Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

Sorta problem...

900º in profiler, 900º in game. Check the rotation in advanced config. All good: limit is in 90º as always and it will set correctly to the car I'll drive, as always.

I try Honda Civic from WTCC 2013. Wrong rotation: 45º or 50º in real life will result on 90º in-game.

Am I doing something wrong...?

-pedals reported as...
combined(should I check?) separate

-Rotation
I want to set rotation to what?(value?) 900°

-Force feedback
enalbe force feedback(check or no check??) checked
overall FFB effects? (what value should I use??) 100-105%
Spring effect 0
Dampener effect 0

-Enable Centering Spring(check or no??) checked
sentering spring strngth? (value??) 0%

-game settings
allow game to adjust settings (checked) checked

Thank you!

Now I need to figure the in-game settings :)

Last edited:
Sorta problem...

900º in profiler, 900º in game. Check the rotation in advanced config. All good: limit is in 90º as always and it will set correctly to the car I'll drive, as always.

I try Honda Civic from WTCC 2013. Wrong rotation: 45º or 50º in real life will result on 90º in-game.

Am I doing something wrong...?

Don't understand the problem, but there is no rotation in the advanced settings.

Don't understand the problem, but there is no rotation in the advanced settings.

He's talking about this....
(my wheel range says N/A because I didn't have my G27 plugged in...)
2014-10-10_00009.jpg
2014-10-10_00010.jpg

Good time to upgrade to a Thrustmaster TX, T300 or Fanatec CSW v2.
Would getting a T300 be an upgrade though? I was under the impression the T300 is either the same as the T500 with different pedals or actually inferior. Maybe it's an impression I got from the pedals and the price.

Aside from that, I also would like a bit more feel at the wheel (without blasting my T500). I keep mine at 80%, 80% 80%, 0, 0 and in game I am at 70%. The wheel is plenty heavy, what I am missing is understeer/oversteer feeling of loss of traction.

Don't know but I use 60-100-100-0-0 and default settings in game, feel everything.

You won't feel more ffb effects between Thrustmaster wheels, only different feeling.
That's why I like the T500 more than the TX witch is smoother.

Would getting a T300 be an upgrade though? I was under the impression the T300 is either the same as the T500 with different pedals or actually inferior. Maybe it's an impression I got from the pedals and the price.

Aside from that, I also would like a bit more feel at the wheel (without blasting my T500). I keep mine at 80%, 80% 80%, 0, 0 and in game I am at 70%. The wheel is plenty heavy, what I am missing is understeer/oversteer feeling of loss of traction.
T300/TX is smoother and faster than the T500, but not quite as strong. Most opinions I've read so far consider it a upgrade from the T500.

Friends DFGT wont work after the update, it detected the wheel but loads a blank profile without any FFB settings available? worked no problems before the last update.

The ffb mostly shows when you map the wheel buttons.

The bug messes up the ffb when you go on track. I have mine working after closing Logitech in the task manager.
Yeah we had to remap all the controls in the blank profile it loaded up, but even after that the FFB box remained greyed out/un-selectable, no sweat if a fix is coming, was just a pain last night when i was trying to show him the new test drive feature to try and tempt him to part with some cash on a few tracks/cars

So I have my wheel up and running....at least I think since it is my first wheel. With the FFB problem with the G27 I have no idea if I am experiencing what I should, lol. Some of the FFB seem odd, it was not what I expected....not that it is bad or anything. It is different than I expected, I am a few seconds worse than I was on the controller but that was to be expected at first.

Some corners I really seem to struggle on. What values do people set for the min steering speed for the in game controller settings?

So I have my wheel up and running....at least I think since it is my first wheel. With the FFB problem with the G27 I have no idea if I am experiencing what I should, lol. Some of the FFB seem odd, it was not what I expected....not that it is bad or anything. It is different than I expected, I am a few seconds worse than I was on the controller but that was to be expected at first.

Some corners I really seem to struggle on. What values do people set for the min steering speed for the in game controller settings?
I've put 0 min and 0 max :)

So what does that do exactly?

Even though I don't know what kind of measurement is used to determine the rotational speed, I know that Speed Sensitive Steering helps you to increase the turning rate (SWheel more reactive) when you're at low speed and to decrease the turning rate (SWheel more firm and slower) when you're at high speed (to avoid abrupt changes of directions).
Setting them at 0 should -theoretically- disable this "3rd party" intervention giving you full control of the way you want to turn your wheel

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%