Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nice one, cheers mate. If you dont mind will have a sieve through to see if I can improve on what I have :)
Help yourself, but remember the more clouds used the more it kills fps, these textures have been compressed without a noticable loss of quality and a mid range pc should be able to cope with all 50

Started up a post on the AC Forums as a little disgruntled with the clouds in AC not being up to scratch with everything else as the game looks fantastic now but there's some simple things Kunos could do to improve their skies as the new Gran Turismo skies as an example make the vanilla skies in AC look like a drawing by a 3 year old... Know they potentially are using static sky boxes but since this is the best racing game out there in my eyes, I want it looking up to scratch! Therefor as running out of things to improve with this mod i'm working back on the clouds to see if we can get more detail out of them so they act more like real clouds do with sunlight rather than just getting bleached out in mid clear and light cloud weathers.
Therefore as you can imagine once I achieve some improvements i'll have another update for you guys... Watch this space!

Still working on it but learning how the light works with the textures and how the cloud files need to look in order to work correctly i'm starting to manage to edit them so that they work well within the graphics engine... Results so far
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_ks_silverstone_24_5_1.jpg

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

A few tweaks here and there (Mostly cloud based)

Wanted to see how much you could get out of the cloud files if you actually optimized them as best as possible. Unfortunately the answer is not a great deal although with some simple tweaks from Kunos I reckon we could have far improved skies... Nevertheless ive made some adjustments so that mid cloud and heavy cloud has more depth in the skies, mid clear has smaller clouds with once again more noticeable detail and Light cloud has a much more hazy look as previously the clouds were just too...

Read the rest of this update entry...

anyone knows why i get such a dark result?

wagnum pp filter:

AvwvcKG.jpg

default pp filter :

kuailKT.jpg
No sure what's gone on there for you but running fine this end. Wouldnt have thought it would be that dark even if you dropped the exposure settings with the page up/down buttons as the auto exposure limits wouldnt allow it to go that dark. If you look at the ppfilter settings the brightness and gamma are set above 1... Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Are you using my weather, filter, SweetFX and clouds or a mixture of someone elses mods with my filter? This is what it looks like my end and should for you too and as you can see, brighter than both your screenshots;
Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_magione_31-5-116-13-53-20.jpg

Last edited:
i did uninstall whole game and reinstalled but it happens again. i tried other graphics mods too and the same thing happens apparently so its not your fault :p
Okay what i'd suggest is firstly check what exposure level you have in game (Page up and down buttons) and set it to 100%. Secondly if that hasnt helped and still struggling, open the following file in notepad;
Games/Steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini

Locate the AC Apps bit and change "Enable Dev apps" from 0 to 1. Now in game you'll have a few more apps down the side when you move your cursor to the right hand side of the screen. Locate the HDR one, unlock the limits and increase the exposure to whats required. You shouldnt need to do this but this will fix it :)

Okay what i'd suggest is firstly check what exposure level you have in game (Page up and down buttons) and set it to 100%. Secondly if that hasnt helped and still struggling, open the following file in notepad;
Games/Steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini

Locate the AC Apps bit and change "Enable Dev apps" from 0 to 1. Now in game you'll have a few more apps down the side when you move your cursor to the right hand side of the screen. Locate the HDR one, unlock the limits and increase the exposure to whats required. You shouldnt need to do this but this will fix it :)

ok man thanx a lot! i will try it!

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Lots of minor tweaks here and there...

made lots of minor tweaks here and there but biggest change ive made this time is toning the sunlight colour vibrancy down at low levels as it gives a much more realistic colour reflection. This can end up making the Sun looked washed out but have increased the godrays slightly and given them a warm glow so you get a nice summer feel driving towards the sun. Due to this fact ive had to remove sunlight from Mid Cloud as it was causing too many issues.
Have also made the Auto exposure...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• ronniej

No donation link. I was making a couple of rounds as I had some monies left from a gift card, and I figured I should stop by your awesome contribution to our game but you don't have a donation link.
EDIT:
Scratch that, as it seems no one has a donation link....Black Celica, Sunny Sky Speed, Bernd Graf, etc, etc. (Only the car mods)

Last edited by a moderator:
No donation link. I was making a couple of rounds as I had some monies left from a gift card, and I figured I should stop by your awesome contribution to our game but you don't have a donation link.
EDIT:
Scratch that, as it seems no one has a donation link....Black Celica, Sunny Sky Speed, Bernd Graf, etc, etc. (Only the car mods)
Cheers for the thought mate. Think NGM does and its not a bad idea as you could make a bit of money out of it but yeah, do it more as a hobby and enjoy it so don't expect money off anyone :)

I use it online with no problem. I dont think PP filters affects online at all
The weathers can be restricted as they have to be named the same as the standard weathers which mine are as they are a direct replacement. Say if a server was holding a game with "Heavy Cloud" weather, if your modded weather is called "Stormy" it wouldnt be able to pick it up as the server isnt looking for that file and so it ends up causing problems.
ppfilters work everywhere however, you can chop and change between them in whatever gaming situation whether it be online or not as the server doesnt have to look for a file since everyone can be using different filters on a single server while weathers affect conditions ever so slightly

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back