Who Was Your Sim Racing Developer of the Year?

The title should be "who was your racing game developer of the year", because almost half of the games on the list aren't sims.

For me it is either Kunos for ACC or Studio 397 for the Rfactor 2 content, both are amazing. I also have to mention as a bonus the amazing GT4 pack for Raceroom, the upcoming Dirt Rally 2.0 and the great content for AMS, although I don't have the latter because I had to choose between games because of my limited budget.

Like them all

But without doubt rF2 from the very first lap I drove...................

For me models, visuals shaders features and the rest are just products of increased development

Physics are born screaming and kicking and none are created equal which sort of smacks in the face of realism

rF2 = ISI physics guru .without him ?

Studio 397 has done exceptional work in rF2 and I look forward to voting them #1 in 2019 when the UI is unveiled and more content is converted to their latest build.
My vote has got to go to Sector 3 as all of their content is home grown, the continuous efforts to improve the single player experience with AI and as of late the ability to race multi-class is fantastic.
My thanks goes to all the developers in pushing the envelope and keeping this hobby thriving.

I'm sure these developers are all very hard workers so I choose not to vote..

I agree in a way, by now someone should have developed a rating system for all " driving games"

So we need a "fair" ratings system that places more weight on say the 10 most popular features of sims decided beforehand by the community and give less weight to other features deemed important enough.
So you could rate say 20+ aspects of each and get a mean

Take Forza it would score high in most every department except Physics and Modding ?

Last edited:
I can't decide.

I really appreciate the hard work of Sector 3, Kunos Simulazioni, Studio397 and Reiza Studios. R3E, AC, rF2 and AMS are my favourite sims and also my favourite games.
Also, Bugbear and BeamNG come to my mind - even though they are not listed.
It's very tough having to choose only one developer.

Maybe the list should also include all the modders of each moddable game. There are so many talented people out there who have been making these great games/sims even better. But this would be a very long list, wouldn't it? I don't want to start it because I fear I forget someone to who I am very grateful.

I voted Kunos simply because ACC, what they are doing with their brand new sim is just amazing, I'm a true fan of Blancpain GT Series IRL and I always dreamed of this type of sim since GTR2.
Taking place in a full chamionship with every cars and every details etc is just amazing !
Hands down to S397, Sector3, Black Delta, iRacing, Codemasters, and last but not least: Reiza Studios. :thumbsup:

Why do you vote for RF2? What have they achieved this year? Released 3 dlс? Is this an achievement? It sucks! In this case, the whole game is standing still, and there are only more problems that the developers are not going to solve at all. They can only promise, but they can not do anything except new cars!

Why not gRally? These guys have a very small staff, but they are constantly evolving.

Why no one votes for iRacing? They are also developing. Finally made the shift of the day.

I will give my voice to the guys from Reiza. Their brainchild (Automobilista) will please us for a long time. It's so good that all the other Sims are still very far behind!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 115 56.1%