Will you be Buying an RTX 3080?

Wow!
969 euro?
Really?
What was the euro equivalent MSRP for the FE cards?
How much percentage-wise do you guys typically pay for non-premium, non-FE cards in Europe?

Last edited:
Wow!
969 euro?
Really?
How much percentage-wise do you guys typically pay for non-premium, non-FE cards in Europe?
There's no "typically" :roflmao:
But FE 3080 was 699€, msrp for Asus tuf 3080 is 719€.
The zotac trinity was available at launch for about 5 Minuten on Amazon for 699€. There's one available at a store only 500m from where I live.
929€

MSRP of the 3070 FE is 499€. Asus tuf msrp is 539€ and most 3070 are now 660-799€...

Wow!
969 euro?
Really?
Look for your self here: www. alternate.de
Here in Germany alternate, Case King and Mindfactory are good guides as to what's going on price wise. Forget the USA, here we pay what we jokingly call
" the EU premium" The card that I'm running at the moment (an MSI 1080 gaming) cost over €570, and that two years after the launch (2018)
Ya gotta love living in the EU. The few 3090s that're available cost nearly 2 grand :confused:

Last edited:
Try over 3K for a Asus 3090 in Australia

Even a Asus Tuf 3080 is nearly $1500 AU
We are definitely being ripped off down under

And a decent Asus 3070 is over $1100 AU

And to top if off NO stock anywhere no matter what you want to buy a 3070, 3080 or 3090, Australia the forgotten country ha

Last edited:
Aussie dollar? or in € converted?
No Aussie Dollar, which is like nearly double to compared to the US value for the same cards, as our dollar compared to the US is not half, like the euro, its 72.5cents to the US, so where did they get these prices from, out of a hat even with the freight and import tax it wouldn't be double, someone is making a profit?

Like a example
ASUS GeForce RTX3090 ROG Strix $3,299.00 AUD
ASUS GeForce RTX3090 ROG Strix $1,799.99 US

Last edited:
No Aussie Dollar, which is like double to compared to the US value for the same cards, as our dollar compared to the US is not half, like the euro, its 72.5cents to the US, so where did they get these prices from, out of a hat even with the freight and import tax it wouldn't be double, someone is making a profit?
F*ck me :speechless: , about the same as in the EU: 3000 AUD is about 1836 €. The 3090s run from 1700-2150 € here, they're taking the p*ss in a big way :mad:
One example: https://www.alternate.de/EVGA/GeForce-RTX-3090-FTW3-ULTRA-GAMING-Grafikkarte/html/product/1673531?
Mine should be here tomorrow, I ordered it on Sunday evening and paid 4.95 € extra for express shipping. The tracking mail says tomorrow anyway. My computer will suddenly develop a "problem" this evening, which means I have to take it to my workshop to "fix" it. AKA Stealth Upgrade :D

Last edited:
F*ck me :speechless: , about the same as in the EU: 3000 AUD is about 1836 €. The 3090s run from 1700-2150 € here, they're taking the p*ss in a big way :mad:
Mine should be here tomorrow, I ordered it on Sunday evening and paid 4.95 € extra for express shipping. The tracking mail says tomorrow. My computer will develop a "problem" this evening, which means I have to take it to my workshop to "fix" it. AKA Stealth Upgrade :D
Good Luck with your purchase hope all goes well, hope it has been worth the wait and the hassle.
At this stage I'm sticking with my old trusty Asus RTX2080Ti Strix OC 11GB (only bought it a year ago for $2200 AUD :() for a while longer as Ive heard the 3080Ti (maybe) on the horizon late to early next next year.
Ha, I wont be able to purchase one of them until at least mid 2021 if I'm lucky here in Australia.:(

Last edited:
I just ordered a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC from Mindfactory.de.
They had five in stock, now only four :thumbsup: Seems to be the only serious dealer in Germany that had any in stock at all.
So I bit the bullet..€979.00..Ouch..if my wife finds out, I'm toast ;) I can feel a "stealth upgrade" coming on...:D
Thats the same card I'm waiting for, but about €130 more expensive.

Good Luck with your purchase hope all goes well, hope it has been worth the wait and the hassle.
At this stage I'm sticking with my old trusty Asus RTX2080Ti Strix OC 11GB (only bought it a year ago for $2200 AUD :() for a while longer as Ive heard the 3080Ti (maybe) on the horizon late to early next next year.
Ha, I wont be able to purchase one of them until at least mid 2021 if I'm lucky here in Australia.:(
If I had a 2080Ti, I wouldn't have bought the 3080. But I only have a 1080 (not Ti ), and that just doesn't cut it in VR with high detail. After all, it's from 2016, things have come a long way since then.
I'm hoping the 3080 will run well enough to run a HP reverb G2, as a replacement for my Rift S. It never ends, does it? :D Always something new to buy....

mindfactory has sold out, but alternate has some. Still expensive, but how long would you like to wait?
If it shows up before the Christmas break I'll be happy enough. I ordered a HP G2 as well, I'm on another waiting list for that. I'd prefer to get the card first, even on my current Oculus CV1 it would bring big improvements, but I don't really need the card until I get the G2. I'm still working on supermarket checkout logic. If I jump to a different cue now it will surely slow down and I'll end up waiting longer.

