you can delete the files now as I have seen them.

I have tested the file you converted with the same results as my own converted files :(

How odd, on my system, I still get the whole skin rendered in the windshield regardless of which file I use. I guess it must be my system somehow. Maybe it's an Nvidia or SLI related issue? What GPU do you have?

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 2.80 GHz
QPC: 3579545 tps
SRAM: 8192 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
VRAM: 1217 MB

Still trying to get to the bottom of this skinning/windshield problem, I assume that Jari still has the issue too, so will try to bottom it out.

Thanks for your specs Ray, can I ask 1 more question.... where are you saving the dds file?

I'm saving in <driveletter>:\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Meganes2009

I notice that if I flick back to the default skin, that my skin is still in the windsheild... but if I click 'reload' it disappears. Unfortunately, on the ALT skin, it's still there :(

BOOM! ... Ray.... you/we've nailed it.... Thank you!

... this is where the problem is!

I was saving my file as M2009_04ALT.dds in the \rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Meganes2009\ folder. I was using _04 as there is currently no ALT skin for that car in the default showroom.

If I save my skin file the file in \rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\Meganes2009\1.0 as M2009_04ALT.dds, it is not available, but if I save it as M2009_01ALT.dds (there is already and ALT skin for this model in the default showroom) then the windsheild and my skin is displayed instead of the default 'ALT' skin, but I have a yellow 'RenaultSport' sunvisor.

So... I saved it as M2009_02ALT.dds (there is already an 'ALT' skin for this model in the default showroom too) and voila... displays lovely in the showroom and on track.

I will notify ISI of this finding later on as I'm pretty sure that this is a bug!
Thanks for all your help Ray!

TTMeganeShowroom2.jpg

Lol ;) That has to do with the setup of the Meganes from ISI :)

If you unpack the Megane MAS file, you will find that ONLY the 01 has a windows file in it :) Thats where the yellow Renault marker comes from :)

I have a window file for each driver, so you will all have the RD windows :)

Marco,

For clarity, I was referring to the 'whole skin repeated in the windshield' bug when I mentioned reporting to ISI.... I'm sure this is not how it is meant to be.:D

Good news is that your windshields with RD on them won't be affected as you are packaging everything as a mod type thingy <insert correct term here>, so will not appear as a User Skin.... which is where the problem lies :)

I have looked briefly this afternoon @ ISI forum, because I am pretty sure i saw something about it. Could not find it.

Will look some more tonight, as I have to do a complete reinstall on my game PC. With tomorrows 24hr event pending, I need to finish that tonight, and while it's installing, I can look some more on the ISI forum with my laptop.

Hope to update tonight.

I was in the server this morning all alone and all was working fine, now when i try to join and there is one other racer in there i get ”server connection failed”

Any ideas ?

Edit.....

Track is Snetterton
Mod window on the left when selecting the server i yellow, that should indicate all is OK (or ? )
The session right now is in "Practice" and i still cant join in.

Hmmm Have to check that Jan.

Will do so, but have to go out for a moment first. Will check it when I come back in again. I assume you are not mixing up the passwords?

I have had this problem a few times. I try to join about 5 or 6 times and if I still cannot join I usually exit everything, even the Rf2 launcher. Then I restart Rf2 launcher, go to online play, and join the server..................Works most of the time for me, but not promising anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%