Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Just a few small adjustments

Made a couple of adjustments;

- Made 1PM Mid cloud ambient light slightly bluer and brighter
- Also added sunlight to mid cloud as noticed shadows while driving in similar weather and its the only way I can get them in this...
- Clear and Mid clear 8AM and 6PM weathers are now less red sunlight as think it may have been slightly other the top

Although I may remove the sunlight from Mid Cloud if it causes too many issues, think i'm done with this mod now... Been playing around with sweetFX...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Your work is very inspiring. Could you give my graphics mod a go and advise me on some things that need it? I also tagged you in a message on AC forum for a question I have about the clouds files.
thx great work

Your work is very inspiring. Could you give my graphics mod a go and advise me on some things that need it? I also tagged you in a message on AC forum for a question I have about the clouds files.
thx great work
Just watched your video, looks good. Things i would maybe suggest is sometimes less can be more so maybe tone the star effect down a bit. Also, When trying to get the right colors for your weather files, work from a photo or even better go and take some in the correct weather conditions. You can then take screenshots in game and compare them so you know what adjustments you need to make to the files :)

Only update from previous version if you want my Sweetfx settings

Was trying something different and potentially was going to release another separate graphics mod but what I tried didnt entirely work and when I came back to do a comparison against this it just didnt look as good.
I did however play around slightly with Sweetfx settings as the ones I had from the Official Sweetfx bundle sharpened things too much so when you have a lot of ambient light and little sunlight such as Mid Cloud and Heavy Cloud weather, tree and foliage details pop badly and the...

Good job on the filter, I use sweetFX also. Here is how yours looks on my rig..
20160516115321_1.jpg

This next picture is the one Sunny Sky is working on...
20160516115317_1.jpg

This last one is my own custom filter with sweetfx, I've gone for the more natural look and tones without overdoing the camera fx. The Blackcelica RT FX-HD has not been released yet.
20160516115326_1.jpg

I prefer mine obviously but it is tailored to my screen and settings and looks good at all times, all weathers. It works with default weathers but looks better with my tweaked custom weathers. As you seem to be the filter expert, I would love some feedback from the screens here before I release it. Any thoughts welcomed.

View attachment 135482
View attachment 135483
This last one is my own custom filter with sweetfx, I've gone for the more natural look and tones without overdoing the camera fx. The Blackcelica RT FX-HD has not been released yet.
View attachment 135484
I prefer mine obviously but it is tailored to my screen and settings and looks good at all times, all weathers. It works with default weathers but looks better with my tweaked custom weathers. As you seem to be the filter expert, I would love some feedback from the screens here before I release it. Any thoughts welcomed.
There's some people out there that have been doing this far longer than I so wouldnt class myself as the expert but thank you nevertheless.
In so many real life weather scenarios subtle colour is what we actually see and so quite often you can get a realistic look going that way. I also like vignetting especially in screenshots as it frames the image nicely if used well. Word of warning though, Vignetting affects triple screen users badly if over used so if using a heavy vignette let people know how to remove it.

What I would say is just try and find a nice balance across it all for as long as you dont go overboard with an effect or colour, it should look good if you try and emulate reality somewhat. In reality you can have a day with just a little cloud cover but the colours are dimmed because the light is having to pass through a haze which is taking away the intensity of the colours while other days the sunlight is making everything very bright and colourful so i'd say no mod or filter is right, just depends on how you want the game to look and the art direction you want to take with it.
If you are not already, make sure you test the weather conditions on several Kunos tracks as although they have been better optimized now, there is still a big difference on some where things look overly bright or too dim and you just have to find a good balance.

Scanning over the three small images i'd say yours is more appealing to the eye than the other two but then the vignette helps that. I'd also say for realism at least it would need to be brighter but then you dont have to aim for all out realism, and why should you since we are working with a graphics engine that only has one light source after all so achieving perfectly realistic graphics is impossible.

Hope this all helps!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, ive been critised before for my filter looking a touch dark but im trying to create a look that is through a windscreen and or visor, not just eyes to sky. Nearly there i think.

Hi dude, I've got one of your mods installed, If I want the newest update with sweetfx how do I instal both(where do they go? How to replace?) Sorry for noob question :redface:
I just unzipped into main AC folder?

Last edited:
Hi dude, I've got one of your mods installed, If I want the newest update with sweetfx how do I instal both(where do they go? How to replace?) Sorry for noob question :redface:
I just unzipped into main AC folder?
No problem at all. If your using the JSGME.exe then open that, select Sweet FX and move it over to the active column. If doing it manually, just copy the contents of the SweetFX folder (inside the Mods folder) into Assetto Corsas root directory.

No problem at all. If your using the JSGME.exe then open that, select Sweet FX and move it over to the active column. If doing it manually, just copy the contents of the SweetFX folder (inside the Mods folder) into Assetto Corsas root directory.
I extracted update into AC folder, I don't see sweetfx in jsgme? just your weather ect from previous instal...I think:redface:

Not to be annoying but will be doing another update within the next couple of weeks as realized I had made some adjustments to Early/Late colours in Light Cloud weather which should have just been a test run and shouldnt have ended up in a release version. Ive also made some slight brightness adjustments across the board and the fog weather hasnt had any attention for some time so made some adjustments to remove a little of the redness as they look slightly over red in comparison to the rest now.
These adjustments will only be ever so slight (apart from the Light cloud ones) so dont necessarily need the next update.
Going to hold on from releasing for as long as possible just to make sure havent missed anything else however as know it can be frustrating having to update daily! :)

Hello mate! I love your mod, been using since it was released :)
Little question, to make use of the Real Head Motion you posted on your last upload, does it work on its own or do I need to keep the FreePIE open before launching AC?

Hello mate! I love your mod, been using since it was released :)
Little question, to make use of the Real Head Motion you posted on your last upload, does it work on its own or do I need to keep the FreePIE open before launching AC?
Rhm requires freepie to function I'm afraid. If you haven't used it look it up as there's instructions out there to get it all up and running :)

Definitive Edition - Unless Kunos make any further changes to the graphics engine this is it!

View attachment 135794
Although everyone will have their own opinion on how things should look, think i've finally nailed it. Tweaked the fog effects on all weathers and I think that actually has such an affect on the realism that it just looks great now. Here's a list of what's been done since last update;

- Light Cloud colours at Early/Late times been adjusted as accidentally uploaded test ones on last update (Biggest change)
- Fog intensities and distances been tweaked across the...

View attachment 135482
View attachment 135483
View attachment 135484
What clouds are you using for those pics as i've started to run out of ways to improve my mod so would like to look at trying other cloud packs?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back