Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I don't have any Thrustmaster problems, it's good if anyone with problems (disconnects, light or non FFB) edits his post with the wheel he uses.

Alt/f resets the ffb while on track, it's worth a try.

I also have a CSR and it works without any issues. Try to restart the wheel and game. Also take a look in the Fanatec tool if Windows recognize your wheel correct.

Working now :)

FFB still feels a bit strange at times, feels really light until about 270 degrees of rotation and then I can barely turn it anymore.

Need to sit down one night and play with all the settings and try and get something working

Working now :)

FFB still feels a bit strange at times, feels really light until about 270 degrees of rotation and then I can barely turn it anymore.

Need to sit down one night and play with all the settings and try and get something working
In what car? With the new automatic wheel rotation setting it will feel like that if you drive a car that has 270 degrees rotation IRL. You set your wheel to max rotation, then the game will limit the max rotation using FFB, so if it's a 540 vehicle then you'll start struggling with turning the wheel beyond that point, how much you struggle is ofc dependant on the strength of your wheels FFB motor(s).

Edit: This is how I THINK it works, but I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong :p

In what car? With the new automatic wheel rotation setting it will feel like that if you drive a car that has 270 degrees rotation IRL. You set your wheel to max rotation, then the game will limit the max rotation using FFB, so if it's a 540 vehicle then you'll start struggling with turning the wheel beyond that point, how much you struggle is ofc dependant on the strength of your wheels FFB motor(s).

Edit: This is how I THINK it works, but I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong :p
I am using a Logitech G25. Tried limiting rotation as well, and the "stop" seems to work, but still no feeling. Only effects I am getting is kerbs, shifting and contact between cars. Otherwise no ffb, and yes I have tried adjusting settings;) both in game and in my profiler. All that changes is the intensity of the effects I am feeling.

My wheel settings (Logi g27) if anyone is wondering:
Inverted FFB: On
FFB Intensity: 57%
Smoothing: 0%
Steering Force: 100%
Understeer: 100%
Vertical Load: 115%
Lateral Force: 105%
Steering Rack: 0%
Vibrations:
Engine: 0%
Brake: 20%
Kerb: 5%
Shift: 20%

I have a logitech g25 arc, after the patch I tried the game (demo) and everything was ok, today I tried the car of the WTCC and the problems they were born, it changes to exit and re-enter from the menu! sometimes missing altogether ffb.
there is more sense to move the values ... you can do a thousand proofs but it remains a truck to drive.

They are working hard on a fix for that.

My G27 ffb works now after a reinstallation in XP SP3 compatibility mode (I have W8.1 x64), but it seems that it does work for every one.

In the mean time try alt/f to reset the ffb.

Allrite I've just been on R3E and did a few laps on Hockenheim in the ADAC Z4, these settings might not be equally good for other cars and tracks, but I can't be arsed testing them all :p
Also, it won't turn your GT3/CSR wheel into a Thrustmaster TX/T300 either sadly, while I got it feeling decent imo I haven't spent time really dialing it in because no matter what I do it will still be vastly inferior to the T300 I had on visit for a week. :(
Anyways, enough rambling, here's the ingame settings I run atm:
View attachment 66006
View attachment 66007
On my wheel I run these settings:
SEn = OFF
FF = 100
Sho = 0
dri = 3-4
AbS = 0
Lin = 0
dEA = 0
SPr = 0
dPr = 0

Toy around a bit with the drift setting (dri), lower settings to off will give a firmer wheel but also make it harder to quickly catch slides. I liked it well on both 3 and 4 in the Z4.
Had no feeling of being loose around center like you guys mentioned, not with these settings on this car and on this track at least.

Hi
i tested yesterday your ingame Settings as above with the WTCC Civic at Hockenheim
it feels good and this Center Deadzone on my CSR is eliminated and feels "strong" in a good way
as i can remember Hockenheim has not yet the new "Surface" please correct me if i'm wrong....
i will try this Setting again tonight at suzuka or redbull ring.....
however i compared also the Civic with rf2...and at the Moment rf2 is definitly still ahead in Terms of FFB and Feeling of the car but the direction of the Feeling in RRRE is for me the right one....drivings makes fun and is a challenge

as i can remember Hockenheim has not yet the new "Surface" please correct me if i'm wrong....
Hockenheim was updated. I think you're mixing it up with Nürburgring, which isn't updated yet.
Yes it is, patchnotes you can find here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/828939164212239617/

• Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
• Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.

Last edited:
Lets clear some case. If in game I have steering lock at 23 and wheel angle 540, then I want to change angle to 700 for example. So, I need to dial it in driver profiler and in game to 700 or only in game adjust?

Hockenheim was updated. I think you're mixing it up with Nürburgring, which isn't updated yet.

Just set the highest rotation degrees in the profiler. In this way you don't create any sort of "conflict" between your profiler and the in-game feature.
Then, once you're in the Garage and you want to change steering lock and degrees, you hit Car Setup and from there you select the new parameters you want.

Just got my wheel(g27), so this is a bit of new world for me. What should I set for the profile?

-pedals reported as...
combined(should I check?)

-Rotation
I want to set rotation to what?(value?)

-Force feedback
enalbe force feedback(check or no check??)
overall FFB effects? (what value should I use??)
Spring effect 0
Dampener effect 0

-Enable Centering Spring(check or no??)
sentering spring strngth? (value??)

-game settings
allow game to adjust settings (checked)

-pedals reported as...
combined(should I check?) separate

-Rotation
I want to set rotation to what?(value?) 900°

-Force feedback
enalbe force feedback(check or no check??) checked
overall FFB effects? (what value should I use??) 100-105%
Spring effect 0
Dampener effect 0

-Enable Centering Spring(check or no??) checked
sentering spring strngth? (value??) 0%

-game settings
allow game to adjust settings (checked) checked

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%