VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible race from start to finish for me, got hit on every lap in qualify and then start of race my man in front just didnt pull away at all, Had many a knock after that, committed to corners to be hit up the rear by faster drivers, ( I cant simply move off the racing line mid corner) show a bit of patience !!! Race ended with my wheel losing connection.

Ole was way faster than me but I think he spinned because I caught him during the race.
I would have no change against him in fair fight so I played dirty and didnt change tires during pit stop.
Third place due to sneaky tactics. :)

Thank you for the race Marco, Racedepartment and the fellow drivers.

I had a great race, was surprised at my decent qually pace and then just battled on. I got as high as 4th for a while, then battled with Jari for a bit (good fun:thumbsup:) and then Ole (also great) but spun pushing too hard. My tires were going off, so eased up and settled for a nice 5th place.

Grats to Remco and all finishers and BIG thanks to Marco and Remco and RD as always for a good fun night! :D

Im looking forward to the next round!

I tried to be out of the way for faster drivers but I cant just give up my racing to just let ppl pass, if you are the better driver you should prepare your takeover some and I promise you I´ll not push the full throttle out of the corner. Just because you are faster you don´t own the track. Play smart and you will get profit.
Atleast I had some fun on track today and really satisfied with crossing the finishline without any larger problems.

To all. This is taken from our league rules everybody agreed to:

A blue flag indicates a faster driver is closing in. When a driver receives a blue flag signal he must let the faster driver pass as soon as possible. This means he must allow the faster driver to pass on the next safe opportunity. On road courses this is always within three corners of the first signal. On ovals the slower driver can also choose to speed up instead of moving over. As soon as the slower driver has the pace of the faster driver again, the flag signal should disappear. The faster driver must wait patiently for the slower driver to provide the opportunity to pass.

To all. This is taken from our league rules everybody agreed to:

A blue flag indicates a faster driver is closing in. When a driver receives a blue flag signal he must let the faster driver pass as soon as possible. This means he must allow the faster driver to pass on the next safe opportunity. On road courses this is always within three corners of the first signal. On ovals the slower driver can also choose to speed up instead of moving over. As soon as the slower driver has the pace of the faster driver again, the flag signal should disappear. The faster driver must wait patiently for the slower driver to provide the opportunity to pass.
THis is exactly my point.

I tried to be out of the way for faster drivers but I cant just give up my racing to just let ppl pass, if you are the better driver you should prepare your takeover some and I promise you I´ll not push the full throttle out of the corner. Just because you are faster you don´t own the track. Play smart and you will get profit.
At least I had some fun on track today and really satisfied with crossing the finishline without any larger problems.
I find this post quite patronising tbh. It has nothing to owning the track and being smart.Without wanting to start an argument, any other time had those drivers been on the same lap then yes you are correct, some more patience should be shown. But today for whatever reason i caught up with these guys rather too quickly which meant they had been off and into the pits the previous lap, this effectively takes them out of my race and so i feel they could of moved over alot faster. I understand he was racing the car behind still but the other car backed off in the right place on the straight.

Like i say, i don't want to create an atmosphere but i don't appreciate being patronised. I don't even know who it was, the red car behaved properly, that's all i know,.

Grats Remco btw on the win mate

When I compared my times as I entered was a pleasant surprise, I saw that he could stay in the first five if the race goes well.
In the early laps Lee go away, not tried track did not want to risk too much, tried to hold Remco behind but made ​​some mistakes, I knew he was a pilot clean and would not try to pass with any crazy move.
Halfway twithout having pressed the button for the call box, was automatic, I did not know it had to go or not ... so i enter and get a tap on the Ray (in Race07 there arent accidents in the pit lane) and I forgot that. I alread talk to him. Sorry.

Out in 5th and after a few laps i was again in the second due to stops in front of the pilots. To 20 seconds of Remco and distance to the 3rd was not trying to turn the car and finish.

Overall I really liked the race and increasingly the Rf2. A thanks to Marco for this lg.

Is there any option to put automatic pit off? :)

I write this with mixed feelings though, with a positive that I brought the car home in what is my first encounter with rFactor and a rear wheel drive car.

As for the race plan well, they became rather pointless due to my incompetance with the 'in-game' and Motec-Add telemetry. But as the series progresses I hope to get familiar with it.

I did a lot of testing during the week and ran my best time of 1:21.884. I began to get a feel of the car to the point where I could throw the car in and around corners but not well enough to race. With my current smoother driving style I could finish the full race with only 20% tyre wear meaning I only had to stop for fuel.

My start was fine and I settled into the race early keeping as clean and safe as possible remembering I had 45 minutes to feel my way. As I said, my objectives was to bring the car home but as the race progressed I found myself sitting in 8th at one point. Now I had ideas beyond my expectations!

And, that's when my problems began. As I spent many laps looking for info with all the telemetry and asking questions in TS I was slow and all over the road. I had planned on coming in for fuel but could not find the bloody current lap counter? That will be sorted before the next event!

The ingame info that comes up in the Chat box was more than useless as I have a grey-white bonnet and the info is white type and I find myself leaning in to attempt to read it. My pit stop didn't go as well as planned and I spent 3 minutes in the box.

I lost place after place during these periods and became despondent. At some point I no longer cared who I let pass.

More and more confusion when I tried to call the Samaritans. I wasn't sure of the number but I soon found out from a rather irate woman that it wasn't 999! Gee, was she upset! I asked her if she too was in the middle of a race?

Do you realise, she said, that while you are wasting my time someone out in the real world could be losing an arm or, a leg? Oh great, she worries about an arm or, a leg but doesn't give a hoot about someone who's losing his mind!?

Anyhow, I will attempt to do a few full races with the AI in order to become accustomed to the telemetry and hopefully be more able to race for a wet Snetterton?

I enjoyed the car and track I was simply dissappointed with myself.

Thank you, Marco for all you efforts in the organisation.

Qualified in 4'th

Got at good start and could have challenged Remco in T1 but let of some to not compromise our races that early, but instead got a rear tap in T1 and went of into the grass. The car was undamaged so just fight on.

More or less last now so and was catching quick the car in front. Made a attempt to pass on lap 1 between T11 and T12 trot sure on corner numbers) but got knocked sideways and almost lost it, he had no clue I was there side by side so I guess he was not using the mirrors. :(

Hade a good run into T1 on lap 2 but then again he had no clue i was side by side and turned in hard on me and we both went of into the barriers. Got some damage in the rear that felt like the left rear was loose and wobbling.
Keept on driving as hard as possible with the damage and managed to keep taking places back.

Took the pit stop as early as possible and had 147s time to repair...... It feels like a eternity to sit there....

Came back out with a car as good as new, so strangely all the damage was reparable.

Keept on fighting and managed in the end to finish in 10'th
Not the race I had hoped for, but fun in a way anyhow to fight your way back up in the field.

Grats Remco to the win and Thanks Marco for organising

Thats also a way of putting it of course, lol. I'd say you ran wide coming from the inside line leaving me (outside) line no room other than going on to the grass.

I did not run wide, that's for sure, but I might not have given you enought rom I agree to that :)
And also I lifted of just before the accident to get free of Remcos rear so I think that added to it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 203 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%