Sitting here with my 1070...
Not enough for new titles like assassins creed or tomb raider on my 1080p TV anymore and not enough for 3440x1440 at more than 60 fps for anything..
I wanted to buy a 2080 super in 2019 but didn't like the price/performance ratio.
Thought all the wait had been worth it when the 3070/80 were announced with their msrp.

I'm hurt now, lol.

Sitting here with my 1070...
Not enough for new titles like assassins creed or tomb raider on my 1080p TV anymore and not enough for 3440x1440 at more than 60 fps for anything..
I wanted to buy a 2080 super in 2019 but didn't like the price/performance ratio.
Thought all the wait had been worth it when the 3070/80 were announced with their msrp.

I'm hurt now, lol.
Wanna buy my 1080for a fair price? :D You can pick it up in HL, no shipping costs...;)

Last edited:
Not really the upgrade I need, sadly :roflmao:
The faster 2 series (if you can find one) aren't much cheaper than a 3070. How long are you prepared to wait? They won't be coming down in price anytime soon. I bought my 1080 in 2018, when it had already been on the market for two years. Nevertheless it cost nearly €600, although you would've thought they'd come down in price due to the 2000er series being on the market.
And now, I'll easily be able to get €300 for it, after two years use.
Maybe you should bite the bullet and buy a 3080 now. If you can't scrape up nearly a grand ( I can't either, I'm whacking it onto the business overdraft :D), pay €85 a month for a year with PP finance. Painless, and you can have it now. I don't think they'll be much cheaper next year, at least not so much cheaper that it's worth the wait. I am 66 now, with heart problems, who knows how long I have still :D
Life's too short to wait for our grown up toys ;)

Last edited:
I'm 29 and should focus on other things than gaming haha.
So I can wait a while.. I just didn't want to...
But I only planned 700€ for the upgrade so I'll stick to this...

However I have a tuf 3070 and tuf 3080 ordered.
The 3070 was "in stock" so it should be ready for delivery within the next week.
The 3080 though... No idea but it will come into stock at some point.

679€ for 3070 and 839€ for 3080. Tough (lel) but kinda okayish prices for this situation...

I'll wait and see if I can get a tuf 3060ti when it comes out. Hopefully less demand and more stock for that one..

About my 1070: pre-ordered in June 2016 for 506€ with delivery expected for end of July.
It got shipped mid June, lol.
Deal of the century when looking back :D

I'm 29 and should focus on other things than gaming haha.
So I can wait a while.. I just didn't want to...
But I only planned 700€ for the upgrade so I'll stick to this...

However I have a tuf 3070 and tuf 3080 ordered.
The 3070 was "in stock" so it should be ready for delivery within the next week.
The 3080 though... No idea but it will come into stock at some point.

679€ for 3070 and 839€ for 3080. Tough (lel) but kinda okayish prices for this situation...

I'll wait and see if I can get a tuf 3060ti when it comes out. Hopefully less demand and more stock for that one..

About my 1070: pre-ordered in June 2016 for 506€ with delivery expected for end of July.
It got shipped mid June, lol.
Deal of the century when looking back :D
I just looked at exactly how much my MSI 1080 Gaming X cost back then. In July 2018 I paid €579.00. Fast forward two and a half years, four hundred Euro more for a card that is effectively three times more powerful. I'm hoping that the card is going to be relatively future proof. As long as it works with a HP Reverb G2 with the detail I want, I'll be happy. I don't update for the sake of always having the latest and greatest, but I've decided to stick with VR, and that needs more graphic power than flat screen. I don't have enough room for a triple screen setup anyway: I have a 34" wide screen, any wider, and I can't open or close the door to the room where my Rig is. And after you've tried VR, at least for me, there's no going back to flat screen. So, that is my somewhat weak excuse for dropping nearly a grand on a new 3080.
I mentioned casually to my wife this evening that I'd be taking my computer to my workshop for "maintenance", and she just smiled and said OK. She knows I tell you, she knows....

Last edited:
She definitely knows :roflmao:
I bet she has some contacts that tell her what's the latest news on the market so I bet she knows that you're struggling to decide for a super difficult to get overpriced gpu haha

She's probably gonna brag about it "my husband got a 3080. You losers can't, boom."

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 253 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 259 37.9%
  • BMW

Votes: 245 35.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 158 23.1%
  • Toyota

Votes: 258 37.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 88 12.9%