Who Was Your Sim Racing Developer of the Year?

Can I ask you all a question if you don't mind. the pole states "Dev of the Year", so are people looking at content, physics, sounds?

When you think about it, it's such an open ended question, yes Who was your sim racing Dev of the Year, but why?

I only say this and yes it's going to shock a few, if you are looking at pure content and WOW facture, then the Project Cars win hands down, there is no comparison. Not sure wether it's BLOOM or BOOM (Mini Fist Pump) effect.

If you are looking at ESPORTS, again, the Console's win hands down (shame I know) but it's fact, again not a Devs choice, so this rules out IR and AMS and RF2.

If you look at modding, AC wins this, no questions asked about that one.

If you look at handling, I will not answer that one as it will only open a can of worms.

If you look at sound, well, depending on how deaf you are (like me) each to their own

If you are look at visuals, well PC2 has to take it (so I have been told) but ACC is coming along, so again, each to their own.

So taking this all to account, how can you vote for you Sim Dev of the year?

Like I said in my answer, I can vote Kunos, purely for the fact that they have helped me with modding, can't ask for more that?

So taking all that into account, who is the Dev Team of the Year?

Shaun

Pretty much every developer improved there game in one way or another this yr.

My pick was iracing soley due to the addition of Rallycross and loose surface physics.
Not to mention they continue to add new features to an aged engine.

Why do you vote for RF2? What have they achieved this year? Released 3 dlс? Is this an achievement? It sucks! In this case, the whole game is standing still, and there are only more problems that the developers are not going to solve at all. They can only promise, but they can not do anything except new cars!

Why not gRally? These guys have a very small staff, but they are constantly evolving.

Why no one votes for iRacing? They are also developing. Finally made the shift of the day.

I will give my voice to the guys from Reiza. Their brainchild (Automobilista) will please us for a long time. It's so good that all the other Sims are still very far behind!
Lol, you complain about RF2 DLC and then suggest Iracing lol

Kunos are my favourite devs but to give credit where it's due, Studio 397 deserve the most credit in 2018 I believe. They're trying to revitalise rFactor 2 and so far they're doing an amazing job. rFactor 2 isn't my main sim but it definitely has its strengths and when it comes to quality content, they deliver. Only thing to note is that there seems to be some inconsistencies in quality between cars but overall, its very good.

2019 is going to be a landslide victory for ACC ;)

ETS2 and ATS are no racing sims lol

Doing an urgent delivery when your driver is sleepy sure feels like a race to me :D...I’ve been playing ATS constantly all week and now I’m hooked...it’s almost therapeutic in a way, very impressed.

My vote however went to S397: rF2 went from my least played sim to the most played during the 2nd half of the year...Kunos may get my 2019 vote if ACC shapes up nicely upon release (still shocked that triple screen may not happen), but S397 stole the show with all the many wonderful improvements, plus the upcoming Nords and Aston Martin addition was icing on the cake.

I have a 2019 prediction: rF2 will get more sales after Jimmy Broadbent starts doing lots of Nordscheliefe vids in rF2 instead of AC :roflmao:

Depends on what floats your boat I suppose but S397 didn't get the horrible UI in order and as much as I like most everything else they've done it's firing up the game and getting to race that is time consuming..

ACC for me is still in development so I think 2019 might be their year rather than 2018.

iRacing has done a lot of development but I rarely use the expensive sim because of the $$ to get into some great tracks.

So I was down to Reiza and R3E and I went with the R3E because they're working with one hand tied behind their back with their antiquated engine yet hit a home run with the DLCs this year and the multi-class addition which is easy to use.

I should point out that I do very little multi-player racing so lining up a good A.I. is key for me.

Happy New Year everyone.:thumbsup::D

At first I wasn't sure, but finally rFactor 2 is my favorite. The last DLCs are amazing and gave me a lot of fun. But also Raceroom has, despite DX9, a great performance on the tracks. ACC could only make me happy moderately so far, because many small things annoy me.

This year I had the pleasure to drive a Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4. :)
Without previous Simracing I would not have driven at full throttle! Unfortunately I can't afford such a car, but with 339 CO2 g/km maybe even better.

Let's hope that 2019 will bring more great developments in simracing!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%